Falz not giving XP?

Ryan

✨ Lucky Lucky
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
I just fought Dark Falz on VH, and I was around 3k from leveling up. Definitely didn't level... I remember something like this happening on another server on Ultimate mode, too. Could it be related?

Do me a favour, relog and see if your XP is still the same, or you gained the XP, just wondering if its De-sync clientside or if its the server not paying out.

Were you in a quest? And if so, was it TTF? Just curious.

Yeah, I was in TTF. Gnome, I'll try that shortly!

edit: Nope, still don't have the XP...

I'm not sure why but there seems to have some problem with TTF, I need to investigate it further. Another person reported it to me that TTF sometimes doesn't give exp for bosses but will give exp for monsters. I couldn't reproduce it but you're the second person who's told me this. I think there is something in the quest file that maybe changes monsters around or monster IDs some how and the server doesn't know which monster you killed anymore. I'll have to investigate the why and how and what conditions this is caused in.

I think it might be Falz only, as I said, I've seen this happen on other servers too and only with Falz. I've definitely leveled up at least once from each of the other bosses in TTF at some point or another.

OK, I didn't play all the way to Falz when experimenting, I only killed the Dragon and De Rol when the report that bosses didn't give exp in TTF. I'll have to look into Falz.

Thanks for the report.

On TTF, Dark Falz appear with all these ids in the client

4461 (Value Sent to Server)
4973 (First Form)
4972 (Second Form)
4971 (Third Form)

Now Sega decided to put the first value for Falz so the server doesn't receive different values based on difficulty (Spoiler: Normal mode has only two forms).

Packet sent upon kill
14 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 C8 03 6D 11 6D 01 00 00 01 00 00 00

And no, ids never change and are never shuffled, so they should always stay the same within the same quest. The reason it changes every normal playthrough is due to the map variations which doesn't apply to quests since they always use the same.

Well, I know how ids and quests work, and I know they USUALLY don't change, with the exception of Episode 1 with random waves, but still thinking something must be going on... So, I will still take a look at it.

Well idk about Falz, always got xp from that monster.

On another note, red slime entry in battleparam is 0x2F in the old source and it should be 0x34.
You could change that while looking at xp stuff.

Random bump.

Just played MA4C E1 and killed Falz at the end of it, but he only gave 20 EXP on normal instead of his proper amount.
If this is the same bug as I witnessed on another server, Falz is being treated as a Dark Gunner for some reason lol (which gives 20 EXP in normal, actually).

I think I know what may be wrong with Falz. Let me look into it.

Well, it's not what I thought! So, n/m. I was able to get experience from Falz just fine in normal runs and the government quest. So now will look at TTF and MA4C exclusively when I get home.

Mylandra said:
Was it really 20xp for the boss kill or did you kill 4 darvants each giving 5xp?
Definitely 20 EXP for the boss kill, I looked at my EXP during Phase 2 (15110) and ended up with 15130 after killing Falz.

So, I solo'd TTF on hard and very hard, using the minimum monster route, and I got exp both times.

Were you in a group when you didn't get the exp? I'm just trying to get all the conditions the same to reproduce the problem.

So far, Falz has given me exp in a normal mode game, the normal mode final government quest, TTF hard, and TTF very hard, but I was solo all of those times.

Yeah, I've been in a group every time he hasn't given me XP. Like I said, though, I'm 100% sure that I tagged him and I wasn't dead when he was killed.

Even if that was the case, it shouldn't happen just in these two quests. So, still investigating.

Back