How do /you/ control this game personally?

NightBlader

Guildcard
I'm curious how different players control this game. If anyone has different controller preferences or bindings.

I use a Dualshock 4 controller. (I don't have a PS4. I just simply fixed a controller that was bitten to hell by some guy's dog.)
I use DS4Windows for it to work on most games.

Menu Open/Decide = Share (Or Select/Back) [I never use this. I should change it or something.]
Prev Page/ Camera = L1
Next Page/ Action Palette Change = R1
Lobby Chair = L2 [Square + X {or X+A} button macro]
Quick Weapon Switch Menu = R2 [R1 + Triangle {or RB + Y} button macro]
Type "/lobby" = PS Button [I couldn't think of anything else for that button to do.]
Edit: I shortened the list to show the more unique parts of the setup.

I don't use 0-9 due to mostly using a Hunter.

So, what does everyone else do for controls?

Re: How do you control this game?

Xbone controller. I use it on every PC game I play. Used to use a 360 controller prior to that until the deadzones on the sticks got completely trashed from overuse.

Xbox One controller
Xpadder
Tofuman's PSOBB Palette Manager

Where the heck do you get Xbone wired controllers anymore? I haven't seen them even online.

Nowhere, because they suck and you should use a PS controller because they're the best.

(I use a PS3 controller for pretty much everygame that doesn't rely on MKB)

blue burst is best with keyboard because of the shortcut keys. older versions of the game a controller may be better.

Colette said:
Where the heck do you get Xbone wired controllers anymore? I haven't seen them even online.

You don't, you just stick a micro USB cable into it and the other end into the PC and away you go after the driver installs. Just don't bother getting the wireless receiver for it unless you're on Windows 10. It only works on that terrible OS so I'm stuck using a cable, but I got a nice 10 foot one so it's all good.

Also, that controller is literally impossible to open up and disassemble. You can try but you won't get very far so don't go spilling any liquids on it. If it didn't feel so damn nice to hold and use I would use my PS4 controller instead, but I just prefer the Xboner's button and stick placement. I'm just not a fan of the way they designed so you would have to buy a new one if it has a problem. I guess they didn't like how easy it was to open up and clean out or replace parts on a 360 controller if you ever needed to.

I'm really not a fan of any of Microsofts more than questionable methods lately but they got me cornered with their controllers. If I ever end up with a major problem with that controller I'll probably just got back to using a 360 one, but for now it was a pretty nice upgrade. The control stick was definitely a huge improvement over 360. Probably won't have to worry about bad dead zones anymore, or at least not for a long time.

360 pad w/ xpadder. Mapping stuff to controller buttons is just too awesome.

Xbox One controller, wireless adapter, chatpad. Bought everything on Black Friday. Chatpad works wonders for numbered hot keys. Plus I can plug in headphones directly into the controller for maximum comfy and without cords my son will try to eat.

Matt said:
Nowhere, because they suck and you should use a PS controller because they're the best.

(I use a PS3 controller for pretty much everygame that doesn't rely on MKB)

I've used ps3 controllers for this for a while, but I'm kinda sick of them. I've never liked PS's analog placement, even being used to it. :S

ZER0 DX said:
Colette said:

words.

Somehow I knew microshaft would do this, god I hate them. USB wires can be so unreliable but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Recently got this to play with. Best controller I've ever used in my 29 years. Highly recommend picking up one if you can find it. http://m.imgur.com/a/IotV2

Colette said:
Somehow I knew microshaft would do this, god I hate them. USB wires can be so unreliable but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Huh? How is this a bad thing? Ive been using my xbox one controller wired and wirelessly for 2 years with no issues. A dedicated wire would be worse, since you'd have to repair your controller yourself or buy a new controller if the wire starts to fail. With a separated USB cable you would just swap usb cables on the fly. You're being a little crazy with the Microsoft hate.

USB wires are so helpful. If my wires ever break, I just have to pay £2 to Amazon to get a replacement and my controller is as good as new.

I've only ever had to fully replace the controller like once in maybe 5 years? Not sure how long I've been using it, but it's been a long time.

conenubi701 said:
Recently got this to play with. Best controller I've ever used in my 29 years. Highly recommend picking up one if you can find it. http://m.imgur.com/a/IotV2

Colette said:

Huh? How is this a bad thing? Ive been using my xbox one controller wired and wirelessly for 2 years with no issues. A dedicated wire would be worse, since you'd have to repair your controller yourself or buy a new controller if the wire starts to fail. With a separated USB cable you would just swap usb cables on the fly. You're being a little crazy with the Microsoft hate.

Typical Xbot damage control response, you must be paid to damage control for them pshhh.... XD j/k. I personally just have bad luck with them since they're so cheaply produced, so that's why I'd prefer a higher quality cable directly attached to the controller itself. The other reason being, with what Matt said about not being able to replace parts with the Xbone controller, if the USB slot goes bad on the controller you're quote unquote "boned". That's $50+ for a controller right there because of a removable cable. If Microsoft's wireless adapters weren't so dang pricey usually, I'd just go wireless and do it that way or even use my bluetooth chip that I use with my PS3 controller if that's a option.

I'll probably look into getting one on amazon after I find another dang job, it does look solid. :d

To be fair, micro USB cables absorb most of the shock damage from the action of plugging and unplugging the cable into any medium that uses them. That's why the cables tend to need more frequent replacement, the pins that lock them in place are what usually go bad so it doesn't damage the actual port on the unit itself. The downside to that is you'll probably have to order a pack of cables to last you a reasonable amount of time. Luckily they are incredibly cheap, and I can guarantee you won't ever pay as much for constant cable replacement as you would for a whole new controller. That happened to be the biggest problem with the 360 controllers, once that wire went bad you were pretty much out of luck. I went through two of those due to that problem alone.

There's always pros and cons to every controller and I got the xbone controller long before news of there even being a wireless adapter. Yeah I don't like the fact I can't use one if I wanted to and the lack of user repair is incredibly annoying, but as long as I don't go throwing it into a bucket of syrup it's not the biggest deal in the world. The fact that the control sticks and buttons still feel brand new after over a year of heavy use in comparison to the incredible magic eroding 360 control stick already puts it leagues above it. A compromise sometimes has to fit in somewhere, and trust me I spent a good number of hours deciding on if I wanted a fourth 360 Controller or to try my hands on a Xbone controller.

Every controller just needs to be the gamecube controller, because godly durability. xD

Back