Frame Perfect alt-backspace For Hardcore Players

If you all do disable alt+backspace, please find a way to at least keep it enabled when you're in town or the lobby. Any place that combat is completely disabled, basically.

disable hc mode, easiest solution imo. interesting idea but almost everyone playing it is a ninny and scums it. i remember when soda did ingame vc (miss it dearly) and people whined about that too. soda has so many great ideas that dipshits fuck up. pso roguelike is a good concept though. too bad more time has to put in to properly enforce the spirit of the format. while we're at it can we disable scapes from hc? that's in the spirit of the format tbh.

Last edited:
If Pso would be without bugs, glitches and co, you could have a fair hardcore mode without scapes^^

disable hc mode, easiest solution imo. interesting idea but almost everyone playing it is a ninny and scums it. i remember when soda did ingame vc (miss it dearly) and people whined about that too. soda has so many great ideas that dipshits fuck up. pso roguelike is a good concept though. too bad more time has to put in to properly enforce the spirit of the format. while we're at it can we disable scapes from hc? that's in the spirit of the format tbh.

come play HC mode! it sounds like you’d be good at it ;)

This will probably work until we patch out ALT+Backspace while in-game for HC users. 8)
Sodaboy over here slaying it! This is the funniest thing to me.

ECn2tGj.png

Disabling hc mode isnt an option lol. Many people only play because of hc mode and it attracts new players as well.

Scapes are pretty rare and only occur from drops thus benefitting the economy within hc as well as. Removing them doesnt work either when you have megids and set hp damage attacks. Literally everyone would die or be forced to dc lol.

Just see my previous post about different ways to handle it, the best being simply having the scaoe consumed as close tobdeath as possible but due to the nature of the item it might not be feasible.

hc mode is at best the spirit of contradictionism.

"I enjoy HC mode, because it punishes bad play."

Plays bad -> pulls the cable (figurativley). guess it actually only punishes your teammates, who now have to restart or keep going with one player less.

Edit:
It would be good if along with the Alt-BS changes, for Scapes to be consumed immediately on death, because there's still some other workarounds if you're fast enough after dying, but nobody has the reflexes to crash a client or /lobby (which takes time) while a megid is flying at their face.

But just disabling alt-bs would be more than enough.

ctrl+alt+del mapped on gamepad or on a key crashes instantly your client.

Last edited:

Plays bad -> pulls the cable (figurativley). guess it actually only punishes your teammates, who now have to restart or keep going with one player less.

Edit:

i play HC for the 2x EXP. red name is kinda fun too. the "i play HC because it makes me feel like i'm better than everyone else" argument is pretty trash tbh.

I'm pretty sure that's why everyone plays HC, for the double EXP and not really for the permadeath.

If you disable hc mode I will leave.

I do not know what sort of controlling person wants to take away a gaming option away from others.

Edit:

There are some situations where you are trapped and need to leave right away. Should the person just let his character die off?

Without the threat of death pso is just a boring grind luck game waiting for drops.

Back