Halloween Event

I'll increase it tomorrow to 50%.

j/p, maybe back to 2.5% or maybe even 3.5% for the last week.

Good idea. Maybe I will make it randomly show up at the counter instead for the last week and stay there until you play it or disconnect, that way you can form a group to tackle it together. This is a "maybe". MAYBE.

You could also increase the activation rate and also increase the cooldown time between activation attempts, from 5 minutes to 30 or so...

Well, today we played your strange game and spammed 2-minute TTFs until we finally got the Ep. IV quest. I hope you're happy! :shock:

I liked the color filter.

Apologies for the event being so crappy. I didn't have much time to work on it as I've been working on other server stuff and pretty much I was the only one working on the event. As said in another topic, I have a full time job as well, in addition to working on the server stuff. =P

I have more time before Christmas so, have more ability to plan out something better... If it's just me, again, so be it, but that's why I also made the topic for event planners to join up.

who says the event sucks? I'm always hyped for the chance to get spooked when I play a quest :D

Ryan said:
who says the event sucks? I'm always hyped for the chance to get spooked when I play a quest :D
Since you asked... most people.

It's not that the idea sucks or anything, it's because it doesn't really feel like an event as it's not something you just play and you're at the mercy of RNG (plus it interrupts what you're actually wanting to do -- not everyone is cool with this). The quests themselves are also not that exciting, considering they're just EN/PW with rate boosts for the most part.

However, as Soda said there wasn't really much time to put this one together, so next year's Halloween event is going to be much nicer. The Halo:ten idea is going to stay, but it's not planning to be the only thing and there will be adjustments to the quests themselves so they're definitely something people want to play.

It's leader cool down only.

Also, I'm changing the quest to be PSU style rare. I'll post more info in the change log topic.

As I insinuated above, I don't like that it's set up so that your best chance at getting the special quests at all is to restart quests every 2 minute (5 minutes before). (admittedly, I did find a Frozen Shooter by spamming TTF this way with my teammates, but... if I'd really wanted one of those, I'd do FoS!).

If the quest pops, you can leave/remake games as much as you want, even switch episodes, and it'll still be there.

If you disconnect from the ship, you lose it. So, if you're prone to DC because you ALT+TAB in Fullscreen, you may want to switch to windowed mode or borderless full screen.

falkenjeff said:
Ah ok. So disconnecting when it DOES NOT pop up does absolutely nothing, and I can connect to the ship and start rolling for it again right away.
No, it still remembers your guild card, so you'd still be on the cool down whether it's the cool down for failing the roll or the cool down for running the quest already.

The event was interesting, but it would have been nice it were accompanied by 1.5 exp in regular games or something like that... I only ended up playing the Halloween quest like 5-6 times, thus I got no significant drops/exp from the event (which is kinda the point of an event).

Oh, and the troll-y random status changes sucked balls.

Paradroid said:
Oh, and the troll-y random status changes sucked balls.

the jellen made those quests so cancer to play
i dont have any chars with anti 7 and run out of 10 sols pretty quick if unlucky with jellens

i actually liked it when the hp/tp decreased rapidly but i can see that being anus as a cast with no healer

Back