How do /you/ control this game personally?

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I just gave that a shot, and trying to assign menu navigation to the D-pad just makes my character walk around, and the right stick is totally screwy. The gamepad I have is super bootleg though
Oh, so it doesn't have one of those "Analog" buttons in the middle? Cuz it sounds like what your gamepad is doing is mimicing the same input for the stick as it does for the d-pad.

On a real PS3 controller those give off different inputs when analog mode is turned on.

Wait, does a PS3 controller still have that analog button? LOL. Maybe that was PS2 only. EITHER WAY... I know on a real PS3 controller, the input for the sticks and the digital d-pad are different. So if your controller is doing the same thing for pressing the stick up as d-pad up, it's definitely ghetto.

Wow, somehow I didn't even think to try that. Now I can use the D-pad for the menu, and I can actually play this game with the gamepad. I consider this my karma for stealing this controller in the first place and now I HAVEN'T LEARNED MY LESSON.

Thanks!

I've tried using an xbox one controller, but I feel like the sensitivity is too hard to controller, so I use a keyboard.

Steelseries stratus xl, pretty much a 360 with PS style layout of joysticks and Bluetooth.

I've tried using an xbox one controller, but I feel like the sensitivity is too hard to controller, so I use a keyboard.
Adjusting the deadzone will help you out.

After trying out the gamepad, I think I may actually stick with the keyboard. I've gotten used to swapping action palettes with right-Ctrl, which I think I've literally never used until now. The bigger reason though is that I can pivot in place with my keyboard, but I can't figure out how to do it with a joystick. If it quickly tap A or D, my character will turn on the spot without moving, making it a lot easier to line up ranged attacks. With the joystick though, I always start moving in the direction I push it rather than just turning first. It's giving me flashbacks to the Gamecube era where I'd have to run around in a circle to aim at a dude next to me.

I just put A and D on my gamepad with Xpadder. The pivot is extremely annoying when you actually want to just move left or right to dodge enemy attacks, for example, but the pivot is useful sometimes.

Sometimes I really wanna just be a lardass and play from my bed. So I try to use a 360 controller...but the menu selection moves really friggin slow when it comes to the D-Pad and right stick. Apparently this is not an issue for you guys...so...help? :D

I use xpadder to put up and down on my D-Pad to fix that.

Keyboard is better than controller in PSOBB sorry to say but its the truth. I did both for a while. using a controller is a novelty.

I have to admit in my case that a controller is far better than a keyboard any day of the week.

As my main character is a Force, using an Xbox one controller with Xpadder is fantastic. I have Shifta, Deband, Zalure and Jellen assigned to the right stick, along with all 10 shortcuts being assigned to 'trigger plus dpad' commands.

The x, y, b and a buttons cover all action palette items and the bumpers cover ctrl and camera pointing. I also use several shortcuts to get to menu items and even keyboard based macros.

In my case, I'd recommend this lot in a heartbeat!

I wanted a new headset adapter for my XBO controller since my 2+ year old adapter started to mess up. Decided to pick up the Xbox Chatpad even though i wasn't sure of how it would feel with the Elite's paddles at the rear of the controller. Turns out it's pretty damn great, all the games I've tried so far on PC recognize it as a keyboard, which means I can hotkey shit to certain keys. Works pretty great with PSO as well, since the 1-0 numbers are fully functional. And now with this small little app https://github.com/saqneo/Elite it gives me the 4 extra paddles to bind to pretty much whatever the hell I want. It was easy to get used to, doesn't make me change the way I hold the controller, and most importantly still as comfortable as a stock XBO Elite controller.

Pics in spoiler.
20160206_155248.jpg 20160206_155120.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know mapping software that works with the PS4 DS4 controller? Currently using DS4Windows.

Back