Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 10/10/2015)

Re: Ephinea Drop Chart (Updated: 9/12/2015)

Well, here are a few tips on viewing these rates in either fractions or percents.

• 1. If you see a fraction containing a 1 in the numerator, and wish to view it as a percentage (%), use this formula: 100/denominator. For instance, here's 1/2, so 100/2 = 50%.

2. If you see a % and would like to convert it into a fraction with a one on top, use this formula to obtain the denominator of that fraction: 100/percentage value. For example, here's 50%, so 100/50 = 2.

Caution: Please don't use the % button on your calculators, I have omitted those symbols in the formulae for simplicity by placing percentage value in the second formula.

Updated charts with PSO2 drop style rates when hovering over fractions. Percents for all modes are also visible on the tool tip.

falkenjeff said:
Why did Whitill get its Red Ring nerfed, but not the other IDs?

Going to just cut and paste something I sent to someone else who PM'd me about this:

Feel free to quit. It's not like you can't still get a Red Ring.

Every other section ID has the same 1/64 drop rate for their Falz or Olga Flow drop in Ultimate mode. There was no reason Whitill should have had anything better than that. That was obviously a mistake made by SEGA.

Episode 1 & 2 never dropped this item even though it was in the data, Falz and Flow had no drop rate for Ultimate mode in Episode 1 & 2. The actual allowing of the Red Ring to drop was done by SEGA during PSO BB. However, we still never had the drop rate files for PSO BB's updated Episode 1 & 2 content and were using the broken GC file. We simply just gave Falz and Flow a 100% DAR but never changed the rare drop rate data.

Since now they drop their items, Whitill should have been corrected but hadn't been by me. Now Whitill has been corrected.

If you really made a character just for one item, that's sad. Once you got that item then what? You don't play the character anymore?

My apologies, but I don't really feel sad for you.

I always thought they gave Whitill a better drop rate for RR because in the Story, Rico was a Whitill.

EvilMag said:
I always thought they gave Whitill a better drop rate for RR because in the Story, Rico was a Whitill.

Was just about to say the same thing. It makes sense since whitill also finds ricos glasses and ricos earrings from ruins.

falkenjeff said:
Sodaboy said:
If you really made a character just for one item, that's sad. Once you got that item then what? You don't play the character anymore?

Hunt the item more to find a max stat one and/or sell them. Play with friends who have other IDs. etc
Red Ring is always 150 DFP and 232 EVP. There are no variable stats on it.

EvilMag said:
I think you guys are misunderstanding. You can't consider the old rate an official rate. Like I just said, the old rate was from the PSO Gamecube file in where only the rare rate was defined. Those bosses had a DAR of 0, meaning they never dropped anything, effectively making their rare rate 0 as well.

This puts us back in the same position as the Episode 4 rare item drop rates that no one knew, because the bosses were given an official rare rate after the drops were allowed to drop on PSO Blue Burst. No one could tell you what the official drop rate was then because no one had access to the server data.

Therefore, whatever silly stories you want to use to justify a non-authentic rate, are invalid.

You could even call the drop rates in the PSO GC file for Falz and Flow as "junk data", since it was never used.

It could also be said that the rates the bosses have set now on Ephinea are much higher than what the official rates were for the bosses on PSOBB once they added Red Ring, PGF, etc. to the mix to be dropped. We don't know.

It is not a SCHTServ change, it should be dropping with variable stats. It even says so on the JP wiki here: http://puu.sh/kc4iL/962649eeb8.png

(130+85+20 = 232 DFP, 212+25+20 = 257 EVP)

If they're not dropping with variable stats, there is an issue.

The Red Ring will drop with variable stats on this server.

My apologies for stating that Red Ring has no variable stats on this server. I was basing that statement off of reports I had been given by players. This means that I can hunt for a max DFP Red Ring for my HUcast now. :mrgreen:

I believe Red Ring drop rates for all ID's will stay the same at 1/64.

Actually, I changed Whitill again, slightly. There, how's that for compromise, Jeff?

No, I got the file from NDW, that was entirely an accident, I guess. I'll change it. =P

What exactly did the update do today? New drops or just different rates?

NDW changed the Episode 4 rates to be more generous. If you had a snapshot of the before charts vs. after, you could clearly tell.

Anyhow, in addition to the 11* and higher items that are announced, these ones get announced also (NDW responsible for this list too):

S-Parts ver2.01
Kasami Bracer
Asteron Belt
Earth Wand: Brownie
God Hand
Soul Banish
Spread Needle
Holy Ray
L&K38 Combat
Laconium Axe
Yamigarasu
Meteor Cudgel
Monkey King Bar
Madam's Umbrella
Frozen Shooter
Panzer Faust
Twin Blaze
Yasminkov 7000V
Yasminkov 9000M
Sange
Kamui
Hitogata
Flowen's Sword
Zanba
Rika's Claw
Nei's Claw
Slicer of Fanatic
Lame d'Argent
Ophelie Seize
Guren
Shouren
Yunchang
Cannon Rouge
Solferino
Tyrell's Parasol
Spirit Garment
Black Hound Cuirass
Thirteen
Ignition Cloak
Congeal Cloak
Tempest Cloak
Cursed Cloak
Select Cloak
Lieutenant Mantle
Sorcerer's Right Arm
Bringer's Right Arm
S-red's Arms
Parts of Baranz
Gi Gue's body
Cladding of Epsilon
De Rol Le Shell
Parasitic gene "Flow"
Magic Stone "Iritista"
Syncesta
Book of Hitogata
Dragon Scale
D-Photon Core

I removed Glide because too common.

There's probably some stuff on there that's too common as well, but I removed some stuff that stood out like a sore thumb.

Back