Evolution of system mags (Genesis, Sega Saturn, Dreamcast)

Mad

Guildcard
According to the PSO World guide Episode 1 & 2 Mag Cell Combinations, you can evolve every System mag directly from a Mark 3 mag:
  • Master System: obviously
  • Genesis: "Kit of Genesis, (Mark 3 OR Master System)"
  • Sega Saturn: "Kit of Sega Saturn, (Mark 3 OR Master System OR Genesis)"
  • Dreamcast: "Kit of Dreamcast, (Mark 3 OR Master System OR Genesis OR Sega Saturn)"
But according to these two forum posts, you have to follow the path:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?71726-Mag-Dreamcast-Mag-help&p=887924&viewfull=1#post887924 said:
WHOA!!!! I was way off. Guess I should have tested it before I made my statement Anyway, you DO have to go in a path. You have to create a Mark 3 first, then a Master System, then a Genesis, then a Saturn and finally a Dreamcast. So you will need 5 mag cells to do it.
1 Kit of Mark 3
1 Kit of Master System
1 Kit of Genesis
1 kit of Saturn
1 kit of Dreamcast.

Sorry for the confusion, but I could have sworn you didn't need to go up a step each time on GC. I stand corrected

Anyway, the guide should probably be changed to avoid any further confusion as it states the incorrect mags needed for each step. For example, for the Dreamcast mag it says:

Kit of Dreamcast, (Mark 3 OR Master System OR Genesis OR Sega Saturn),Lv 101 MAG, Character Lv 100+ MAG Lv req fluctuates depending on character Lv.........which is incorrect apparently.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?166063-Dreamcast-mag-cell-help-o&p=3512811&viewfull=1#post3512811 said:
You need to have ALL the System Mag cells to be able to create a Dreamcast Mag.

Use the Mark 3 cell on a lev 5-9 Mag,
Use Master System cell on the lev. 101 Mark 3,
Use Genesis cell on the Master System mag,
Use Sega Saturn cell on the Genesis Mag,
then finally you can use the DC cell.

Which one is true? And does this work differently in Episode 1 & 2 than in Blue Burst?

Also, are the mag level requirements minimum levels, or does the mag need to have exactly this level for the cell to work? In other words, could you make a Mark 3, wait till it's level 200, and then use the other cell(s)? The linked guide lists the player level with a "+" (e.g., "Character Lv 80+"), but the mag level without (e.g., "Lv 70 MAG").

You have to follow the path, unless they hardcoded random evolutions.
These are from the combinations data in the server
They are the only ones there.

3SCr5Fs.jpg

No, that's the point, it's a mag created at level 5 for fast levelling and free spread of stats, it not having a PB is how it is balanced.

No, that's the point, it's a mag created at level 5 for fast levelling and free spread of stats, it not having a PB is how it is balanced.
Gahh wish I knew that before, I just thought it was how it used to be on gc

Gahh wish I knew that before, I just thought it was how it used to be on gc
did i read this right, dreamcast doesnt build pb? whats the point of having a 70% trigger rate?

Back