Huge announcement..

Haha, yeah, I knew there were 3 forums but I couldn't find the link to the first one. I remember both times it changed.

Sadly, the first forum is still in lockdown due to WildOne's hissy fit, so we can't browse it for its awesome historical value. :p

I might want to add that Maximilian dood is showcasing shtacks server. I hope he realizes that he's enabling lee behavior by doing this which stinks because I like to watch his videos on youtube. =/

why Cranberry even tried to stick around that shithole as long as she did is beyond me

without her running pso gc/dc/v2 on the newest iteration of the server, it's bound to be even shittier

The only thing that bothers me isn't exactly schthack being back, they have that right, the problem is the ppl who were part of schthack staff at one point and now complaining about what X or Y is doing.

I understand that some of you are trying to wipe the dust from your hands and joining the bagwagon and bashing alongside the other players to try and seem like you are clean, however part of the schthack problems were caused by the moderators and GMs that were at some point there and examples are plenty, this goes across all platforms, that means PSO BB, PSO GC and even PSO v2.

The hat will serve someone, especially you Mr "that disk corrupts pso saves after 1000 hours"

Out of curiosity, was there a time when Schthack was regarded favorably? I played on it for maybe 6 months around 4 or 5 years ago, and I don't really remember any major issues. I took a break for just long enough that my account was purged, and I don't think I could even get back on the forums to ask the staff to reactivate me (or at least let me start over or something). 4-5 years is a long enough time that weird stuff could have started happening after I stopped playing there.

SCHTServ always had people who disliked it simply because it was #1 and they didn't get their way, but it was regarded favourably before Crono114 took over as the main administrator, back in 2009. After that... nothing happened, basically, except donation items on BB and changes to BB. There was hardly any support, bug fixes or favourable changes after that.

I personally started in 2010 and I enjoyed my time there since I didn't really pay any attention to the server politics, but if you ever needed any sort of assistance with anything, you weren't getting it.

Oh, and your account was not purged for inactivity. It was purged because Crono114 was incompetent enough to not make any backups of the server data and ended up having his HDD fail on him. ;)

Out of curiosity, was there a time when Schthack was regarded favorably? I played on it for maybe 6 months around 4 or 5 years ago, and I don't really remember any major issues. I took a break for just long enough that my account was purged, and I don't think I could even get back on the forums to ask the staff to reactivate me (or at least let me start over or something). 4-5 years is a long enough time that weird stuff could have started happening after I stopped playing there.
Schtserv started in what, 2003? It depends who you ask but I think it was fairly well-received for most of that time. I played there since 2009 and never really had any problems with anyone until they started banning me because they thought I was someone I wasn't, thought I was friends with someone they didn't like, banned anyone associated with TA, banned people who uploaded videos of themselves playing well (even if they never had anything to do with TA), started banning people because their youtube name was similar to someone else' forum name, etc...
So yeah it used to be a pretty good place to play PSO, but now it's not and probably never will be.

SCHTServ was the only private server i knew of pso. plus it still allowed me to get online through pc, dc, episode 1 2, and 3 so i was there. i'll probably go back and play on that server if i can still do episode 3.

but i wont use it for my main playing since i dove so much time into this already lol.

If you're playing versions other than BB, there are other servers around such as:

Sylverant (DC V1&2/PC V2/GC E1&2) (Mainly a V2 server)
L33tserv (GC E1&2)
Izayaka (DCV1&2/PC V2/GC E1&2) (Mainly a GC server, but mostly JP)
No Name (All Versions, sans E3) (Mostly JP)

+ a lot of others I forgot.

There's really no reason to play on SCHTServ anymore for any version. Only Episode 3 is what they have advanced the most on, but it's still not really in a playable state as far as I know, so it's still not really worth it. Will anyone get a fully working E3 server? That would be really cool but a hell of a lot of work now considering there's no official servers to log from anymore. (but anyone who would manage it would be loved forever, I'm sure)

While the multi-platform functionality of SCHTServ is really cool and would make it the "place to be" for PSO fans, the administration are simply not worth bothering with, as always.

EDIT: Like seriously, they're having so many issues with the GC DNS server because they never set it up correctly and half the GC players are apparently having trouble connecting and it's been like this since the server originally went up... and it appears they've not done anything about it yet.

Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me isn't exactly schthack being back, they have that right, the problem is the ppl who were part of schthack staff at one point and now complaining about what X or Y is doing.

I understand that some of you are trying to wipe the dust from your hands and joining the bagwagon and bashing alongside the other players to try and seem like you are clean, however part of the schthack problems were caused by the moderators and GMs that were at some point there and examples are plenty, this goes across all platforms, that means PSO BB, PSO GC and even PSO v2.

The hat will serve someone, especially you Mr "that disk corrupts pso saves after 1000 hours"
I know I'm not clean...but I know you're not clean either ;)

and while people enjoyed Schthack at whatever period, the administration has never been something to be in awe at. Every admin has taken part in trolling as has every GM...well maybe aside from Cranberry or Ives because they were usually getting trolled...sorry...

Thing is, most people liked what we had until Crono came along. Even then he did alright for a while. People make mistakes! Just, when yours crash the server for a year or involve "who sucks more dicks" Lee. It's hard to move past that. I know I'm not going to trash Arleh or Miu because they are pretty good people compared to...well, you or Lee.

Well point is fuck your post I guess.

(23454th edit) does izayaka allow foreigners or do they really just ban/block you?

Last edited:
the past sucks lets talk about the future

if schthack can get ep3 working properly i will turn my closet into a crono shrine
if sodaboy can add that fucking quest i kept crying about a couple of months ago i'll admire his beauty on steam
if conenubi goes 99:1 on his ba record i'll buy him an ice cream cone for his unfortunate loss (and if he alt bs i will petition his team icon be changed to a salt shaker)

Izayaka blocks US non-plus because Captain N ganked all their quests a while ago.

Everything else works though, they don't care about foreigners really.

Back