MAXIMUM ATTACK 1 Ver2: getting Heart with less than 10,000 points

Mad

Guildcard
Quest: MAXIMUM ATTACK 1 Ver2 (Multiplayer mode → VR)

According to some old guides/threads (thread on zetaboards.com, thread on pso-world.com, guide on shadowwarriaz.com), you have to accumulate 10,000 points (= 10,000 kills) to get the "Heart of <your class>" (AFAIK it's not an actual item but just a flag or something).

I finished this quest for the first time (had about 230 kills or so; didn't reach the end), but got my 'Heart of RAmar' anyway:

I did the quest again and got this message again (don't know if that's normal or not).

(According to the linked guide, you had to redo the quest one more time after you accumulated 10,000 points to get your own Heart.)

Attachments

• holymad_heart-of-ramar.jpg
    holymad_heart-of-ramar.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 156
Tested with another character (now on Normal; the other char was on Very Hard), only made about 80 kills, and didn't get the Heart. Instead the Principal told me that my points so far get saved/accumulated.

Now I wonder if I have played this quest 40 times while sleepwalking.

Not really sure, sorry. Maybe I can get Tofu to look at it sometime. Could be, though, that the old AOL CUP quest that was on the server and this one shared similar flags or maybe it messed up flags that this quest uses. Since I think they're supposed to be similar?

The MA1 quest uses the same flags which are used in MA4 so kills made in MA4 will also count towards it. This is caused by having the MA event quests available all times. We could have the ship ignore the global flag updates for these flags when events aren't on i guess.

The MA1/2V2 flags aren't for events specifically, but an all-time thing that was added later on. If that is the case the issue is MA4 -- The MA1/2 kill counters should stay for the Hearts and Masters sidequest in Beach Laughter since it was that way on SEGA, while MA4 should temporarily stop writing kills (or something...).

Back