IP banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy PM'd me stating:

Something strange happened when I tried to trade in my old leftover event eggs from the easter event to the egg shop for some materials. It disconnected me and when I tried to log back in it said I was banned.

Reasons he hasn't been unbanned are as follows:

1. The egg shop has been up for a long time and it's been used A LOT during the Easter event and off and on after the event. People have been trading eggs and doing things with it with no issues.

2. We've tried to reproduce what he experienced and failed to do so.

3. The ship logged this as the reason for his ban:

[09-09-2016, 06:46:33] 0x60 command "00" blocked in game, Guildcard: 42001345 (Foxy)
[09-09-2016, 06:46:33] Guildcard 42001345 (Foxy) was automatically banned.

A 0x60 packet is a global packet sent to all players. Command "00" is actually an invalid command. The client would not send this command out because it doesn't exist.

To me, this reads as someone was trying to hack or send customized packets and either forgot to fill out the entire packet or was just experimenting to see what they could do with them.

Combining all 3 of the reasons above, I see no reason to lift the ban. If Matt wants to do so, I'll leave it up to him,

I could go into more technical as to why trading eggs for materials, which use the classic Momoka item shop code pretty much, shouldn't cause issues... but I don't think I really need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back