IP banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

StonedPixel

Robin
I have been IP banned I think because of a bug. My sibling was trying to spend they're Easter Egg(s), or Event egg(s), and was banned after buying an item with the Eggs he had. Could somebody please help?

Hey guys, I've seen messages. This fella has been banned for a few days now because of this. I know he might have lost his cool for awhile there, but a lot of us do sometimes. It's because a lot of us are irrational PSO addicts. :p

Can we get him some help?

(I might have him mixed up with someone else, too.)

Last edited:
from what I understand, his issue wasn't reproducible and what happened is not something that should have ever occurred.

but sodas unbanned people for even dumber things so who knows.

If it wasn't reproducible then it means that either:

A. Something else caused the ban, or
B. The underlying issue was fixed.

If it's A, then the ban was warranted and someone did something they weren't supposed to do. I wasn't aware that this was on the table, so I'll butt out.

Well, before doing that, I guess I should ask: Does the system log the reason for the ban?

Well the person banned (foxy) is a different person than robin
but I guess there's no way to prove it

Yes, but when someone gets auto-banned by the game, is it logged somewhere? I haven't seen an answer to this yet.

I hope there isn't a bug in the Egg Shop... we'll be using that again at the end of the event. ;)

I can't know for sure but I feel like Foxy wouldn't cheat? This does raise some concerns though:

1. In this situation is it obvious what the intent was? Was it just "the packet sent for buying the item had corrupt data" or was it something like "the packet sent for buying a 5-egg item had the item replaced with Sealed J-Sword"? I feel the former should have less punishment than the latter.

2. Maybe "permanent ban for first offense" is a little harsh?

3. If I get banned due to a glitch where I wasn't doing anything outside of normal gameplay am I going to receive zero support?

"3. If I get banned due to a glitch where I wasn't doing anything outside of normal gameplay am I going to receive zero support?"

This is a major concern of mine, as well. There are certainly things happening in the background that average users can't see, but could we get some assurance on this? Thanks.

This is the number 1 reason he should be unbanned, if anything. lol.

I mean, this guy got unbanned..... xD https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/incorrectly-banned.2779/

3. If I get banned due to a glitch where I wasn't doing anything outside of normal gameplay am I going to receive zero support?

I'm a little concerned about this for a different reason. If I fuck up a trainer I'm making, is the server gonna autoban me? (And anyone else who uses it, if I post it in the tools section of the forum?)

Note: nothing malicious, just a thing to edit your gamepad settings and un-map buttons for you

i assume the staff have lives but don't tell anyone because im 99% sure zynemattic wants to be known as the T-1000 of PSO

from what I understand, his issue wasn't reproducible and what happened is not something that should have ever occurred.

^

also to quote sodaboy from that other thread,
Also, in the future if you're contesting a ban through the forums, you should PM the admins only. We'll probably just delete protests in the future from the forums as really other users don't really need to discuss anything about the ban with you.

I know you already have and you've gotten no response but pls try to be patient ; ;

Foxy is the sibling I mentioned, just wanted to clear that up. He played much more hours than I have, I'll be patient I guess, Thanks for the replys guys! :) - I could get more info on what item he bought etc.

Last edited:

Since you're a mod isn't there something you can do about it? Maybe talk to sodaboy? Surely you have direct access to him.
I don't know Robin but from discord I can see he really wants to play, it would be kind to at least inform him if someone is working on that or if he'll just remain banned so he can go and play somewhere else.

I don't think there's anything to work on,
entirely depends on whether soda wants to let him back on
anyway canwelockthisthread kljsdflksjd

I'm gonna lock this thread because chances are the ban will not be lifted.

Soda will post later on whenever he's not busy with the technicalities. We've already talked to the person who got banned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back