Let's stop the toxicity, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An observation that is false I believe. There are tons of nice people on the server and I barely encounter people in pubs that behave like assholes, either during normal play or events. There is almost no toxicity present on the Discord either. You must have bad luck, really.

There are always black sheep in every community though, and they tend to be loud everywhere. So it is definitely not a thing exclusive to Ephinea. Don't let a few dicks taint your view of the whole playerbase.

There are always black sheep in every community though, and they tend to be loud everywhere. So it is definitely not a thing exclusive to Ephinea. Don't let a few dicks taint your view of the whole playerbase.

Wrong.
This argument has been made so many times and it doesn't become true the more you make it.
The toxicity in this community goes as far as (some of) the staff themselves, and they know who they are without me even naming them, or the reasons why they are toxic.

An observation that is false I believe. There are tons of nice people on the server and I barely encounter people in pubs that behave like assholes, either during normal play or events. There is almost no toxicity present on the Discord either. You must have bad luck, really.

Again, wrong.
The Discord is a clown show.
Compared to the Discord, the forum and in-game are much better environments.

Mew takes OFFENSE to this tunnel vision comment....but, knows better than to ask you to elaborate', dear. Fair warning.... FANGS are Out! >=3

I take offense to your public persona vs the one you display privately, because you have a much different opinion privately.

More people would be here to defend the OP, but they already left because of toxicity.
How fitting.

@ClownWorld

It already looks like you made a brand new account for the purpose of posting in this thread anonymously. If so, why not provide examples to support your claims of rampant toxicity and the claim that staff and discord are inundated with toxicity? How is the discord filled with toxicity? In what way? What are you seeing?

Sodaboy, the owner and head admin of Ephinea, is staunchly against toxic behavior and is on the side of OP, which he even pointed out in this thread. In what ways are staff spreading toxicity? "More people would be here to defend OP," like, the anti-toxic players have been oppressed and forced into hiding? On a server where Sodaboy is defending OP and basically wishing for toxic people to get bent?

How the hell is Mew different/bad in private? I've known her since 2012 and have spoken publicly and privately with her and she's the exact same, noob-loving person in both places.

You're making a lot of claims, are using an alt account named "ClownWorld", and you're offering no evidence to support anything you said. Who's the clown exactly?

Why make a throw away account if you're that unhappy? Put some skin in the game.

Discord being a "clown show" is an interesting way of putting it. I got warned for being offensively sarcastic once. It might as well be a safe space. I like to think I have some experience with being toxic and I hardly see it around here these days.

Anyway. People who are interested in maximum efficiency need to pump the brakes if they are in open games. Some people just aren't playing for that and you exercised your options when you skipped the password. Use pubs to find people that are like minded and then you can play PSO the way you want it to be played. Otherwise you live with it and move onto the next game...or just take longer to kill Vol Opt.

It's interesting to me that someone who was so toxic they got banned from both the forum and Discord for repeatedly harassing people, block evading, stalking behavior, etc. felt the need to make an alternate account today to post in this thread about how "toxic" the community is.

Anyway, since this devolved from "don't do this specific thing" to arguing about whether the entire server is toxic (which it isn't, as pretty much everyone has shown just by participating in this thread - it's a very vocal tiny minority), I'm locking it. Sorry to everyone who was just trying to talk about how to, uh, actually lessen and be aware of toxic behavior.

EDIT: Also, wait, calling Mew two-faced? Seriously? LMFAO

Last edited:
Wrong.
This argument has been made so many times and it doesn't become true the more you make it.
The toxicity in this community goes as far as (some of) the staff themselves, and they know who they are without me even naming them, or the reasons why they are toxic.

Again, wrong.
The Discord is a clown show.
Compared to the Discord, the forum and in-game are much better environments.

I take offense to your public persona vs the one you display privately, because you have a much different opinion privately.

More people would be here to defend the OP, but they already left because of toxicity.
How fitting.
"because you have a much different opinion privately".....Lies and Slander! Mew is JUST as vehement towards negative players in 'Private' mails and rooms as she is in 'Public!' threads! Ask any of the staff or anyone that has known her in the past 15 years of PSOBBing of how much of a Pain in the ass mew is when she doesn't feel when someone isn't being treated fairly! We TRY Harder than ANYWHERE (Ultima, Schthack, Destiny, Clementine, Eden.....Take your F'Kin Pick!) to make this server feel like a 'Home' So yeah.....CALLING YOU OUT! You know what, wait...NVM. Not about to turn this to some public troll feeding frenzy. And yes, we lost a few devout players from PSO Drama issues...But most come back even after trying to create their "own private servers"!! Only to return like ....'Dayum...this place isn't so bad....'. For every ONE purrson that leaves to take a 'break' FIVE or so NEW Players take their place! That's not a sign of a "toxic" server! Your Move, dear! Mew can use the entertainment!..... >=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back