Hardcore mode is now LIVE!

Dumdedoo said:
Sooooooo what happens if I create a hardcore character an do a run with some random non hardcores. Face Olga Flowen, He goes Orange on me and the randoms will do what any randoms do. and slash him ignoring that only 1 attribute actually hurts him and all the rest hurts me the hardcore player. I of course can't out resta the dmg they are inflicting. And die to get deleted.
I think you answered your own question!

I was just thinking that earlier. How about...if you make it to 200 you aren't deleted for dying?

I don't think there is a need for a reward. And Hardcore is hardcore. You die, even at level 200, you're dead.

Sodaboy said:
I don't think there is a need for a reward. And Hardcore is hardcore. You die, even at level 200, you're dead.
You think you'll ever make scape dolls stackable?

cojp said:
Sodaboy said:
You think you'll ever make scape dolls stackable?
Thank you for the laugh of the day.

Made a character on Hardcore mode, played to the dragon, died and dc'd, character select screen doesn't show the character I just made. Any help with this?

Edit: Lmao

did you even read the thread? :|

Sodaboy said:
CTB said:
Does that mean Shambertin is offlimits for hardcore accounts?

Interesting idea, dunno if I'll try it now but I will eventually.
You bring up a good point. I will code an exception for POD to allow parties that exist completely of Hardcore characters to play it, provided they meet a certain level requirement on each difficulty.
In addition to this, what about quests such as The Robots' Reckoning and also the Dressing Room?

Matt said:
In addition to this, what about quests such as The Robots' Reckoning and also the Dressing Room?
I don't know!! ASKING TOO MUCH.

TRR has a hard coded check in the quest file itself to make sure you're on a team of 2 or more (actual team), I'd have to edit the quest (which I have very little skill at) to take that out.. (send an alternate one for HC people) or maybe ask Tofu to do it.

About Dressing Room?? NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!

Maybe what I should do is make some sort of invisible team that all HC players are automatically registered to but doesn't appear in the team ranking and they can't really interact with it. It just gives them some privileges.

Ragol Ring will probably kill your character permanently, I didn't try it out. I'll have to patch that in.

Not sure about Mag Reverser.

I don't think HC players should be allowed to play with normal players because people can use their main accounts to power level their HC accounts which is kinda lame and takes the experience away from being hardcore. Maybe they can play with normal accounts when they hit level 140+ or something as a requirement.

natu said:
I don't think HC players should be allowed to play with normal players because people can use their main accounts to power level their HC accounts which is kinda lame and takes the experience away from being hardcore. Maybe they can play with normal accounts when they hit level 140+ or something as a requirement.
That's something I can adjust, I didn't really think of it like that. I mean, you still have to be in the middle of the battle to level up with an HC character (have to tag the monsters), but I'll consider it. Won't make any change like that just yet.

Yeah I mean you can technically spam dragon all the way up until ultimate and be able to tag the boss. If your main account is strong enough the dragon will not even fly in the air for it to even kill you lol.

Yeah, but at the same time, in the future, the same could be possible with a Hardcore player that is sufficiently leveled up, helping another Hardcore player get power leveled too. Just, right now, it'd only be happening because there are more leveled up Normal mode players.

Personally I think it's a non-issue. The real magic starts in Ultimate so if people are adamant to skip N-VH, I'd just let them do it.

I guess so, it gives you a chance to get your hardcore account caught up if you've already spent a lot of time on your main account.

Back