Hello. I used to play on GameCube with my friends.

Char-E

The jobless android
Guildcard
Hello,
PSO was a big part of my childhood back when GameCube was still the latest Nintendo home console. My friends and I played split screen a lot--none of us had ever had the chance to try the game online. I think I'm the only one that bothered to check online for ways to play on PC years later. I found Schthack and played there for a little while, until I got busy and dropped it for a couple years. Now I find myself here, and I have to say so far I like what I see. You seem like a friendly bunch, and it's nice to be around a lot of people who haven't given up on this game, like me.

Fun fact: Even though I'm a long time player, I never got past level 50. I've always wanted to get farther in the game. Maybe this is my chance.

PSOGC offline with family and friends splitscreen was 'ok'... to be honest, you weren't missing out on a LOT ONLINE... FSODs...Memory corruption codes used by Proxy asshats.... But, then again, you just cant replace that warm fuzzy feel of actually having someone reply to you NOT named Kireek or some other NPC you know? WELCOME HOME! Hope to pounce and play wiff u soon! =3

Last edited:
PSOGC offline with family and friends splitscreen was 'ok'... to be honest, you were missing out on a LOT ONLINE... FSODs...Memory corruption codes used by Proxy asshats.... But, then again, you just cant replace that warm fuzzy feel of actually having someone reply to you NOT named Kireek or some other NPC you know? WELCOME HOME! Hope to pounce and play wiff u soon! =3
It was a subscription service back then, right? We didn't have the combination of time and money necessary to even consider it. I always knew important aspects of the game were missing, but we had our own fun, and that's all that counts :)

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I won't be in game much until May. I have finals to study for. (But then graduation, whoo-hoo~!)

this sounds almost word for word like my introduction to PSO

welcome to Ephinea!

Always good to see more people.

I've played since Dreamcast on every platform but X-box and never went beyond I want to say 168 (Gamecube) getting to 200 takes a lot of time for sure. Well, most things in this game take a lot of time. The exp and boost events are great because of this.

PSOGC offline with family and friends splitscreen was 'ok'... to be honest, you were missing out on a LOT ONLINE... FSODs...Memory corruption codes used by Proxy asshats....
Truth be told, Gamecube wasn't that bad aside from the occasional lobby freeze. It was Dreamcast that was unbearable.

TYPO! "WEREN'T missing out on a lot!" lol sorry! and yes, there was a time we needed to purchase 'hunters license" or some crap...it was prolly SEGAs way of maint costs lol. =P

TYPO! "WEREN'T missing out on a lot!" lol sorry! and yes, there was a time we needed to purchase 'hunters license" or some crap...it was prolly SEGAs way of maint costs lol. =P
Yeah that was during the time most MMORPGs were subscription based and the free to play model was still kind of new.

Back