Are you interested in helping?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fire AKA Drazn

Loves Games
Nevermind

Soly Fixed the problem by giving me a parsing program to directly import stats from my spreadsheet to the battle param files.

Thanks to everyone who expressed interest in this, but robots have taken your jobs. Time to head home ;3

Last edited:
When are you looking to have this done? I love the framework you have put up so far and want to help out, but between work/grad school/baby my free time is minimal until May

When are you looking to have this done? I love the framework you have put up so far and want to help out, but between work/grad school/baby my free time is minimal until May

Basically this call will be open until it is done, or more accurately until the last file has someone working on it. Failing that, when I'm done slogging through it myself.

Check in later when you have time to see if there is still work to be done ^^

Any experience required?
Zero, everything is laid out for you. No thought required either, just put the right number in the right box.

Sounds like it would be easier to write a program to do this for you.

Sounds like it would be easier to write a program to do this for you.

I'd love to, but with my zero programming experience that may take longer than doing this by myself.

If someone happened to code one for me they would get... Several gold stars? A card that says "I really like you"?

More seriously I am intending to do a programming course in the near future, but IRL stuff prevents that from happening within the next year. So...

I'd love to, but with my zero programming experience that may take longer than doing this by myself.

If someone happened to code one for me they would get... Several gold stars? A card that says "I really like you"?

More seriously I am intending to do a programming course in the near future, but IRL stuff prevents that from happening within the next year. So...
Check out Codecademy and W3 Schools (and other similar sites), the first one is where I started learning Python and the second is my resource for html and java. That way you can learn some basic stuff for free on your own time frame.

Check out Codecademy and W3 Schools (and other similar sites), the first one is where I started learning Python and the second is my resource for html and java. That way you can learn some basic stuff for free on your own time frame.

I have been doing so on similar sites, but between being busy IRL and working on other parts of this project, I've not had much time. Thanks for the suggestions though, ill check those websites out ^^

There is a library in C# that I use to build the unitxt files out of a spreadsheet (that tool is up in my Stash however there is no spreadsheet to use with it, mainly due to laziness)...
I could make something quick to export the data from the sheets to the files...
Due to the formatting you have on the spreadsheet I can barely see a thing tho...

There is a library in C# that I use to build the unitxt files out of a spreadsheet (that tool is up in my Stash however there is no spreadsheet to use with it, mainly due to laziness)...
Given the correct alignment of data in the spreadsheet, I could make something quick to export the data from the sheets to the files... ... the only problem is that you'd have to, as I said, align the data. Insert those "INVALID" entries where they should be, etc...

This sounds close to perfect actually. I could totally sort that out on my spreadsheet If i could figure out how to use it

I removed part of my reply....
The library is SpreadsheetLight there is not a whole lot to learn from it if you are just gonna export data from the spreadsheet...
It requires this too https://www.nuget.org/packages/DocumentFormat.OpenXml/

The only thing you'd need (besides knowing how to use the library) is to know where each monster goes in the file.
This is a snippet of how to read the spreadsheet, something to keep in mind is that the files should be xlsx

Code:
SLDocument sl = new SLDocument(file);
List<string> worksheetNames = sl.GetSheetNames();
for (int i1 = 0; i1 < worksheetNames.Count; i1++)
{
    if (sl.SelectWorksheet(worksheetNames[i1]))
    {
        SLWorksheetStatistics slws = sl.GetWorksheetStatistics();
        for (int i2 = slws.StartRowIndex; i2 < slws.EndRowIndex + slws.StartRowIndex; i2++)
        {
            // I don't have how to get the column count in this snippet
            string str = sl.GetCellValueAsString(i2, slws.StartColumnIndex);
            // Do something with it
        }
    }
}

I removed part of my reply....
The library is SpreadsheetLight there is not a whole lot to learn from it if you are just gonna export data from the spreadsheet...
It requires this too https://www.nuget.org/packages/DocumentFormat.OpenXml/

The only thing you'd need (besides knowing how to use the library) is to know where each monster goes in the file.
This is a snippet of how to read the spreadsheet, something to keep in mind is that the files should be xlsx

Code:
SLDocument sl = new SLDocument(file);
List<string> worksheetNames = sl.GetSheetNames();
for (int i1 = 0; i1 < worksheetNames.Count; i1++)
{
    if (sl.SelectWorksheet(worksheetNames[i1]))
    {
        SLWorksheetStatistics slws = sl.GetWorksheetStatistics();
        for (int i2 = slws.StartRowIndex; i2 < slws.EndRowIndex + slws.StartRowIndex; i2++)
        {
            // I don't have how to get the column count in this snippet
            string str = sl.GetCellValueAsString(i2, slws.StartColumnIndex);
            // Do something with it
        }
    }
}

Okay I have those files now, where do I go from here?

Back