I have some questions, I haven't played this since a while and I feel overwhelmed.

RufusB

Hey guys. I just learnt a PSO server was still up with players, so I'm jumping in !
I basically played PSO back in the days on my Dreamcast... offline...
Then a few years ago I played on another private server (I don't remember the name... hack something) And i had a 70ish RAmarl. Now I have questions about the game, I'm starting from scratch again and I'm lost with all that information : Races, IDs... etc.

So there is 3 classes, with race variations. I know stuff like casts are immune to poison and paralysis, but cannot use techniques. They also have regen and so do newmans. Some items have race/sex restrictions.

I'm tempted about rolling a Force, however i'm a bit afraid of not doing much alone... back on that private server I have been told that forces are pretty much here to buff teammates and debuff ennemies... are they ok for solo hunting ?

Next question I have is IDs... I remember having greenhill on my ranger... I know each ID has specific drop tables, but basically which one are decent for each class ? (I can understand that if you wanna min-max characters, you gonna need several IDs to just get all the best items you can get on a given class, but let's say I'm gonna play this character alone : what are the best picks to hunt most items by myself ?)

Last but not least are MAGS. Oh damn... I remember I had a sato... I had to create another character with another ID so I could feed it and make it evolve the right way... What MAG to chose for your class ? I guess what's matter is not really the photon blast but mostly the little techniques it can throw in different situations... There are so many different ones... And are some good mags able to be leveled up with a single character ?

Thank you really much if you can answer all of these. A last question that could be a bit stupid is basically why should I pick a class over another. Do hunter take damage better than ranger does ? And can you pretty much be a "jack of all trades" ? I remember some FOmar being able to bring swords and just strike with them...

Those are some excellent questions. There are guides for everything you asked about, but the first question to ask is what character do you want to be? I played solo GC for many years and eventually found my favorite class. I feel like FOs have a difficult and costly initial growth if you are starting from scratch, because you need to build up a mag AND find/buy the techs to be awesome. I started a RAmarl, and her side job is to build the magic mag and stockpile the techs for my future FO. On GC I had fun making a new char, giving them the best gear and mag, and seeing how quickly they could clear each difficulty mode, and a beefed up Fonewm will ROLL through the game solo (up through ult ruins, then things got harder).
As a FO, I don't think it should be your job to just buff/debuff/heal, because (imo) that is super boring. Why deny a FO the right to waltz into a room and use magic to paint the walls with your enemies' blood? Although, I was helping a guy level yesterday and a FO joined us, and he was going a little ham so I asked him to let the lower guy get a hit in first so he could get the exp, and he was totally cool. He didn't buff us or make an effort to heal us, and I was totally fine with that.
Each section ID has a specific item type that is more likely to be found. My RAmarl is a viridian because I wanted her to find more shotguns (sorry, spreads). My FO is a pinkal so he can find the mage items. At some point I will probably made a redria to find better armor. So just pick the id that helps your own character the most I guess?
So why should you pick a class/race over the others? Personal preference. Don't worry about what other people will think (although if that is a concern you may be a "support" type personality :3), think about what sounds fun. If you like the FOs, each one has a boost to different techs, or increased ranges for different techs. Others may disagree, but I think FOnewm is best solo FO because of the Ra and Gi boost.

Let's say I wan't to roll a Fomar. or Fomarl, because I like how they look. What kind of mag I want to aim for ? Basically how can I find all this information about race specifics, ID drops tables, etc ?

(Whoops, this got longer than expected. Sorry. Hope it's not too overwhelming.)

Heyo!

When I started my FOmarl, I first used a classic 5/150/45/0 Sato from my HUcaseal. Over the course of her life, I used four different Mags on her: First the aforementioned Sato so that I could do some decent damage. Once my ATP were high enough, I swapped to a different, "Hybrid" Sato that featured MIND as well. Later I switched to another, different hybrid Sato (a little more mind again) and then finally to my final Mag for maxing stats at 200 (since FOmarl can be maxed easily, I can already use it and have max ATP and ATA). Long story short: One Mag will probably not be enough, be ready to raise at least 2.

Soloing with a force is ultra easy IMO, no worries here. Due to level 30 support techs, you can do some very good damage and stay alive easily. Tower can be difficult, though. Reminder: Technique Damage on Ultimate Multimode is not very good, so you will have to melee as well. In Single Mode, tech damage is good, though.

I would only recommend starting out with a FOmar/l (or any FO for that matter) when you are ready to "only" buff and debuff for a while on Ultimate. Your tech damage will be very bad and your ATA will be extremely low, too, so you won't be able to hit stuff reliably without Attack Glitching. "Attack Glitching" you might know as the "Slicer Glitch" or "SNS Glitch". I myself started tried to start with a FOmarl, but it was just a little too hard at times. Switched to HUcaseal, got some at least decent gear and cash, then rolled a FOmarl, and wow, was it fun all of a sudden.

Here's some stuff you should get for a FOmarl...

Very important and relatively easy to get:
Decent MAG (always important) (I could maybe lend you one)
Frame or Armor with 4 slots
Heavenly/Battle (Cheap) or V101 (expensive)
Heavenly/Arms (cheaper) or Adept (VERY expensive) so that you can get some ATA quickly
Glide Divine
Maybe some Heavenly/Minds or God/Minds so that you can equip some stuff earlier / can use techs earlier
50 Hit Charge Vulcan (free) (you can hit frozen stuff easily and can even glitch attacks)
Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, lv 30 is best of course
Decent Gifoie
Reverser, Ryuker, Anti Level 6+ (7)
Slicer of Fanatic (with hit is good, but even without you can hit with the first strike when using Special-Normal - 0'd is very cheap; and you can at least help your party a little while you are relatively weak still)
SMARTLINK (very cheap - it's hard to explain in detail what it does - let's just say "it raises ATA by an invisible and extreme amount)
Maybe a Resta Merge
Three Seals (not very important, but the resists are awesome for surviving Falz' Grants when starting out and it's super easy to get, all you need is a little patience and meseta. Coren item.)

Also very important, but you can save this for a little later:
V801 (later, you'll be fine without it for a long time)
Gifoie Merge (now might be the time to buy, many around from the event)
Magical Piece (was easy to get during summer, more expensive now)
Tyrell's Parasol (Resta, Shifta, Deband range buff)
Vivienne 30 hit (from the recent event)
Diska of Braveman with Hit + Thirteen (Armor) Combo
Guardianna with 30+ Hit
Rambling May
V502 (expensive) + a 50h Hell Raygun or something similar so that you can HELL stuff in Episode 2
Red Ring

You can find all kinds of guides here:
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/forums/guides.33/

Ah, and I would not recommend rolling Pinkal. While Pinkal finds some awesome stuff on Ultimate Episode 4, it will be a while until you can hunt stuff there without being slow or dying. But it's your choice...

Last edited:
Hey guys. I just learnt a PSO server was still up with players, so I'm jumping in !
I basically played PSO back in the days on my Dreamcast... offline...
Then a few years ago I played on another private server (I don't remember the name... hack something) And i had a 70ish RAmarl. Now I have questions about the game, I'm starting from scratch again and I'm lost with all that information : Races, IDs... etc.

So there is 3 classes, with race variations. I know stuff like casts are immune to poison and paralysis, but cannot use techniques. They also have regen and so do newmans. Some items have race/sex restrictions.

I'm tempted about rolling a Force, however i'm a bit afraid of not doing much alone... back on that private server I have been told that forces are pretty much here to buff teammates and debuff enemies... are they ok for solo hunting ?

Next question I have is IDs... I remember having greenhill on my ranger... I know each ID has specific drop tables, but basically which one are decent for each class ? (I can understand that if you wanna min-max characters, you gonna need several IDs to just get all the best items you can get on a given class, but let's say I'm gonna play this character alone : what are the best picks to hunt most items by myself ?)

Last but not least are MAGS. Oh damn... I remember I had a sato... I had to create another character with another ID so I could feed it and make it evolve the right way... What MAG to chose for your class ? I guess what's matter is not really the photon blast but mostly the little techniques it can throw in different situations... There are so many different ones... And are some good mags able to be leveled up with a single character ?

Thank you really much if you can answer all of these. A last question that could be a bit stupid is basically why should I pick a class over another. Do hunter take damage better than ranger does ? And can you pretty much be a "jack of all trades" ? I remember some FOmar being able to bring swords and just strike with them...
*Rubs her tiny paws together with anticipation* Hmmmm...that's a lot of loaded questions dear lol. No biggies!

First off... You, like M a n y, if not All of us are Schthack refugees =3. So you'll more than likely bump into or get 'Pounced' by a few familiar faces! >=3

Asking opinions about what class and sex to roll is a loaded question,... Do you purrfer to get your paws wet with enemy blood and come away with a few scars up close? Or do you enjoy more Death From a Distance type of religion? PPL get frustrated when they try to build an FO then realize that primal urge to just wanna CLEAVE something in it's face creeps in, only to get one shotted over and over when toe to toe soloing early on! Melee FOs can be frustrating at low level. Even female HUcasts get their own unique Whirlwind attack patterns to showcase their purrpose in design with blades. You can always roll 4 different classes and see which one strikes your passion best. =3

FO's may start off super Soft and Squishy and can be vexing at first....but once you get up there in techs and survivability with HP and gear...FO's in online events are HIGH in demand! Those 28+lvl Buffs and Debuffs can make or break a quest! XD! And don't even get mew started on the offensive NUKE grade stuff! >=3

IDs are another prickly subject lol. We DO Has a change id feature here if you wanna read up on that. Most ppl returning into PSO will have a fond memory of a fave weapon 'back in the day' either on Dreamcast or GC only to find the items are either now class restricted...id changed dependent to find...or just plain super rare since hacking was rampant back then. The drop charts here should halp make up your mind on which class u wanna spend the next few weeks....months....years trying to hunt that long lost friend of yours....hunting ALONE sucks tho huh? We DO has a PSO2 drop system to get rid of those pesky red box ninjas that pop into your room lol!

MAGS are another one of those 'oh God here we go again' triggers. PPL who adore SATOS and love their benefits of owning one may look on someone with an Olga Flow GAEL Thingy like Oooo Ahhhh...or Angel/Devil wings with matching Halo...or Panther Tail with kitty ears....different MAGS...different combat boosts....All can make or break your playing mood when your character is standing there with all its radiance and you just Don't like the MAG your class exclusively makes and a rare cell u desire requires a different one....HOMEWORK...HOMEWORK....HOMEWORK heheh. PSO-WORLD.com still exists if u want a few peeks at MAG set ups/feeds too! =3

Last question made mew giggle. Being a Jill of all trades and Master of None herself can be vexing without the right MAG to support your habits! Being a FOney trapped in a HUneys body will drive you Nuts if your MAG doesnt have the MIND needed to keep you from spending a fortune on fluids! Building a Femranger that likes to buff and debuff too? Better get ready to pull your hair trying to balance MIND with DEX in ONE MAG...same with deciding on HUnter stats for close quarters combat VS Using techs or a pew pew. Jack of All trades is an ulcer waiting to happen if you're not careful dear. Soloing Sucks for most ppl and mews pretty damn sure you'll enjoy the company and family feels of our little tribe of a community and you'll find out playing with a few favorite friends will help cancel any flaws in choosing what makes YOU happiest! It's like if you make a TANK of an RAcast, only to find out hasing a warm FO team-mate hovering close by makes you feel balanced and carefree to actually PLAY the game....not just SURVIVE.... you know?

Sorry for the long novel and hope you like it here! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff whatever char u choose!.....oh....and Welcome Home! =3

Last edited:

Heyo!

When I started my FOmarl, I first used a classic 5/150/45/0 Sato from my HUcaseal. Over the course of her life, I used four different Mags on her: First the aforementioned Sato so that I could do some decent damage. Once my ATP were high enough, I swapped to a different, "Hybrid" Sato that featured MIND as well. Later I switched to another, different hybrid Sato (a little more mind again) and then finally to my final Mag for maxing stats at 200 (since FOmarl can be maxed easily, I can already use it and have max ATP and ATA). Long story short: One Mag will probably not be enough, be ready to raise at least 2.

Soloing with a force is ultra easy IMO, no worries here. Due to level 30 support techs, you can do some very good damage and stay alive easily. Tower can be difficult, though. Reminder: Technique Damage on Ultimate Multimode is not very good, so you will have to melee as well. In Single Mode, tech damage is good, though.

I would only recommend starting out with a FOmar/l (or any FO for that matter) when you are ready to "only" buff and debuff for a while on Ultimate. Your tech damage will be very bad and your ATA will be extremely low, too, so you won't be able to hit stuff reliably without Attack Glitching. "Attack Glitching" you might know as the "Slicer Glitch" or "SNS Glitch". I myself started tried to start with a FOmarl, but it was just a little too hard at times. Switched to HUcaseal, got some at least decent gear and cash, then rolled a FOmarl, and wow, was it fun all of a sudden.

Here's some stuff you should get for a FOmarl...

Very important and relatively easy to get:
Decent MAG (always important) (I could maybe lend you one)
Heavenly/Battle (Cheap) or V101 (expensive)
Heavenly/Arms (cheaper) or Adept (VERY expensive) so that you can get some ATA quickly
Glide Divine
Maybe some Heavenly/Minds or God/Minds so that you can equip some stuff earlier / can use techs earlier
50 Hit Charge Vulcan (free) (you can hit frozen stuff easily and can even glitch attacks)
Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure, lv 30 is best of course
Decent Gifoie
Reverser, Ryuker, Anti Level 6+ (7)
Maybe a Resta Merge
Three Seals (not very important, but the resists are awesome for surviving Falz' Grants when starting out and it's super easy to get, all you need is a little patience and meseta. Coren item.)

Also very important, but you can save this for a little later:
V801 (later, you'll be fine without it for a long time)
Gifoie Merge (now might be the time to buy, many around from the event)
Magical Piece (was easy to get during summer, more expensive now)
Tyrell's Parasol (Resta, Shifta, Deband range buff)
Slicer of Fanatic (with hit is good, but even without you can hit with the first strike when using Special-Normal)
Vivienne 30 hit (from the recent event)
Diska of Braveman with hit + Thirteen (Armor) Combo
V502 (expensive) + a 50h Hell Raygun or something similar so that you can HELL stuff in Episode 2

You can find all kinds of guides here:
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/forums/guides.33/

Ah, and I would not recommend rolling Pinkal. While Pinkal finds some awesome stuff on Ultimate Episode 4, it will be a while until you can hunt stuff there without being slow or dying. But it's your choice...
YES, YES and more YES! <3

Okay. I checked up all FO races and I can see FOmarl has bonus range on some support abilities. Fits what I wanna do with it. I'm totally fine with buffing / debuffing and healing all the way. BTW Is Ultimate just a difficulty ? Does it changes some game mechanics ?

So I can Roll with a Sato ? I really don't remember anything beside the fact each mag has particular techniques when you encounter a boss or when their PB bar is full. Dunno what Sato was doing with this. Basically as long as the mag have the stats i need, it's okay... i guess ? What kind of stats should i be aiming for if I want to be some kind of support character ?
Well I rolled a Pinkal... I'm okay with having a rough start. And this game community is so welcoming i'm pretty sure I should be able to find pals that could get some items for me... if not then i'll just deal with it.

And someone's gonna need to explain what stat maxing it about... Basically how do you raise stats otherway than raising your mag's stats and equiping those augments for armor slots ?

Now I want to make a FOmarl :D what id would you rec?

Heyo!

First, I added a few things I forgot to my first post (Smartlink, for example) and swapped Slicer of Fanatic to "get ASAP".

Yes, you can roll with Sato. It has the best triggers (Invincibility on all of them) and is just a really fine mag to have.

I'll list three mags I used. Important: Do not go over 5 Def on any of them! Def on a Mag is pointless. To do so, only feed Monomate / Monofluid until level 10.

Mag Name / DEF / POW / DEX / MIND
Sato 5/150/45/0
Sato 5/50/60/85
Angel Wings 5/25/65/115 (just because I like the looks) (might misremember one stat here...)

Ultimate is a difficulty, yes - but a few enemies learn new tricks and the game, you might say, "starts for real" there.

"Stat Maxing"... well, to make it short: All stats except for HP and TP have a "cap", which means that they can not go any higher (except for bonuses from weapons and shields like Red Ring). For example, a FOmarls max ATA is 170, her ATP 872, and so on.

"Stat Maxing" means that you have max stats at level 200 -OR- that you max ATP, ATA, LCK (and MST). DFP and EVP are not really important and can - or almost MUST - be ignored with some characters because they would have to use to many slots to max all their stats and armor slots are VERY important. Lucky for you, though: FOmarl is super easy to max out. Here is a thread (do not use the guide in the first post, though, the one by "Andy" is better. Also, you can always swap Mind and Pow Mats as long as your mag refelcts this at the end). You can make your own plans here:

http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/ss/statussimulator.html

I'm happy that you picked a FOmarl, we can always use more of our kind! :3

Ok so what is your recommanded ID for a "support" style force ? I know I'm going to need a female force with like redria if i want to raise a sato. As a starting player, what should I do ? Just get some money and raise the mag before starting to play ?

Why those stats spreads on your 2 satos ?
Why do you need 45 Dex on one and 60 on another ?
Also your mag's mind are "low" i guess ? Is that because it's not really needed to have that much on a support force ? Does heal increase with mind as well ?

Now I want to make a FOmarl :D what id would you rec?

Heyo! Phew, I'm not really the guy to ask that, I guess. In my opinion: Just look at the drop chart and see what interests you. Not single chart will give you everything you need and whilde some IDs might not give the best things for FOs, the stuff you can find there can often easily be traded for the rest. For example, I went with Purple on my FOmarl since that ID can find both a Battle Unit (Heavenly/Battle) and V801; plus some other staples that sell very well with the right hit (Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle) and thus can be used to trade for other stuff. Purple also has Heaven Striker and a doable Psycho Wand drop (...kinda), plus it finds an easy Guardianna, one of the most underused weapons in the game. Oh, and you can farm Photon Crystals on Very Hard.

Bluefull was my pick for the FOmar that I recently got to Ultimate: Limiter, Girasole, Tyrell's Parasol and other stuff was just too "tasty". But yeah, it all depends on what you're looking for.

Why those stats spreads on your 2 satos ?
Why do you need 45 Dex on one and 60 on another ?
Also your mag's mind are "low" i guess ? Is that because it's not really needed to have that much on a support force ? Does heal increase with mind as well ?

Heyo!
Well, I wanted to free up some armor slots while having max ATA and ATP, that's why I created the Mag. Ah, and the Angel Wings are my Max Stats Mag. I could have continued using the Sato for a while.
115 Mind is more than enough: Mind / MST increases your Resta Power, but even "weak" Resta is still a killer and you WILL need ATP and ATA, as well. As I said: Tech damage is very bad on Ultimate Multi Mode. I forgot to mention: I also have a 5/0/45/150 Mag as having one of those can also come in handy. Going over 150 Mind is overkill though and not even possible with Sato.

I'll go for Bluefull I think.
What's the difference between a Nidra and a Sato ? Also do you recommand me to feed my first mag to suit what kind of build ? Maxing out MIND to level up my character, then go for a "optimal" mag after ? When do you use your 150 POW mag ? And your 50/60/85 one ?

Heyo!

I used my POW Mag for a long time since MST wasn't really important at the start. Once you get to ULT, you might want to be able to equip Glide Divine, for example. Then you might want to swap Mags.

Nidra is actually completely the same as Sato - it even is "better" since you can raise the stats of Nidra faster. Most people just prefer Sato for the looks, but honestly, Nidra also looks really nice.

Wow, I played hundreds of hours of this game on Dreamcast and I barely understand what you guys are talking about. This game is so good.

I just remember being like somewhere around 70-100 and having a really cool MAG. I also had some cool swords and some crazy sythe looking thing???

Then I remember there being some christmas thing with trees and I saw someone with a mag that looked like a Chao from Sonic Adventure.

OK, I am not crazy, check this out! : http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1020
chao.jpg

Is this possible to get in Blue Burst????

Last edited:
Wow, I played hundreds of hours of this game on Dreamcast and I barely understand what you guys are talking about. This game is so good.

I just remember being like somewhere around 70-100 and having a really cool MAG. I also had some cool swords and some crazy sythe looking thing???

Then I remember there being some christmas thing with trees and I saw someone with a mag that looked like a Chao from Sonic Adventure.

OK, I am not crazy, check this out! : http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1020
chao.jpg

Is this possible to get in Blue Burst????

It is. You'll need a Heart of Chao and a mag with all stats higher than level 35. To get the Heart of Chao, you'll have to get it from a Hallo Rappy in the Episode 2 VR Temple area during our Halloween events, and even then you're not 100% guaranteed to get one. You'll probably have to trade Photon Drops for it.

And don't sweat most of the talk. The game is still quite simple.

It is. You'll need a Heart of Chao and a mag with all stats higher than level 35. To get the Heart of Chao, you'll have to get it from a Hallo Rappy in the Episode 2 VR Temple area during our Halloween events, and even then you're not 100% guaranteed to get one. You'll probably have to trade Photon Drops for it.

And don't sweat most of the talk. The game is still quite simple.

Yeh the talk really throws me off lol. Thanks for the heads up on that mag, looks like i gotta play a lot this next halloween!!!

Back