Ephineacon 2018: More Than Just a Meme

Respond to this poll if you want to attend Ephineacon 2018.

• Total voters
Hey guys! I'm bringing one (maybe two?) modded Wiis along, along with a few thumb drives that can hold quite a few games on them. The issue, of course, is that I have no idea what games you guys would want, so I'll need suggestions! You can reply to this post or PM me here or on Discord. There is a limit, of course, but I doubt I'll hit it with all the free space I have between drives.

Hey guys! I'm bringing one (maybe two?) modded Wiis along, along with a few thumb drives that can hold quite a few games on them. The issue, of course, is that I have no idea what games you guys would want, so I'll need suggestions! You can reply to this post or PM me here or on Discord. There is a limit, of course, but I doubt I'll hit it with all the free space I have between drives.

P r o j e c t M
& mariokart Wii <3

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but if you guys have Gamecube PSO files, feel free to bring your memory cards. We'll have a copy of GC PSO ;)

Between Girth not going, a six and a half hour drive both ways, needing lab work done tomorrow, and having to work Saturday + Monday...I'm not man enough to go :(

I did mental gymnastics about going most of the day if it counts

a six and a half hour drive both ways

dROoHzq.png

If it makes you feel any better, I hardly actually play PSO and I'm still making an 8 hour trek to this shindig. Even took off work for it >_>

I can never go now because Spoon wanted to shame/guilt trip me

So what all happened at Ephineacon?? Details! Call it.. Ephineacon and Back Again: The First PSO Con Story

We played a bunch of video games, a few card games, had a raffle, ate pizza, took pictures, and just kind of hung out. I got my ass kicked by literally everyone at Melee, beat @Cassie 9 at SA2 after dying like 10 times, and beat @Aki_Leaves at chess after a grueling battle.

It was cool. Everyone who wasn't there missed out. :cool:

planning for 2019: a better day so more people will show up.
looks like everyone had fun, wish it was streamed or something because that really would have sold a lot of people on going next year.

Yeah def. But some may not want their picture online.. then again those folks prob wouldn't go in the first place.

planning for 2019: a better day so more people will show up.
looks like everyone had fun, wish it was streamed or something because that really would have sold a lot of people on going next year.
I sent out a survey to see who could come, and that day had the most votes. I think a lot of people are sold on next year already! Haha. But dw, everyone who was there was okay with pictures being taken. Anyway, I'll be making another forum post (or adding onto this one) today about next year.

It was definitely comfy and a blast! My wife won a Dreamcast in the raffle and we are super excited to play it! A massive thank you to @Cassie 9 for organizing an incredible event and to @trix for all of the hard work on badges/fun art things and the Dreamcast donation.

Watching the SA2 race, playing Cards Against Humanity and Coup with everyone, and meeting a genuinely awesome group of people were highlights. Also, @Ryan definitely makes for a intense battle of chess.

Usually I want to go home after 2-3 hours of social interaction, but Ephinea con was so fun my ten hours flew by. Only headed home after exhaustion set in.

Thank you all and see you next year!

Last edited:
MV5BYTQ4NmFhZWQtZTBhNC00ZDA3LWI3NzUtYTg4ODAyNDI3Y2JmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1MjU3OQ@@._V1_UY268_CR43,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I shall live out my secret dream of playing this Dreamcast game with Leonard Nimoy.
>>

Back