How does Talis works ?

archisint

Hello, i got that Talis weapon, from De Rol Le on Hard, and it doesn't seems to do anything special. Is there something i'm missing ?

It's a card weapon.

The way they work is that the first two attacks are just simple shots (much like a handgun), but the third attack is a triple spread shot. What's special about this is that it can be "shotgunned", meaning if you're close to an enemy, all three hits will hit the enemy.

Cards are very interesting. Most of them are really bad - Talis, Mahu, and the Section ID Cards fall in this category, and Dancing Hitogata is a without a doubt one of the worst items in the game. Syringe, Amore Rose, Kunai and Kan'ei Tsuho might have some use, but they are (very) niche at best.

This leaves us with Gal Wind, S-Ranks Cards and Guardianna, which all are useful in their own ways.

Gal Wind can be used to easily trigger Mag invincibility.

S-Rank Cards I don't really have much experience with but from what I've gathered, they are difficult to handle, but useful nonetheless.

Guardianna, however, is one of my favourite items in the game. It is extremely underused and not only has good base ATA, but also can do massive damage thanks to its Spirit special in combination with the triple hit at the end of the combo (which makes the last hit really devastating). Also, it can kill Dubswitches and hit enemies in the Air (like Dragon), making it a very handy tool for soloing and the like. Seriously, try it out if you get the chance!

I've tried a 50 hit Guardianna w/Smartlink and max ATA on a past server, was hitting for 700ish a hit.
Was also nowhere near Lv200 and max stats so I can't give a good estimate on how much damage they can actually do.
Downside is that huge Spirit drain, but that's why Adepts exist.

As for Mahu, I can only imagine the special being effective at around 80-100 hit.
Had a 30 hitter and it had to NHS, with the special sometimes missing against certain enemies.

But hey I'm no FO expert. FO experts will probably just say get S-Rank Cards. Idk.

Also, since everyone so far missed this: What's special about Talis is its special, it steals TP at Mind level, and Mahu steals TP at Geist level, though there are probably better weapons for this. I guess card-themed players could switch between Guardianna and Mahu? One for damaging, the other to regain TP? And they could be called... Gambit.

Last edited:
Back