Im worried about the future of this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have issues finding games? Even as a new player I was vocal, asked for help without being a burden, and had a lot of success making friends. Make the lobby yourself as well. Let the main lobby know what your hunting or farming before hand and it usually helps. You will be doing some solo quests but at the end of the day you should rely on your on character anyway to carry you through the content. If you ever need help and see Wolfcone in game just let me know. I'll do some runs with you. :3

I never have issues finding games? Even as a new player I was vocal, asked for help without being a burden, and had a lot of success making friends. Make the lobby yourself as well. Let the main lobby know what your hunting or farming before hand and it usually helps. You will be doing some solo quests but at the end of the day you should rely on your on character anyway to carry you through the content. If you ever need help and see Wolfcone in game just let me know. I'll do some runs with you. :3
it was more meant as would be more enjoyable for ppl coming to the server looking to play and having more options

i noticed the # of people on E actually increased with the pso2 CBT (prolly cause their servers were down lmao)

PSObb will outlive PSO2, its the server you play on that you need to worry about, the people who run it, as history repeats itself and great empires fall, like Schthack did due to poor management, it will be the same mistakes that sink this ship too.

You can already see the responsibilities have changed hands to those with management time rather than skill, just like Chrono and Lee did to scht, Soda has created a beautiful world but left it in the hands of people with attitudes that do not encourage community, longevity and enjoyment, but a 'if you don't like it don't play here, we do not care about your opinions.'

Sega servers were far more populated in the original release, we came close to a miracle 200 online users today, and the game is focused on group play, community and FUN.

This sense of community needs to be nurtured and promoted, not fragmenting communities even more.

In an ideal world all BB servers would be connected and available at the ship gate as one game.

the problem with the example you gave is that matt is declining to change how the game is meant to be played which is a good thing one of shit hacks biggest problems now is that everyone who is actualy left playing there has no gear to go for there all running around with the best weapons with crazy stats. If you for sure want to get people to stop playing psobb give them all the gear they could want and they will have nothing left to do.

The end game in this game is grinding for gear period. If that gets too easy there is nothing left to do. so i agree 100% with matt there bad idea to make the drop rates higher every time someone complains.

Registered to post here to express my interest in a vanilla or purist account mode, as has been suggested before. I like playing purist/LOTL/whatever and started playing when PSO was out on the Dreamcast and have wanted this feature for so long. Having an account mode is really cool to me because you can show people that you actually did progress [however the account mode limits you], kind of like current Hardcore accounts, or like Ironman accounts in Runescape. Being honest, I have tried to play here before but all of the meta-game features for high end players really stress me out like the rotating bonuses and boosts, section ID changing, and Anguish levels. And yes, I am aware that since I do not like those things that I am allowed to not use them or to, as many people will probably suggest, not play here.

Having an account mode where I could play with like-minded people and get a cool colored name would be nice. I know there's more of us out there because I check the forums and Discord every couple months and have for a couple years now and there's the occasional thread or message about this kind of thing but it never materializes into anything.

Sorry if my post comes off as confrontational -w-;; it's just a little annoying sometimes to see the larger PSO1 community have a place to play where they feel welcome and can play the way they want and on top of that see new, extra features added to make the game more fun to high end players but players who want the original game get scolded or told they're wrong for wanting it.

To be clear I understand that this is not my server and that I do not have any right to have anything added to it but I just wanted to throw my opinion about an issue I care about out there while people are talking about things tangentially related to it. If I could design an ideal account mode for myself, it would be one where players could not use the shared bank or trade with other characters, and in which individual drops were used but players could only get drops from their own section ID in multiplayer lobbies.

Anyway thanks for reading!

Edit: one more thing... Anguish levels should be renamed to something else since it doesn't fit PSO aesthetically at all! :p

Reactions: Ade
I agree that Anguish isn’t a lore-friendly name, but it’s simply a nod to Diablo III, which calls its higher difficulties Torment.

Not many people play Anguish, as the increased time to kill is not met with a proportionate increase in drop rates, so it’s pretty minimally disruptive to the Vanilla experience.

Regarding boosts, Sega BB did have them, and Ephinea’s are much tamer by comparison. Sega had 5x EXP boosts from time to time, for example.

I hope you get a chance to have fun here. This server is an amazing golden age of PSO.

the problem with the example you gave is that matt is declining to change how the game is meant to be played which is a good thing one of shit hacks biggest problems now is that everyone who is actualy left playing there has no gear to go for there all running around with the best weapons with crazy stats. If you for sure want to get people to stop playing psobb give them all the gear they could want and they will have nothing left to do.

The end game in this game is grinding for gear period. If that gets too easy there is nothing left to do. so i agree 100% with matt there bad idea to make the drop rates higher every time someone complains.
The end game to pso is 100% time attack. Once you’ve hunted to the max it’s the only way use the gear you’ve got and show the skills you learned along the way. It’s a grind in itself and you’ll often find yourself spending 50+ hours on a single time before it’s presentable.

The end game to pso is 100% time attack. Once you’ve hunted to the max it’s the only way use the gear you’ve got and show the skills you learned along the way. It’s a grind in itself and you’ll often find yourself spending 50+ hours on a single time before it’s presentable.

The end game of PSO is whatever you want it to be. Enjoy the game. (Be it Time Attack or just hunting for continually better stuff.)

it might be for you iv never done time attack and most likely never will one thing i love about pso is how open it is you dont have to use whatever weapon the devs decided had the best stats iv never been in a rush in this game and dont want to be,

Registered to post here to express my interest in a vanilla or purist account mode, as has been suggested before. I like playing purist/LOTL/whatever and started playing when PSO was out on the Dreamcast and have wanted this feature for so long. Having an account mode is really cool to me because you can show people that you actually did progress [however the account mode limits you], kind of like current Hardcore accounts, or like Ironman accounts in Runescape. Being honest, I have tried to play here before but all of the meta-game features for high end players really stress me out like the rotating bonuses and boosts, section ID changing, and Anguish levels. And yes, I am aware that since I do not like those things that I am allowed to not use them or to, as many people will probably suggest, not play here.

Having an account mode where I could play with like-minded people and get a cool colored name would be nice. I know there's more of us out there because I check the forums and Discord every couple months and have for a couple years now and there's the occasional thread or message about this kind of thing but it never materializes into anything.

Sorry if my post comes off as confrontational -w-;; it's just a little annoying sometimes to see the larger PSO1 community have a place to play where they feel welcome and can play the way they want and on top of that see new, extra features added to make the game more fun to high end players but players who want the original game get scolded or told they're wrong for wanting it.

To be clear I understand that this is not my server and that I do not have any right to have anything added to it but I just wanted to throw my opinion about an issue I care about out there while people are talking about things tangentially related to it. If I could design an ideal account mode for myself, it would be one where players could not use the shared bank or trade with other characters, and in which individual drops were used but players could only get drops from their own section ID in multiplayer lobbies.

Anyway thanks for reading!

Edit: one more thing... Anguish levels should be renamed to something else since it doesn't fit PSO aesthetically at all! :p

i think this would be a good addition the game can defenitly feel more rewarding when you find your gear in place of buying it off someone else i assume this is what you mean by purist mode.. if so yes id like this as well :)

You guys should probably come play Hardcore mode, at least for now. Type /purist and you'll grow just as slowly and find just as *many fewer rares* as everyone else.

Since you'd only be able to trade with other Hardcore players, your drops would be almost as siloed as you described. Finders = Keepers... if you shun other Permadeathers. Hell, running one of us down to trade with can already be an adventure in and of itself.

Idk if you can even code this game to run 4 section ID's in a single room, but... We've got PSO2 style drops here now, so... stranger things.

You could trade with yourself on GC if you had another controller, so that's... kinda always been a thing? Right?

Plus, section ID's are just like pokemon versions... They put it in so you would either have to trade with other ppl or maintain alts to 'catch 'em all.' PSO2 can feel very dry b/c of similarly strict trade policies... this is a desire I do not understand.

Worried about hardcore losing hardcore months and hardcore years of progress? Then don't... I've only ever lost one Main, and that was because I fell asleep... and scape dolls aren't so rare that we wouldn't happily share them with you...

Never too many Rednames is what I say... and if you can influence enough ppl to play the way you do, maybe your dream mode gets made.

Our little world can be a fun enough little place as is... if you bend...

a little.

P.S. When you die after reaching lvl 20, you get to shitpost, and absolutely everyone else on the ship will have to read it...
I came for the novel experience,
but I stay for the Famous Last Words.

You guys should probably come play Hardcore mode, at least for now. Type /purist and you'll grow just as slowly and find just as *many fewer rares* as everyone else.

Since you'd only be able to trade with other Hardcore players, your drops would be almost as siloed as you described. Finders = Keepers... if you shun other Permadeathers. Hell, running one of us down to trade with can already be an adventure in and of itself.

Idk if you can even code this game to run 4 section ID's in a single room, but... We've got PSO2 style drops here now, so... stranger things.

You could trade with yourself on GC if you had another controller, so that's... kinda always been a thing? Right?

Plus, section ID's are just like pokemon versions... They put it in so you would either have to trade with other ppl or maintain alts to 'catch 'em all.' PSO2 can feel very dry b/c of similarly strict trade policies... this is a desire I do not understand.

Worried about hardcore losing hardcore months and hardcore years of progress? Then don't... I've only ever lost one Main, and that was because I fell asleep... and scape dolls aren't so rare that we wouldn't happily share them with you...

Never too many Rednames is what I say... and if you can influence enough ppl to play the way you do, maybe your dream mode gets made.

Our little world can be a fun enough little place as is... if you bend...

a little.

P.S. When you die after reaching lvl 20, you get to shitpost, and absolutely everyone else on the ship will have to read it...
I came for the novel experience,
but I stay for the Famous Last Words.
Midnight-Saaaaan~! *POUNCES!* =3

alot of people who are playing psobb now almost 20 years later are playing it because of the game it was back then. There's nothing like it. PSO2 is fun but it isnt PSOBB and it never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back