"High stress" gameplay and solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. I focus on myself and what I can do better.
You clearly havn't played RA that much. Because if you had you'd understand the comments people give you when you don't do anything at vol.

It's like "WTF... why aren't they locking.. this guy is a dick".

Well the same applies to FO's... if you don't play your role, you can expect the same kind of negativity.

Yeah. Ok.

So you'd never be annoyed if you were playing a HUcast and the RA in the party couldn't be bothered to lock vol opt, or sneedle the dorphons etc.

I'm sure you wouldn't care if you were playing FO and the RA/HU kept hiding behind you to use you as a shield.

The point is EVERY CLASS HAS A SPECIFIC ROLE.

FO = Healers.
HU = Attackers
RA = Utility.

FO's using resta on party members who need it is one of their primary roles.
Why not go the full TA route if you want optimized and cordinated play? Where's the line where HU isn't doing its job anymore? Is using DF "too much" past HU's role? You're using contradicting arguments. Either expect players to do their job and go the private party/ TA route or leave people play the way they want in public and focus on yourself. Use mates anyway and stop expecting people to play the way you want them to.

I've played plenty of pubs on my RAmr. I have never encountered anyone saying such things to me or commenting about my ra play at all.
Sure, because you probably play your RA role like you should be playing.

Try being the only RA in the party and doing nothing that is expected of RA's... Traps, froozer/sneedle etc.

You'll quickly find people being... less than positive about your playstyle (just as they should).

How is that any different to my previous comments about FO's playstyle?

I don't lock vol opt with needle. Am I playing RA wrong? Also earlier you claimed i simply *don't* play RA enough. Now it's that I'm playing RA too correctly to encounter what you're speaking of?

What happened to this thought that's supposed to be running in the back of my head that you were talking about?

Try being the only RA in the party and doing nothing that is expected of RA's... Traps, froozer/sneedle etc.

You'll quickly find people being... less than positive about your playstyle (just as they should).

How is that any different to my previous comments about FO's playstyle?

I think what Figure4 is trying to convey is that healing is, or at least used to be, a primary FO objective. We have ONE weapon that is making that far less viable because of overuse.

And idk @Ryan ; I'd put it at way more than 20%. I feel like MOST games I join lately have DF users and little to no Resta. Well over half.

It's a non-sequitur. You're saying "someone complained about my gameplay once, therefor forces are lazy if they don't resta"
Nice.

But what I'm really saying is, FO's are lazy if they don't heal people who don't have resta. At least in situations where it wouldn't have any impact on anybody elses playstyle (DF).

Hopefully that clears up my point.

"ZOMG YOU HAVE MATES SO STFU AND HEAL URSELF."

Ok, if that's what you think then... lol?

ZOMG YOU HAVE MATES SO STFU AND HEAL URSELF.

The point is everyone in the game has access to instant healing and there's almost always something better the FO can be doing. If it works out so they can resta you then that's great but healing is a far cry from FO's primary role

FO's are lazy if they don't heal people who don't have resta. At least in situations where it wouldn't have any impact on anybody elses playstyle (DF).

I'll disagree here as well. A FO not healing isn't always an indicator of being lazy if they have other goals in mind. A FO can be quite effective with their own tools. For instance I would pass up casting Resta if it meant I could get more gifoie stacks up for incoming spawns, or if I could arrest an important target (girtablublu for instance) and demons it down + clean up. Or in general just using any instance of demons or hell that would help deal with a spawn a lot more effectively than casting resta and hoping someone else will deal with the spawn.

Nice.

But what I'm really saying is, FO's are lazy if they don't heal people who don't have resta. At least in situations where it wouldn't have any impact on anybody elses playstyle (DF).

Hopefully that clears up my point.

"ZOMG YOU HAVE MATES SO STFU AND HEAL URSELF."

My technique, my choice. I'm not healing you. :wacko:

The point is everyone in the game has access to instant healing and there's almost always something better the FO can be doing. If it works out so they can resta you then that's great but healing is a far cry from FO's primary role
Ever tried to WOL 3 on a cast with no resta.

Thanks FO.

Thanks.

#nolazy

I'm just iterating at this point, but I'm just gonna say, as someone that mainly plays Force, that their main role is to support. That may or may not require healing. A good Force knows when a heal is actually needed, because there are many other things that can be done to support. Other classes doing their jobs well enables the Force to do their job well, because usually nobody is taking any damage then. If the Force has to Resta often, they can't do other things, and it might be that the other classes aren't pulling their weight.

Well, I'm sure you get my point.
If you mean any area with heat rooms, yes I have played in those areas without Resta many times. It's all about mate management, which can be difficult to learn there. If it gets bad, you can always ask for Resta as you really will never be using DF in a heat room anyways.

In many cases forces simply didn't know when is best to heal or not. Communication solves this problem quite easily. I'll ask for Resta from a FO in heat rooms from time to time. But in some cases they'll need to be casting Gifoie, so I still look out for myself in these situations and practice proper mate management.

If you mean any area with heat rooms, yes I have played in those areas without Resta many times.
I'm not saying they're not possible. (I mean... obviously that's not what I'm saying).

But I'm saying it does help A LOT if the FO uses resta. - Ergo FO's who fail to help = lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back