Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 1/17/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 10/19/2015)

Another update for 10/24/2015:

- You can now no longer turn Dynamic Drop Rate on or off. Dynamic Drop Rate is ALWAYS enabled in the PSO2 drop style, but disabled in the Classic drop style. (Classic mode still gets luck boosts, however.)

Previously, there was a bug that allowed PSO2 style games to get drop rates that weren't reduced by having PSO2 drops on with DDR off. Not sure when this broke, but thanks for reporting this. </sarcasm>

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 10/26/2015)

Change log for 10/26/2015 (changes will be in effect at 19:00 UTC):

- Fixed MAG Cell 213 problem. (Gave the opposite of what you should get for your section ID)
- Experience penalty on death has been removed.
- Level requirements have been changed to 20 for Hard, 40 for Very Hard and 80 for Ultimate across all episodes.
- New /noluck command to deny luck bonuses on games you lead.

Another update when the ships are restarted in 43 minutes:

- Removed delay for searching guild cards.
- Chance at Halloween quest bumped up to 4%.
- Halloween quest you get is now semi-targetable. You'll only get a Halloween map for the episode you're currently playing. (EP1->EP1HMAP, EP2->EP2HMAP, EP4->EP4HMAP.)

So, if you want some Episode 4 rares, you may want to spam Episode 4 quests to get the Halloween Episode 4 maps. You won't get them playing TTF anymore.

Some other changes for 10/26/2015 (Later, UTC 10/27/2015 06:00, in about 6 hours, basically):

- Halloween maps no longer interrupt the quest you're trying to load. If you can play the quest, a new category will show up at the Hunter's Guild counter named "**SPECIAL**". You can then pick the map of your choice based on the episode you are currently in to play. (This way you can share the quest with your friends.) Running the quest, win or lose, removes the option from the quest counter for 3 hours. Disconnecting from the ship also removes the quest from the list.
- If you fail the roll for "**SPECIAL**" to appear on the counter list, it won't roll again for another 3 minutes.
- Chance has been reduced for "**SPECIAL**" to appear on the counter list to 3.33%.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 10/27/2015)

For those of you who use language 1 or 2 and not the custom language setting for custom patch files, if you reconnect to the patch server, you will download files that enable you to have switches stay activated in multiplayer games, even when playing solo.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 11/15/2015)

Oh, should also note, this only affects the free roam game. Quests with switches that don't stay active while soloing, will have to be updated individually. I'll get around to it. :p

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 10/27/2015)

OK, Matt just informed me I should probably push this on the custom language too, so now it will download on the custom language too.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 10/31/2015)

Changes for 10/31/2015:

- Milestone event code has been put in place... Currently, we are setting the baseline. More information to come later today. I also need to quickly finish up a web page for it.
- Fixed a bug with Black Paper's Deal reward not being able to be picked up when playing in Hardcore mode.
- No longer announces multiple times when the same rare drops from a monster multiple times in PSO2 drop style.
- GuardianGirth's "Lost" episode 2 quests can be found in the Episode 2 Extermination category.
- Halloween theme deactivated. Halo:ten quests will still be up until 11/7/2015. Activation rate has been boosted to 5%.
- Point of Disaster and The Robots' Reckoning can be played by people in different teams as long as everyone in the party has the team unlocked.
- The cost for some team privileges were reduced. (Though, the cost for the mission quests has increased due to the same team restriction being lifted. Sorry to anyone who has spent a lot of points on different things, but servers and things change.)
- Sorry, I wasn't able to finish the code for the Hardcore team stuff by today, as I said earlier, but I am trying to finish it up ASAP. Will try to get it patched in sometime in the middle of the week.

Put the Halloween theme back up until Monday.

Alright, for the curious, an enemy counter has been placed on the front page at http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/ You can click the "total enemies slain" hot link for more details.

Right now, it's only showing kills since the maintenance today. Starting next Saturday, it will show the current week's kills as well as global kills and kills compared to the previous week.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 11/7/2015)

Update: 11/7/2015

- You can now buy "Team Points 500", "Team Points 1000", "Team Points 5000" and "Team Points 10000" from the Team Counter. These can be traded and registered for remaining team points.
- Halloween quests have been removed.
- Now that we've got our weekly base line for the ongoing event, will be posting some more information and updating the web page a bit later today. (Have an appointment to go to first...)

Other stuff for today (11/7/2015):

- Added "To The Deepest Blue", the MA4 Venue quest. You can use it to get items. Ticket exchange count has been upped from 1 ticket to 5 due to the MA4 quest being permanent. If you hear the Halloween music in Seabed Upper, just patch and it will be fixed. (I hex edited in the Halloween OGG files in the EXE by overwriting strings of ones barely used...)

The translation for Montague isn't complete, but I'll finish his dialog tomorrow, hopefully.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 11/15/2015)

11/15/2015

Changes were made to both Saint Million and Shambertin's Drops.

[Saint Million]

- Overall drop rates were lowered.

Previously, Saint Million had either 1/8 or 1/16 for each of his drops. This has been changed to 1/21 or 1/32. The reasoning for this is that the other bosses in Ultimate, at least in Episode 1 and 2, their drop rates are usually 1/64, with 1/36 being the high point.

I know Saint Million takes some time to get to, but still the old drop probability for a non-rare boss for an Ultimate mode item was too great. (Not like anyone was trying to get to him anyway, judging by the kill counters, but, don't worry, we'll make it easier to get to him in the very near future. ;))

[Shambertin]

- Lame d'Argent and Shouren drops were adjusted from 1/21 to 1/32. (Harder to obtain, POD doesn't take much time. Plus if you get a Kondy on Yellowboze, more power to you.)

- Mother Garb, Swordsman Lore and Limiter drops were changed from 1/64 to 1/32. (Easier to obtain.)

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 11/21/2015)

Update for 11-21-2015:

- Rewards for milestone event given out for Thanksgiving week. (Drop +15%, Experience 2x and Liberta Kit in common banks of people who logged on last week with a level 20+ character.)
- Weapon shop has a higher chance to have hit % items appear.
- Spirit and Berserk no longer appear in the weapon shop.
- Higher percents are seen more often in the weapon shop.

We are working on a new feature for Ephinea that, hopefully will be well received. This may require a midweek maintenance to implement. Please stay tuned for more details.

Actually, Spirit and Berserk still show up in the shop. I forgot to save my source code and sync it with the cloud before wiping/building a new computer last week. :D So, enjoy them while they last... *insert evil laughter here*

Updates for 11/23/2015:

- Hunters Boost Road was added. See viewtopic.php?f=18&t=903 for more information.
- Spirit and Berserk removed from the shop for real.
- Big Brother is watching you even harder now. (You'll find out what this means soon enough.)

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 11/28/2015

Updates for 11/28/2015:

- Battle Mode Team Battle score saving should be fixed.
- Experience rate reduced back to 1x.
- Rare drop rate changed to 20% as a Milestone Reward. (You guys were SO close to the experience 2x reward again, I felt pity.)
- Rare enemy appearance rate upped 20% as a Milestone Reward.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 12/2/2015)

Updates for 12/2/2015:

These are a list of changes scheduled to go live in about 4 hours...

- Hunters Boost Road now boosts the overall DAR or "Drop Anything Rate" instead of the rare item rate to start.
- Hunters Boost Road players can now earn a DAR increase of up to 50% per player instead of a rare item increase of 25% per player.
- Upon reaching SS rank and 50% in Hunters Boost Road, you can continue to grind out quests to earn rare item increase boosts as well, up to an additional 7%. This makes the maximum amount of boost for a party of SS Rank people fully grinded to +200% DAR and +28% rare item rate.
- Fixed an issue with the Hunters Boost Road NPCs making it impossible for future players to join the game after speaking with the NPCs. Not sure if this solves the problem with the Episode 2 NPC randomly being unable to be spoken to, but I'm assuming so.
- Fixed problem with item used data not being logged properly with ship. (Still logging it as a "Confuse Trap".) I actually fixed this in the code before updating the ships last, but somehow I reverted the change or didn't save it or something, so I had to reapply it again. All "Confuse Trap" data will be cleared because of this as well.
- Rare item rate NO LONGER is affected by the number of players who join your PSO2 drop rate game. However, DAR does scale a bit more harsh.

In the past, both DAR and Rare Item Rate scaled down by 11% for each additional player who joins the game. Now, only DAR scales. For each person who joins the game, the DAR is multiplied by .82. Thus 1P = 100%, 2P = 82%, 3P = 67%, 4P = 54% (Previously DAR in a PSO2 game was 1P = 100%, 2P = 89%, 3P = 78%, 4P = 67%... but rare drop rate also scaled to the same values... now rare drop rate is always 100% minimum and can be influenced by Luck, server and Hunters Boost Road.)

Though this reduces the total amount of items that drops, you should have a better chance at getting rare items when items DO drop.

Compare the old Ultimate chart @ http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/ultmob.htm
... to the new chart @ http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/drops.php?diff=3 (Hover over the fractions to see the differences.)

- Drop chart now has both DAR and Rare Item Rate of each monster featured when hovering over fractions.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 12/5/2015)

Updates for 12/5/2015:

- The Christmas Lobby has been put up along with the Pioneer Christmas quest. St. Rappy is in the VR: Temple... EXPECT HIM.
- Hunters Boost Road now features Episode 1's Lost Weapon quests and Boost Road rankings have been reset.
- Boost Roads now last a full month and change on the first maintenance of a new month instead of bi-weekly as originally planned.
- Common drops from boxes are now affected by the Drop Anything Rate.
- Drops in a PSO2 style game are no longer affected by the leader's luck but rather the individual player's luck. However, Classic style games still use the leader's luck.
- Players will no longer be disconnected when unwrapping items. (Sorry about that!)
- Claire's Deal 5 is now in English, courtesy of Matt's unofficial translation.

Re: Official Changelog Topic (Updated: 12/5/2015)

Updates for 12/6/2015:

- PSO2 box DAR adjusted to not affect fixed type boxes. Random type boxes also were adjusted to only use half of the DAR adjustment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back