• Yes

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the change (/modname) had side effects of changing the IDs as well?

I'm partially opposed to this since I expect a ton of people will regularly change their names to something "goofy", as well as making it hard to recognize people. Otherwise I have no problem whatsoever.

I'm partially opposed to this since I expect a ton of people will regularly change their names to something "goofy", as well as making it hard to recognize people.
Honestly I'm not so sure about this, all other PSO servers have full dressing room (and thus the ability to change name), but this doesn't happen at all.

I mean, there's a few who will change names and appearances, but it's not extremely often for most people.

Honestly I'm not so sure about this, all other PSO servers have full dressing room (and thus the ability to change name), but this doesn't happen at all.

I mean, there's a few who will change names and appearances, but it's not extremely often for most people.
I guess the community for PSO may be different. It was a problem in another game I played before.

Just making sure, full dressing room or name changing wouldn't change section ID?

Edit: I thought @Matt was being ironic when stating there won't be combo unlock, and no ID change as in dropchart change and the like so I was asking. I recall it being the reason why this feature wasn't available in the first place. Sorry if this is exactly the question that you're asking us not to ask.

Last edited:
I don't see the name change being an issue at all because /modsecid has made it so the people here can choose the names they want and still get their desired section ID. All for a full dressing room. I like that this server is very "vanilla" PSO, but it's an old game and unlocking the full dressing room was an improvement on it. It's a minor change that provides a whole new level of interest to a lot of people.

Like most people I voted yes. Full dressing room would be pretty cool. Not crazy about name changes but it's not a huge deal to me. I kind of like the idea that was mentioned about having a name change item or some kind of limit on the usage. Like 3 or 5 name changes per character maybe.
I like the change but I can see unlimited name changes being a negative thing in some ways. Either way I voted yes because change for the most part brings improvement and might better the PSO community, as well I would like to change some of my characters names to match or have a theme about them.

I thought the change (/modname) had side effects of changing the IDs as well?

It doesn't if you have used /modsecid already.

/modname - Lets you change your character name one time, but will also calculate your section ID again unless you've previously used /modsecid (Names are limited to 10 characters or less. Must be under level 20 to use.)

/modsecid - Sets a section ID of your choice onto your character and locks it permanently. Even if you use /modname AFTER using this command, your section ID will not change. (Section ID controls the drops you get from boxes, monsters and even the stuff you see in the shop. Must be under level 20 to use.)

Is there a blacklist for names, like racist/sexist/mathyo/bigoted/drerogratrory terms?

Not really, but obviously you shouldn't have offensive names. If a named is deemed offensive, a GM would warn you to change it, and carrying on using it would result in action taken against your account.

All names are logged everytime you log on, so you can't just switch whenever someone reports you, we can verify you were using offensive names.

Not really, but obviously you shouldn't have offensive names. If a named is deemed offensive, a GM would warn you to change it, and carrying on using it would result in action taken against your account.

All names are logged everytime you log on, so you can't just switch whenever someone reports you, we can verify you were using offensive names.
Well that's good to know! I can't wait for the change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back