Group EXP Share (Resolved)

Guildcard
I searched the forums before posting this and the most recent post is 3 years old, and I can't quite understand it fully also, so apologies if this has already been addressed. I just started playing a couple days ago with my partner, and he always sets it to equally share EXP between us. He says I shouldn't have to tag monsters to get the EXP, but that's what's been happening so far. I don't get any EXP if he kills something before I hit it at all. He says it's not an extra plugin or tool I need to install either. Is this normal or a bug? If it's a bug, is there any known fix? Thank you!

I searched the forums before posting this and the most recent post is 3 years old, and I can't quite understand it fully also, so apologies if this has already been addressed. I just started playing a couple days ago with my partner, and he always sets it to equally share EXP between us. He says I shouldn't have to tag monsters to get the EXP, but that's what's been happening so far. I don't get any EXP if he kills something before I hit it at all. He says it's not an extra plugin or tool I need to install either. Is this normal or a bug? If it's a bug, is there any known fix? Thank you!
EXP Share aaaand PSO2 Drop system are Default settings when creating a room. Whenever in doubt, Simply type /partyinfo and it will tell you the room specs~! OH! And if you're ever curious of your EXP going up...While stuff is happening...go into your character menu (F12 or pressing thumbstick on xbox pad) and you should see your total exp creeping up as stuff dies on the map! AND before mew forgets....we STILL NEED to tag Bosses for EXP! Nya~!

The EXP Share function has a radius. It's large, sure, but if you're, say, all the way across Cave 1 from your partner, you won't get EXP if he kills something.

Also, like Mew said, you do still have to manually tag bosses... and also like Mew said, check your EXP in the main menu. With EXP Share, even though you are gaining EXP, the EXP+4 text won't appear when a nearby enemy is killed if you haven't tagged it. You can still see yourself gaining EXP with the main menu up, though!

EXP Share aaaand PSO2 Drop system is Default setting whenever creating a room. Whenever in doubt, Simply type /partyinfo and it will tell you the room specs~! OH! And if you're ever curious of your EXP going up...While stuff is happening...go into your character menu (F12 or pressing thumbstick on xbox pad) and you should see your total exp creeping up as stuff dies on the map! AND before mew forgets....we STILL NEED to tag Bosses for EXP! Nya~!
Thank you so much!

The EXP Share function has a radius. It's large, sure, but if you're, say, all the way across Cave 1 from your partner, you won't get EXP if he kills something.

Also, like Mew said, you do still have to manually tag bosses... and also like Mew said, check your EXP in the main menu. With EXP Share, even though you are gaining EXP, the EXP+4 text won't appear when a nearby enemy is killed if you haven't tagged it. You can still see yourself gaining EXP with the main menu up, though!
Thank you! Yeah I was relying on the EXP+ text to appear instead of looking at my menu before. It's working perfectly fine.

Back