Episode 4 Drop Table Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
The Episode 4 Drop Tables have been updated with a more balanced table in Ultimate. You can check the drop table here: https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/drop-charts/ultimate/#mobepisode4

For the next 2 weeks, there will be infinite SID changes for you to decide what ID you want to stick with, but after those 2 weeks, you will only be able to change your SID once more (and it'll be permanent). To change your ID, type /modsecid ID (example: /modsecid VIRIDIA)

Here's a quick run-down of the table changes:
  • Rappy drops have been moved elsewhere to discourage raf'n rappies.
  • Bosses have less focus over the high-ticket items to encourage more variety.
  • IDs have been rebalanced so Yellowboze is not literally the best.
  • Certain items have had their prevalence cut. Due to circumstance, many items are harder (but many are also easier).
  • Rambling May and Girasole are now legitimate drops.
Because of these changes, all custom quests in Episode 4 have been temporarily removed for balance adjustments, since otherwise they would be the only quests played most likely (which is what we were trying to move away from with these tables). They will return eventually.

Other minor changes:
  • Yunchang in VH has been nerfed from 1/29 to 1/200
  • Ignition Cloak in VH is much harder to obtain
  • Yellowboze Kondrieu in VH has been changed from Phoenix Claw to Dragon Scale
As a final note, these tables are not perfect and may be adjusted slightly in the future, but we hope that these tables make Episode 4 more enjoyable to play overall and encourage a more healthier economy. (Because everyone having multiples of items such as V101 and V502 was somewhat questionable)

Last edited:
Also, in regards to section ID changes, level doesn't matter during the period you can change it infinitely. So, yeah, HAVE AT IT.

my opinions:

too many non-ep4 items now in ep4.
yas9 (is excessively common now, theres gonna be a ton of them floating around now)
g/battle
chain sawd
heaven punisher (this one really irks me, idc if it makes hp easier to get its not supposed to be easier to get). but now there are 11 drops for hp. redria has 2. thats not something i agree with.

yunchang is much more balanced now, happy with that.
pod is now a nearly pointless quest to hunt on.
rare monsters still have drops past 1/2. this is quite bothersome as any rare monster (including kondy imo) should have a decent expectation of getting a rare drop. even if it drops v101 or 801 or lame or something really great, if i see a rare monster i would like a rare drop. ideally id like to see some things switched around to make this more balanced instead of seeing a kondreiu and now thinking "wow, only a 9.5% chance of getting a rupika. a rupika. imo kondreiu should be much more rare but have equally less rare drop rates. something like 1/2. min.

i am not angry. i simply do not favor this drop table.

Last edited:
heaven punisher (this one really irks me, idc if it makes hp easier to get its not supposed to be easier to get). but now there are 11 drops for hp. redria has 2. thats not something i agree with.
If we had edited e2 it would have been removed from there.

rare monsters still have drops past 1/2. this is quite bothersome as any rare monster (including kondy imo) should have a decent expectation of getting a rare drop. even if it drops v101 or 801 or lame or something really great, if i see a rare monster i would like a rare drop.
1/4 rare enemy drops already existed in e4 (1/4 502).
e1 has 1/21+ drops as well.

If we had edited e2 it would have been removed from there.

1/4 rare enemy drops already existed in e4 (1/4 502).
e1 has 1/21+ drops as well.
there has always been 1 hp drop per id.

1/4 v502 is just unbalanced compared to other v502/AA drops. ep1's only drops past 1/2 for rare mobs are ultras (lavis, agito real, angel harp(trash but rare whyever))

my opinions:

That's only one more drop than vanilla. Plus, it still is going to take quite a bit of time before someone gets one. I think it's fine.

1/4 v502 is just unbalanced compared to other v502/AA drops. ep1's only drops past 1/2 for rare mobs are ultras (lavis, agito real, angel harp(trash but rare whyever))
V502 is much better than like every other AA item though. I personally consider V101 and V502 to be "uber" units, so it only makes sense that they are rare.

The day POD died. Damn ;(. I can understand why though. This will definitely encourage some more variety. Thanks for the hard work guys! I will miss my POD runs though lol

Last edited:
Honestly, with how many kondy I've seen and the lack of drops to show for it this is a breath of fresh air. LOVE YOU GUYS<3

in b4 WOL1 and MA4C are spammed.

Quick update whenever it happens:
  • Pinkal Pazuzu V801: 1/3.2 → 1/2
  • Redria Astark DoB: 1/370 → 1/200
  • Skyly Detonator: Sacred Duster → Vivienne
  • Bluefull Astark Limiter: 1/1606 → 1/2409
  • Oran Astark DLS: 1/1204 → 1/1606
Couple of buffs/nerfs. Astark got hit a bit because I think the rates were a bit easy considering their appearance rate in WoL1, and decided Vivienne should not be an exclusive.

I think the rates were a bit easy considering their appearance rate in WoL1.
that said, now we pretty much HAVE to spam WoL1. i thought we didn't want to spam quests?

Not quite, the idea of the nerf was to counteract it against Limiter Girt hunting (which I would assume nobody would take seriously with Limiter at 1/1500 or so on Astark). We have to balance the drop rates around the good quests, but at the same time, WoL1 is not THAT much better than MA4C restart runs or Warrior's Pride or MU1.

WoL1 will get you the best rates, but it's very possible to drop it in other quests that have decent Astark numbers and more of other enemies. Furthermore, uber items such as Limiter will always involve "quest spam" to hunt them, there's not really a way to avoid it. The point is that the drop table as a whole doesn't lend itself to a small number of quests.

We thought about around 1/2000 for Astark Limiter as well, but we figured we'd see what it's like at its current rate for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back