Let's stop the toxicity, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tldr: People are being rude about rooms having more than one FO.

Cut it out. Be polite. Set the game name to "1 FO" or "No FO" if it bothers you. People will respect that. Most of us are here to enjoy the game, not be subject to your toxicity.

Long-winded PSA:
Hey, I want to first thank Ephinea for the space to enjoy this game. Like many others, PSO is a game I grew to love as a child.

Since reinstalling this game a few weeks ago, I'm happy with my highest level character so far - Dumbguy (fonewm) lvl 165. HBR has been fun too. I just may get my Psycho wand!

However, I wanted to shed light an issue I've run into twice over the past couple days.

Maybe people are more tense about time efficiency or have issues going on personally.

Whatever the case may be, it's not cool to be rude to others if there's more than one FO in the party.

I'm here to enjoy the game and will respect your opinions, if it doesn't come across as disrespectful or unwelcoming.

For those who have the 1 FO per room rule, set the room name to "1 FO" or "No FO"

Most people will respect the expectation, similar to rooms with RES.

--- 1st person ---

Thankfully, one person came back to me and apologized for their behavior. For this, I am grateful.

--- 2nd person ---
The other person tried to gaslight me into thinking I should've known better to not join the room. Or that I was somehow the problem for their behavior.

Be nice. I can smell a narcissist a mile away.

Conclusion:
If I see you sharing your opinions in a negative way, I will call you out.

Then, I'll blacklist you and wish you well either way.

Thanks for reading!

Dumbguy

2FO usually just end ups with one running around doing little to nothing or it's a DMC fest from tech spam and is generally not desirable by the community unless previously agreed upon.

Personally I don't really care if it's 1FO,2FO,15sd or 20sd but that's easy to say with a fully sphered kit on my ranger but please be considerate and press "TAB" before joining a party to check party composition and levels before making the decision to join cause you are directly putting pressure onto the 2 DPS in your party to carry and may not have the gear or game knowledge yet to make up for that which leads to very messy and frustrating situations.

If asked to leave then leave. If they're being rude about it then BL and move on. Let's all be respectful to each other and enjoy the event :)

2FO usually just end ups with one running around doing little to nothing or it's a DMC fest from tech spam and is generally not desirable by the community unless previously agreed upon.

Personally I don't really care if it's 1FO,2FO,15sd or 20sd but that's easy to say with a fully sphered kit on my ranger but please be considerate and press "TAB" before joining a party to check party composition and levels before making the decision to join cause you are directly putting pressure onto the 2 DPS in your party to carry and may not have the gear or game knowledge yet to make up for that which leads to very messy and frustrating situations.

If asked to leave then leave. If they're being rude about it then BL and move on. Let's all be respectful to each other and enjoy the event :)
Mew will sometimes be seen returning to lobby only seconds after entering a nooblet room....pouting....."Wow mew, that was quick....what happened?" ........"They Kicked mew out! XP". XD! Mew can respect that 'Proud Wolf" Doctrine....but, when seeing a low level FO in a party, mew'll often pop in to try to impress upon them the 'proper' role of an FO to a party~! It's not all NUKE NUKE NUKE ZAP ZAP NUKE some More! FO's shine when we can Allow others to Flex and shine Brighter! Or as this kitty likes to say...."Mew 'CARRIES' NO ONE! It's All YOU!" <3!
But, mew totally agrees wiff you, dear! ANY Toxic behavior is expected on a World stage...But, THAT'S what makes Ephinea so different...We're a FAMILY Dammit~!
*Hops off her tiny soapbox and wonders if 'She's' the reason ppl are so Angsty about FO's.....then giggles as she flits away~!* =u.u=

-

Last edited:
Its important to realize that this spark of feeling can be emitted from something as trivial as team composition. I'm especially sad to see that its common sight when I happen to see newer players. Its very clear that there's different POVs on this manner and has been for a while.

Just be cool and have fun ya'll. It ain't a black or white deal, people play the game how they ultimately want, and they should.
Peace.

--- 2nd person ---
The other person tried to gaslight me into thinking I should've known better to not join the room. Or that I was somehow the problem for their behavior.

Be nice. I can smell a narcissist a mile away.

Conclusion:
If I see you sharing your opinions in a negative way, I will call you out.

Then, I'll blacklist you and wish you well either way.

No body else is addressing this, so I'm going to. This isn't twitter. Misusing words like "gaslighting" and calling people narcissistic because you don't agree with their actions is not how we all get along. Forcing your morals on someone else who's knowledge of the game exceeds yours is also not how we get along. No attempt to understand each other has been made here, and the only thing you're going to accomplish by treating people like you are the boss of how they must act, is to get ostracized into playing this game by yourself. As someone who intentionally avoids people, let me tell you, this game is hard to enjoy solo, which is why I often play for a couple weeks at a time then disappear for a year or so. I imagine it'd be even worse when you actually want people to play with, but cant because everyone you interact with has you blocked.

People establish communities around the things they love, you should not force your own rules on established communities. If someone is breaking the existing rules, screen shot it and contact a mod. If someone is *intentionally* harassing you, do the same. If you're upset just because you don't agree with something someone did, and you want to talk about it, there are people you can talk to (myself included if I'm around), but you should be just as open to understanding why something went the way it did, and not going "I don't like it, so it's wrong and narcissistic".

Finally, I'm not posting this to argue. Things go the way they do in this game for a reason, especially when it comes to things like Damage Cancelling. Is it wrong for people to just automatically assume you remember/even know about what causes certain things - kind of. It's something you learn by playing the game and doing research. Is it worth starting a thread that could be more negative than the situation you experienced? Absolutely not. It's not personal that they don't want a 2nd force, its a frustrating game mechanic that no one at the time thought would be an issue.

This "If I see you sharing your opinions in a negative way, I will call you out." Has no place anywhere, and does nothing but make you a target for trolls. Mods are here to enforce the rules, not someone who decides to take things into their own hands and turn a potential problem into a bigger mess than it has to be. Step away, take a few minutes to compose yourself, and move on. There's enough hatred in the world as it is, we don't need people creating more reasons to be hateful.

Last edited:
Real question, do people really minmax hard enough to spaz out about party comp in this game? It's already a fairly braindead game that pretty much only ever kills you through instakill jank. Don't get me wrong, it's probably my favorite video game of all time but I don't really see how much a difference having a slightly suboptimal comp really makes in the experience.

Real question, do people really minmax hard enough to spaz out about party comp in this game? It's already a fairly braindead game that pretty much only ever kills you through instakill jank. Don't get me wrong, it's probably my favorite video game of all time but I don't really see how much a difference having a slightly suboptimal comp really makes in the experience.

First time in Ultimate mode on PSO GameCube without any sort of cheating / duping / power leveling is way harder than any Souls game. You mis-remember. We just got really, really good at PSO so it SEEMS braindead.

But yeah put the parameters for the party you want in the game name. It's not hard. (To agree with OP; though the moral chastisement is a bit over the top.)

There's more to it than that, damage cancel is a complete cowpie fest under some conditions (it can cause mobs to take much longer to kill if someone is DMCing every other damage done to those targets, it can also cause unwarranted deaths). Some people are far more aggressive in how they deal with it than others. I was in a game last week where killing vol opt took *way* longer than it should because someone was causing this, and they were weaker than myself and the other player in the game, and I don't know about the other players, but I had to use all my moons, and mates, in a fight that I could have solo'd faster than we were taking it at the same difficulty (and I fully mean in normal mode solo, not in one person mode).

There's more to it than that, damage cancel is a complete cowpie fest under some conditions (it can cause mobs to take much longer to kill if someone is DMCing every other damage done to those targets, it can also cause unwarranted deaths). Some people are far more aggressive in how they deal with it than others. I was in a game last week where killing vol opt took *way* longer than it should because someone was causing this, and they were weaker than myself and the other player in the game, and I don't know about the other players, but I had to use all my moons, and mates, in a fight that I could have solo'd faster than we were taking it at the same difficulty (and I fully mean in normal mode solo, not in one person mode).
Damage cancel has always been an 'issue' here..... we 'Fix it'....we laugh....we Curse....'Fix it' again.....laugh some more....Curse again!....XD! It's just something we play around and drive on~! =3

Reactions: Ade
I think most of us don't really care tbh. Especially this event we've been running so many two/three FO parties and seemingly nobody really gives a damn from who've I've been playing with. And honestly, most of the time it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

I guess people get more iffy about it in quests that contain enemies that need to be coordinated to prevent them from royally messing your team up/slowing it down (think Delbiters/Dorphons gathering, or yeah vol-opt locking), but in your usual day-to-day Ragol slaughtering with standard enemies, its kind of whatever. Personally I think its to be expected if you're going to play with people you don't regularly play with much, but oh well.

OP has a valid point here, that being "don't be rude."

I have come across a couple rude individuals in a pub yesterday who I believe were only on for the event. They seemed to have been imposing their own silly standards on me. I can mostly ignore these things, but this shouldn't be a recurring theme for pubs in general. If you want things done a certain way, there's no reason to come at it aggressive. Just be nice and communicate, and things will get sorted out.

Rude players will be rude players, Unfortunately there are a few who would rather play at the highest peak and shame others who don't, I am guilty of that at times, but during a time like the anniversary event, I prefer to just pub with whoever decides to join. The Max attack E quests are easy enough for me to just solo carry so I don't mind. Now that being said, I know what it's like to be one of those "little guys" that's low level and is trying their best while running random rooms with people, It can be discouraging and disheartening when something like this happens. Should we hate these rude players? Nah. Should we call them out? Eh, That won't help. Those type of players are just there to play the game at the highest possible level. Just learn from their mistakes and lack of communication and move on, Learn to not be like that if that's how you want to play the game. I've always been a "play how you want to play" kind of person, everyone should be able to just get along and be nice, and if you have to Black list the ones you don't like, there's plenty of ROOMS for all of us, play how you want to play and don't let the bad apples get to ya <3 I shouldn't have to remind us, that we all have bad days, Let's try not to judge each other after one interaction.

Names.......GIB mew NAMES~!!!!!

Attachments

• angry-anime-baka-boy-Favim.com-2732390.gif
    angry-anime-baka-boy-Favim.com-2732390.gif
    306.1 KB · Views: 3
I'll be honest. 2 FO can really impact the game, for the non-FO- Twice as much work for half of the speed, which is continuously happening can affect the whole grind. On some quests specifically having to do all the work alone in a group can be a real pain and frustrating.

People who play FO should be tabbing games and not joining games with a FO (IMO), that's how I personally play (unless I join to say I will switch), I also try to play a cast if the game is low on casts.
But players can also bring it upon themselves to make the game nofo or+fo as mentioned by the OP because not all new players know of Tabbing.

The OP wasn't trying to force morals or impose anything like that on the community. He was just simply asking people not to be rude about it because FO is his only class. This is understandable, no one wants to join a game just to have their head ripped off and barked at. Being asked to leave a game because there is 2 FO, sure, that's fine, but just be nice about it; no need to be an asshole. Also let's not forget text is a bad form of communication which is easily construed incorrectly, without a voice or body to portray one's intent properly sometimes people can see text differently from the intent, not saying this is the case here but just want to point out it goes both ways in general.

FYI- the first person was me, I was stressed IRL and was pissed after a bunch of bad games with 2 FO in a row. When he joined the tower game I was rude about it to him and to the other low-level RA. I felt bad about it and sought him out (have not found the other guy yet) in discord to apologise. Doesn't excuse me for being rude but he was thankful for the apology at least. (sorry mew, Spuz is naughty)

Also blacklisting and (if it calls for it) talking to a GM is the correct course for such matters. While I don't see the harm in making this thread personally, many similar threads have blown up into a drama-filled mess until mod intervention.

At the end of the day, I think the point is that it's just a game, and it's nice to get along, people are always willing to comply with each other as long as you are polite about it.

On the whole (obviously, some exceptions and things happen from time to time), I would say this community compared to others is very wholesome and friendly which I am glad for.

Last edited:
Considering a lot of these quests take like 5-7 minutes, it's faster to just get any 4 people and run with it than to wait for the perfect team. So IMO it's best to just run with whomever. Like even if you're dead set on not caring about anyone and just about getting stuff as fast as possible I still don't think it's worth arguing about and better to just start the quest.

And yes Spuz, it'd be nice if people would join the games that needed them, but the current system much more of encourages people to go for the MAE that has either the stuff they want or the hbr points they need, which is easy for many to prioritize over the room that really needs them.

I mean, the main issue is understanding damage cancel - it's the reason people don't like 2 forces rather than any efficiency reason, because someone who joins a game with another force probably doesn't understand how to avoid this.

Because being realistic, just having a 4th player, regardless of who they are, isn't speeding up your run that much compared to 2-3 players. Having a RAcast instead of a FOmar in your 4th slot isn't going to make your runs significantly faster, unless everyone else does no damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back