Maintenance complete 8/19/2016

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Maintenance has been completed on the server.

There have been some adjustments in regards to the Summer event. The following changes were made to the event:

- The badge drop rates were adjusted so that MORE badges drop from enemies, with the exception of the Summer Platinum Badge. The Summer Platinum Badge now drops LESS often.
- Due to the fact that badges now drop more often from enemies, the Maximum Attack 4th Stage quests now award one less Summer Silver Badge in Ultimate mode.
- The Scavenger can now give out weapons that have the Hell or Demon's special attached to them.
- Cat Ears and Bunny Ears are now equippable by males.

Also, regarding item rewards... Any item reward that does not require a kill gate is a per account reward and you are required to have AT LEAST a level 50 character on your account to receive the item. (This is no different than the standard milestone item rewards when they are available.)

Kill gate rewards are also one per account but the total amount of kills across all your characters on your account must be equal to or greater than the kill gate. Example: If the gate is 5,000 kills and one of your characters has 4,000 and another has 1,000 kills, you will be receive the reward.

Remember, all rewards will be passed out during a maintenance AFTER SEPTEMBER 24TH. Please be sure to have space in your common banks for all rewards you've earned!

Thank you for playing on Ephinea!

Edit: Updated to fix kill gate rewards qualifications.

Last edited:
Only 1 character in the account needs to reach the kill gate right? Not all 4?

If all 4 reach a killgate you should get 4 items. If one reaches a killgate one gets the item. AFAIK.

Each character will receive all kill gate rewards they are qualified for.

From what I understand

If there is a killgate -> Each Character can get the item, provided it's at least level 50 and reach the kill amount PER CHARACTER.

No killgate, just milestone -> As long as you have 1 kill and a level 50 character, you will get the item in your shared bank.

Actually, I just realized I screwed up after reading the event planner's message to me again!

Sorry, guys, kill gate rewards are also one per account. The total amount of kills across all characters on your account have to be equal to or higher than the gate.

I will edit my post now and the kill event page when I get home.

Actually, I just realized I screwed up after reading the event planner's message to me again!

Sorry, guys, kill gate rewards are also one per account. The total amount of kills across all characters on your account have to be equal to or higher than the gate.

I will edit my post now and the kill event page when I get home.

Hm... guess I'll stop making sure all my characters are getting kills then.

I know you can't give the rate for Platinum badge, but can you give us an idea of how much rarer it is now?

Is it now 2 or 3 times harder to find, or just say, 1.2 to 1.5 times?

I just want to know if I should get my hopes up or just be sad. Thanks ;-;

Actually I don't mind giving out rates, I'm pretty sure the rate we have for Platinum will be final at the very least.

It is now 1/500,000.

Actually I don't mind giving out rates, I'm pretty sure the rate we have for Platinum will be final at the very least.

It is now 1/500,000.
Are we v2 yet? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that's insane. What was it before? I like it though, make them that much rarer now. HOLD ON TO YOUR PLATINUM BADGES BOYS

I know you can't give the rate for Platinum badge, but can you give us an idea of how much rarer it is now?

Is it now 2 or 3 times harder to find, or just say, 1.2 to 1.5 times?

I just want to know if I should get my hopes up or just be sad. Thanks ;-;

It is now 1/500,000.

Okay. Be sad it is then ;-;

In case anybody is curious about the rate, it was previously 1/250,000.

We initially had it based on the average chance of a Christmas present dropping in Ultimate that happened to be a special one with an uber inside it, then made it a little rarer since you could choose which uber you wanted, but then four dropped in the first week and we felt it was too common for our vision. We don't want to put too many more ubers into the market, and we want the Platinum badge to be more something you just trip over while playing and feel stoked about.

While 1/500,000 is steep, you have to consider that it can drop across any enemy you kill, and there are people with some pretty wild DAR boosts in effect for max attack now. Assuming we hit the 6m milestone, that's on average another 10 badges, which is a pretty fair amount.

Reactions: Ade
And the only way to get a Platinum badge is by finding it?

Back