Help with setting up server with modified game rules

Arcvox

Hey guys,

So I've set up a server for PSOBB for me and my friends to play over LAN, but I'm going through the process of modifying the games drop rates, rare encounters etc. I've virtually set up everything the way I wanted to, other than remove the equipment restrictions between classes, so RA can use HU and FO weapons/armors, but respective classes will still benefit due to higher relevant stats.

I'm at a bit of a dead end, since I've found nothing online anywhere that allows for this, other than CE editing utilizing the 'God of Equip' code, which does what I want essentially minus removing the level restrictions on equips. Problem with this is I can't get the code to work at all, and I believe it's client sided meaning all of my friends would have to run CE as well. Can anyone help me?

There is a file named ItemPMT.prs that resides with the login server. You can use Soly's PMT editor located here https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/solys-stash.1001/ to edit the file, though I think it needs to be uncompressed first (not sure with his editor as I usually use Tofuman's)

Thanks for the quick reply man! I'm currently going down this route, I was using the PMT editor by Lee of Schthack and basically edited all of the 'class' values to 255- based off the data of the saber, since all classes can use them. I recompiled, but also generated a weapons, armor and shield pmt.ini just in case I'd need those too.

Unfortunately, it didn't work! I'll try using the tools you've suggested! Thanks again :)

Attachments

• pmt.jpg
    pmt.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 53
There is a file named ItemPMT.prs that resides with the login server. You can use Soly's PMT editor located here https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/solys-stash.1001/ to edit the file, though I think it needs to be uncompressed first (not sure with his editor as I usually use Tofuman's)
Mine handles both :)

Thanks for the quick reply man! I'm currently going down this route, I was using the PMT editor by Lee of Schthack and basically edited all of the 'class' values to 255- based off the data of the saber, since all classes can use them. I recompiled, but also generated a weapons, armor and shield pmt.ini just in case I'd need those too.

Unfortunately, it didn't work! I'll try using the tools you've suggested! Thanks again :)
If you were getting god mode errors then your INI files were wrong, if you couldn't even equip the items then you didn't modify or save the ItemPMT properly.

I'm such an idiot :) turns out I did it perfectly, I was just replacing the ini's inside the PSOBB folder I was installing from rather than the one I was running the server from. It seems to be working great now! Thank you both! :D

Back