MAE Tickets Disappearing

EvilUpholsterer

No More Government Subsidies For Active Basses
Guildcard
Could someone please fix the thing where if you go to the quest counter and turn in the quest when you already have the maximum number of MA4 Tickets, they all disappear? I was very disappointed last night when I was going to exchange them, only to find I had all but 2 tickets in my possession. I was later told by someone in the lobby that this is a common issue. It would be fantastic if someone could fix this. I understand I'm probably whining a lot about something that can be avoided, but it's always worthwhile just to ask. Thank you!

The issue is unique to MAE only. I'm not sure it can be fixed. It's best to use an addon that displays your ticket total so this doesn't happen.

Don't feel bad: Realistically, you probably won't get more than 10 PDs by spending 250 tickets and maybe 1-2 million meseta.

It sucks, but don't lose heart :3

I am poor in both fields, so 10 PDs and a Million Meseta would mean the world to me.

Reactions: Ade
I don't have the Item Reader installed, so it would be a big hassle :(

Gotta be careful with overflow bugs, though. The condition x > max won't work if x has already overflowed, so you can't set the max too high. Otherwise you need to change the overflow detection logic to something like if (max-t > x) x=x+t else x=max.

Just for my curiosity: If it's a common problem, it must be a pretty small integer. What's the current limit, like 255?

EDIT: Looking back, I think I can glean from what Ade said that it is, indeed, 255.

You have to perform the max check before you store the value in the flag, so you don't clobber flag data used by other quests.

I thought we were talking about integer overflow, but that makes it sound more like some kind of overrun. I've never made a quest before so I will defer to your wisdom.

Quest global flags are 32 bits wide, but usually you're storing bitflags or small counters that use 7-16 bits, so a single flag can carry data for multiple quests. For instance, Lucky Coins use 7 bits, and you must always ensure that the player never gets more than 100 (127), or else you'll overwrite data used by other things when you OR the number of coins back into the flag, since you're using a value that requires more than 7 bits.

You don't need item reader to do PW3 box runs. You just go in there with a minimal inventory and pick up all the junk and sell it. You can check %s on items while rifling through your inventory as you return to the shop. if you see a crazy % be sure to tekk the item and check it out before just hitting "yes" and selling it.

The issue is unique to MAE only. I'm not sure it can be fixed. It's best to use an addon that displays your ticket total so this doesn't happen.

Don't feel bad: Realistically, you probably won't get more than 10 PDs by spending 250 tickets and maybe 1-2 million meseta.

It sucks, but don't lose heart :3

an addon that displays ticket total was where ? i want it also lucky coins.

Back