I want YOU! To join Hardcore

So I'm pretty much new to Ephinea, just joined about 2 weeks ago. My roommates and I started on a normal account but now we are doing hardcore for the thrill. I lost my first character two days ago, RIP Meryl S. you will be missed. I'm leveling my FOmar now, Solidus S.(I don't actually play Metal Gear but I love most of the character names) and its been challenging, almost died to a crit level 1 and again at level 8 against a hildebear. I'm back to level 11 I think, just trying to farm defensive items before tackling the caves or even going to Max Attack again(can't finish, but the exp is amazing). Hope to see you guys online on the battlefield.

That's cool man!! If you need anything give me a shout ;)

Yes pls remove scapes being saved by normal players, not really needed anyway. I end up getting annoyed when they don't save my doll and they are standing 1 foot away from my dead corpse...
faobgw.jpg
faobgw.jpg
faobgw.jpg

You can't blame players that aren't saving you in time. If you join a Normal mode party, expect to be threated like a normal player. I usually save dead players when I'm done with the ennemies I'm fighting, and I'm not the only one doing so.
Also, Alt+Backspace needs to be fixed. What's the purpose of playing Hardcore if you fear death and you leave the party when you run out of Scape Doll ? It's basically making the game much easier and faster to grind than Normal mode, which isn't Hardcore at all.

You can't blame players that aren't saving you in time. If you join a Normal mode party, expect to be threated like a normal player. I usually save dead players when I'm done with the ennemies I'm fighting, and I'm not the only one doing so.
Also, Alt+Backspace needs to be fixed. What's the purpose of playing Hardcore if you fear death and you leave the party when you run out of Scape Doll ? It's basically making the game much easier and faster to grind than Normal mode, which isn't Hardcore at all.

Yes I play hc because I phear death lol'd....was jokingly saying the previous post, I always expect to not get ressed by normal players. Cant let me down when I never counted on you to begin with.

2rwvq4x.jpg
k3spyo.jpg

Zen...We are hardcore, we don't trade or sell, you should try it sometime...oh wait you cant live without your trade community? If not stay normal mode, it's not for everyone. But if your all geared up and bored, take the plunge and let it go...your virtual ball & chain to your ownership of vitual sega property lol jk.

I wont play HC cos ppl like Vex might bully me :(

Also mooning shouldnt be hard when you could literally fit all commands on the hotkeys.

The point of playing hardcore is because you fear death. It gives it thrill. Moons and stuff can be fixed, sure, but being able to leave a game where you decide the situation you're in is too dangerous but haven't died yet is kind of an ARPG staple; practically all hardcore ARPGs have an option to leave the game whenever you want. Nothing to 'fix' there.

all suggestions should be implemented and see what happens :D
i suggest giving male characters bunny ears :^)

That's cool man!! If you need anything give me a shout ;)
Sure:3 only thing I'm doing now is trying to farm a 4 slotted frame and find some HP boosting items or defense boosting items. Got a gen/bod and gen/hp so I don't die in 1 hit for the most part.

Ya see I don't understand that. Surely it's more beneficial for you and the party to res the person, when you don't have to move, just press one button then carry on as you were. Idc about my scapes or me being revived (personally) but when I see a dead player lay on the ground (normal or HC), I res INSTANTLY if I am in range. The only delay is if I am mid combo but thats not that long. And a person stood there not resing and doing more combos? Makes no sense to me, when it's just one button. It just forces another player to run across the room (always me running across) to res the other player. Suppose it can depend on the situation. But ID be pissed if someone ran over my dead body if I was on normal or HC account regardless of doll.

As for alt bs yes, we all agree it's been said 100 times. And I agree, I hate to do it (the amount of times I run around dollless is more than people think). But just because it's there doesn't mean it's used. Some people do and some people don't. I'd agree that hardcore is easy, but the game is easy in general for anyone who knows how to play / has experience. A few newbies struggle in the early levels but deaths other than that are generally caused by your own mistakes (forgetting dolls). Doesn't stop it being hardcore.

You know what defines the mode as hardcore, one thing and that thing is the possibility of loosing a character. Regardless of how easy it is to avoid, and regardless of how easy the game is. In other games it's the same, (possibility to loose all, easy ways to escape). I feel as if people see the word 'hardcore' and then make their own judgements on what the word is and what that means to them, 'thats easy, I could do that, imo anyone could, so it can't be hardcore' etc, yes it's easy mode to you, and many many others. Yes it's not hardcore for you and many many others. But it's still 'hardcore mode' because of that possibility of death, regardless of how easily avoidable it is. People concentrate too much on the word 'hardcore' instead of just letting players play. Your not playing it so stop bashing and undermining it.

Besides, without alt bs you can pipe, you can lobby, you can turn your WiFi off. Heck prolly a million ways to avoid death if you were that way inclined. It's going to happen. Thats life. If you don't play it or have any desire to play it because for you it's not your ideal of what hardcore is then why bother giving any imput on the matter? I'm not running around telling you how you should play or what you should do and why your not doing this right blah blah.
-------
Sure:3 only thing I'm doing now is trying to farm a 4 slotted frame and find some HP boosting items or defense boosting items. Got a gen/bod and gen/hp so I don't die in 1 hit for the most part.

Cool man. Yeah gotta play it safe, if you see any of the guys in team HC they will all lend a hand so just ask ;)

Spuz, I agree that no matter how hard they try to remove the easy ways to escape death in Hardcore, there will still be plenty of alternatives remaining. I'm not saying that either you or pewpew are fearing death, just speaking in general as I've seen several times HC players leaving mid-game because they didn't want to lose their character. And it sucks a lot when someone else could have used the spot. But that's the point of this mode, you're playing it knowing that you can lose your gear and levels. I don't really understand why people made Hardcore accounts if they don't accept their fate. The various boosts might be their motivation, perhaps this is what should be removed instead of the /lobby and Alt+Backspace commands.
And I do revive the dead bodies if they are close enough, I was speaking about someone dead on the other side of the room while I'm busy killing things.

all this has been said before
there's many things that could be done to improve hardcore but talking about it here isnt gonna get anything done

I know those pros are supposed to be nice but I find it to make the game boring quicker. Once you have your lv200's with best items, there's nothing to do. I found the 300% exp bonus we had earlier way too easy. I'll probably make a purist account if anything after i am done with the normal style.

I don't know if that makes it easier this just make your character very premature if anything. I'm pretty salty about our EXP nerf this server is like designed for people who are in high school wtf

Scapes are like survival Trophies, I always having to give them away cuz they fill up my bank. I lost 3 high lvl characters so far. My main JSwole has yet to die for good.
I do not like playing HC with out voice chat im usually on with my friends like Foxeh/Nights on skype when I play.

Then if I am feeling really edgy Ill go play with normals.
MFW when everyone dies in a room a lilies > fk gotta go save them
14332930_10209937906874665_5002092593465996743_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not saying that either you or pewpew are fearing death, just speaking in general as I've seen several times HC players leaving mid-game because they didn't want to lose their character. And it sucks a lot when someone else could have used the spot.But that's the point of this mode, you're playing it knowing that you can lose your gear and levels. I don't really understand why people made Hardcore accounts if they don't accept their fate.
Well I agree, I don't think people should, but I'm not going to enforce that upon anyone, and not everyone is going to see it that way.

..Besides.....running around with no doll dodging Megid gives you such a rush man, I was buzzing last night when I lost my dolls, carried on zerking haha, it feels so good sometimes, the rush is hella sick.

I do revive the dead bodies if they are close enough, I was speaking about someone dead on the other side of the room while I'm busy killing things.

I wasn't saying you don't. Just that was pews reason for being upset. Because people were literally running over his dead body when they were not even in combo and not ressing.

----

@jman it's only a 100% less than before. I don't really think it makes much difference.

At weekly Msr we get 300% and standard 200%. It's more than enough for me ;).

But yeah, I agree with @Ducks a discussion about what needs changing of the mode is best left elsewhere.

Huh? Improve hardcore? How? You die and lose all your stuff isn't that what hardcore is all about? I mean in PSO we're lucky enough to get revived. In D2 if you died people took all your money when it came spilling out of your body LOL.

Can you kill other people in hardcore? As you can see I'm lvl 2 so I haven't played much but can you hop into someones lobby and attack them? I remember I'd be questing in D2 and suddenly a high lvl soc would blink to me and 1 shot me. :confused:

The only way to fight in a normal game is if you have /PK mode enabled. This requires all players on a game to have it on. If you join s game with PK already enabled you then become part of the fight. However afaik it tells you as you join? If you have s game and do not have PK mode on then no one can join to kill you. Only join to assist with killing the boomas.

Huh? Improve hardcore? How? You die and lose all your stuff isn't that what hardcore is all about? I mean in PSO we're lucky enough to get revived. In D2 if you died people took all your money when it came spilling out of your body LOL.

Can you kill other people in hardcore? As you can see I'm lvl 2 so I haven't played much but can you hop into someones lobby and attack them? I remember I'd be questing in D2 and suddenly a high lvl soc would blink to me and 1 shot me. :confused:

dark dirty secret of the dreamcast days u died u drop ur equip weaopn and meseta

Back