for the veterans and everyone else

Ifrit

Just curious where do you find fun in pso, more when you reach the point of getting everything you think you want / need.

This is somewhat inspired by my own journey through pso and also @Retty (congrats by the way, I wanted it too ;) who stated he hunted his last hunt.

what do you all do when you finish your last hunt ?

As i've seen some others do, i like to create characters from other universe on the game. Right now i'm having fun leveling up Roland Deschain, then maybe i'll create Kvothe or some robot from an Asimov book so i finally dare myself to play HUcast.

About the last hunt question i see myself quite far from that point. For now i'm focusing on getting strong gear for my second character, who i'll use to hunt my first uber, as my HUne is busy hunting that dreamy 50H Flowens :p

Last edited:
The more I experiment with the game, the more things I want to get. Usually my wishlist is increasing and not decreasing.

As i've seen some others do, i like to create characters from other universe on the game. Right now i'm having fun leveling up Roland Deschain, then maybe i'll create Kvothe or some robot from an Asimov book so i finally dare myself to play HUcast.

About the last hunt question i see myself quite far from that point. For now i'm focusing on getting strong gear for my second character, who i'll use to hunt my first uber, as my HUne is busy hunting that dreamy 50H Flowens :p

RIP @falkenjeff

The more I play, the less I want to play.
I really just want people to get along, and have a fun time playing dank vidya.
; ___________;

I do both.

\o/

GefWFep.gif

The "techskill" that can be found in this game using a controller. Glitching attacks is my favourite mechanic in the game - it's kinda like Wavedashing in Melee in a way. It makes the game more fast-paced and fun to me. SN-ing a Gee with Hell Cards is just so damn satisfying.

W.....Wait....Chain-san is Nat Nat??? HOLY CRAP! No Wonder mew liked you right away while playing! <3! Sorry, lol!

For me it's about the chill factor of this game. It is a nice way to unwind and just play for a while.

I think playing with freinds is one of the fun things for me on PSO. Nothing beats the feeling you have when you meet an old buddy and reconnect (better than elusive rares).

Personally I'm not a vet nor even claim to be one, but playing this game for a bit I think some people take the game too seriously, that could be due to my laid back personality. I just play how I want and with what I want.

Other than that fun is really subjective.

Just curious where do you find fun in pso, more when you reach the point of getting everything you think you want / need.

This is somewhat inspired by my own journey through pso and also @Retty (congrats by the way, I wanted it too ;) who stated he hunted his last hunt.

what do you all do when you finish your last hunt ?
Even if mew was 200 and had EVERY Desired and Lusted after weapon of all releases.....You'd STILL find her shepherding and attending level 1's through their first TTFs or ep4 footfalls with the same passion and love as she had over 16 years ago! "Fun is relative" as a loved one previously stated. Mew's "fun" isn't in the Red Shinies...it's watching new faces get the same twinkle in their eyes we had ages ago about our little lost gem of a game we simply know as "PSO". But yeah, take away mews Ears and Tail and she'd be pretty damned miserable....but that Wouldnt stop her from finding "Fun" in halping others! <3 Nya!!!

lots of people play mmorpgs thinking acquiring everything in the game will make you happy. well if you arent happy while playing at level one youre not gonna be happy at the end. ive done that many times like 5+ years ago. usually id give away everything or flip out mentally lol. i only play psobb on the rare occasion for nostalgia in sandbox mode... or even rarer i play a level 5 character lol. i currently have pso2 installed but i have to force myself to play it which is also very rare... i pkay other games more than rpgs... usually old rts games.

i also dont hunt for stuff. the rares are too rare. i cheat or hustle items in trade rooms. used to anyway... i dont value the game enough to play really these days. i think all these third party servers kinda ruined the value in playing psobb after schthack.

Playing in hardcore mode is, for me, the definition of fun. It's less frustrating than playing in normal mode because of the native exp boost so you don't get stuck in VH for hours doing TTFs to reach Ult. The challenge and the thrill of the possible permadeath makes it even more enjoyable.

Getting more and more Ubers is nice but i can do without. The Hardcore team uif full of nice guys with who i can easily play and that's what mainly matter to me. Uber stuff is only bonus.

I'ml just glad that the time when TTFs and RTs were the only games that people made like it was on shithack. At least, Ephinea offers more variety

Level new characters and challenge mode.

of course PSO will run it's course and you will be burned out eventually. Just take a break, it'll be here. Unlike EP3 anyway

i think all these third party servers kinda ruined the value in playing psobb after schthack.
No, Schthack imploding and having ass-level management ruined Schthack. source: i was thinking that even before i went off the deep end

I just like to run thru the ruins once in a while and see what all drops for me. Got my red ring that way so I'm happy.

The way the Hit % system works on this game means that, unless you find a 1 in several million drop, you can always find better versions of your weapons. That's what keeps me coming back.

Once you do find the desirable amount of Hit %, you now have the motivation to generate hundreds of PDs to fully upgrade the item via sphereing (assuming the item has a base ATP that warrants it). That means a lot more playtime!

If you played only Forces, I could see this game ending rather quickly, since casting gear is not affected by %s at all, and the only Hit gear needed is relatively obtainable (Bringers and SoF) and doesn't need Enemy %s. (By "rather quickly," it could still take well over 1,500 hours to "finish" a FO because of how rare / expensive Psycho Wand is.)

For non-Forces, the sky is the limit. You could play this game for 25,000 hours and still not have "perfect" gear.

The thrill of the hunt, crushing things with my characters that were very carefully built, and playing with good friends is what keeps me coming back.

Back