Ephinea Christmas 2023 Event Thread

I hope there's going to be something for long-term vets to hope for, because so far there isn't.

Don't wanna be a downer or sound ungrateful, but for us first-year players there isn't much to care about. (So little that I've barely even played this event).

Sorry, but just saying it how I see it. /grinch

Maybe I'll get few more PD's... Whoop de doo.

I'm just saying there could be some kind of ultra-rare item than would even make long-term vets salivate. Even if it's attainability was unlikely.
But at present there is very little motivation for anyone who has played here for more than a few years.

I love this server, but the "events" are always so.... Meh.

Collect the crap, for a chance of something good-ish... Or Collect the crap and you can gamble for a chance of something good-ish (but probably lose). Or get the presents for a chance of something good-ish (but probably not).

Remember back on Sega or even Scht when events were actually genuinely EXCITING?

Something to think about...
I get your thoughts. But I disagree. Scht events brought in new gear that broke the game making high end stuff you shoot for on vanilla pointless. I loved the 67 hit galatine or 58 hit black king bar or 60 hit bringer's rifle but man it killed any hunts down the line and even more when they brought in rainbow and so on.

Stuff I did like was the golden ape summer with mixed up specials I'll admit but it isn't like this place doesn't have any surprises. I love fighting the new Dec quests and can't wait to see how they mix it up. Will we get poison room branz with morphos firing at us?

I get your thoughts. But I disagree. Scht events brought in new gear that broke the game making high end stuff you shoot for on vanilla pointless. I loved the 67 hit galatine or 58 hit black king bar or 60 hit bringer's rifle but man it killed any hunts down the line and even more when they brought in rainbow and so on.

Stuff I did like was the golden ape summer with mixed up specials I'll admit but it isn't like this place doesn't have any surprises. I love fighting the new Dec quests and can't wait to see how they mix it up. Will we get poison room branz with morphos firing at us?
yo, where did I say I wanted Scht events?

I said I wanted the excitement they brought.

Sorry if you guys don't understand what makes that happen.

yo, where did I say I wanted Scht events?

I said I wanted the excitement they brought.
And what is the excitement brought by Sega or Scht events? Are you talking about the Sega events back on console where a lobby theme was activated with a holiday quest like Pioneer Christmas? Or are you talking about the busted 10x rates events while the server was on its way out?

If you guys don't get it then you just don't.
I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it.

Keep getting people to collect those tickets and coal and badges etc.

Fun!

Hey bro, if you guys don't get it then you just don't.
I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it.

Keep getting people to collect those tickets and coal and stuff.

Fun!
No, we get exactly what you mean. You're asking for insane rates in an event or for presents to give gear so good that defeats the purpose of hunting or playing otherwise.

There are other servers that provide that kind of experience.

No, we get exactly what you mean. You're asking for insane rates in an event or for presents to give gear so good that defeats the purpose of hunting or playing otherwise.

There are other servers that provide that kind of experience.
I was, if anything, asking for an insane rate for an insane item. So that long-term players would have something worth trying for (other than 30-hit bleh).
Not asking for realistic, just asking for some xmas hope...

Sorry you guys took it as an insult.

Last edited:
How do you know there isn't something insane in there? All the presents haven't been found.

Still, you're essentially asking us to make events stronger and stronger each year so they're still "relevant for vets", which is like um... no.

How do you know there isn't something insane in there? All the presents haven't been found.

Still, you're essentially asking us to make events stronger and stronger each year so they're still "relevant for vets", which is like um... no.
I'm really not asking for that. I don't want super-easy event which make people rich overnight (which seems to be what you're suggesting).

I was just hoping for events which have something which incentives vets to play.

Last edited:
I totally get Paradroy’s Complaint (also my favorite book by Phillip Roth). It’s far from the first time someone complained about the event prizes being increasingly nerfed throughout the years, crowned IMO by the 1% added chance of hit milestone during Anni. It looks like everybody reflexively reacted negatively to his comments, dismissing it as whining without reading or understanding those few posts.

If Paradroid complained in VC, then rather than dismissing him as an obnoxious complainer, more people would at least understand, if not agree, with what he said.

IMO: Coals and Presents (if someone trusts that it’s not a N-VH one) are great to collect and sell. Many are apparently willing to pay high prices for these as they do with Cookies. Also, the December Disaster quests, especially for Ep 2, more than make up for the seemingly very low rate for getting a remarkable prize, i.e, one worth more than the unopened Present itself.

I totally expect this post to be misunderstood so NP in advanced.

It’s far from the first time someone complained about the event prizes being increasingly nerfed throughout the years, crowned IMO by the 1% added chance of hit milestone during Anni. It looks like everybody reflexively reacted negatively to his comments, dismissing it as whining without reading or understanding those few posts.
Might be misreading this but I remember some confusion about this in discord during anniv.

The "+1%" hit chance milestone in anniv has been the same since its introduction in 2019. I know a previous year had it listed as +20% hit chance on the milestones page (meaning 1.20 * 5% = 6% per attribute roll), but they both describe the ultimate hit chance changing from 5% to 6% per attribute roll in each and every one of those years (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023).

I totally get Paradroy’s Complaint (also my favorite book by Phillip Roth). It’s far from the first time someone complained about the event prizes being increasingly nerfed throughout the years, crowned IMO by the 1% added chance of hit milestone during Anni. It looks like everybody reflexively reacted negatively to his comments, dismissing it as whining without reading or understanding those few posts.

If Paradroid complained in VC, then rather than dismissing him as an obnoxious complainer, more people would at least understand, if not agree, with what he said.

IMO: Coals and Presents (if someone trusts that it’s not a N-VH one) are great to collect and sell. Many are apparently willing to pay high prices for these as they do with Cookies. Also, the December Disaster quests, especially for Ep 2, more than make up for the seemingly very low rate for getting a remarkable prize, i.e, one worth more than the unopened Present itself.

I totally expect this post to be misunderstood so NP in advanced.
I understand it, too. And even though I disagree (since some epic rare would be either obtainable by anyone. Or this server would have to discriminate against younger guildcards to prevent them from getting it, which is far worse, since these are the implications to their perceived problem), it's the whole attitude that annoys me.

First they tell us how they feel, which is never a bad thing, and do so in a constructive way. But at the first sign of resistance they immediately call the staff dicks. Imagine having done that on SchtServ against Lee or Crono, see what that'd bring them. I doubt they'd be so relaxed about it. It's also followed by saying nobody understands them without further explaining where they're coming from. Nobody can help you if you're telling them they don't understand you, without trying to further help them understand you.

The base game is 23 years old, meaning it's safe to assume most here are well into their 30's and 40's (I mean, I was 14 when I started playing back on the Cube, am 35 now). So we're all adults here and I think we should all be adults about it, meaning there's no need to be offensive or act victimised, as far as I'm concerned.

I feel like there's only so much excitement that can be generated within the framework of holding drop rate events for a 20+ year old game that's not receiving new content updates. This isn't necessarily a bad thing however, I'd much prefer "boring" events to insane power creep nonsense.

Alrighty.
SCHT Events were exciting because they were fucking dumb and you could get insane, really insane stuff, in them. They weren't any better than this. Hell, for veterans, finally seeing Omni-Spawn quests is the most ecxiting thing to happen in a very... well, with the DMC patch, in not so long, but still. It's awesome. Anyone remember golden Torrs? What a shitty event, I would not call that one "exciting" at all.

75h Charge Vulcan in presents is nowadays considered one of the biggest mistakes every made when it comes to events. Many people, veterans included, agree it was dumb. Is this the kind of item you'd want in your quests, Paradroid? Because many people, including players that have played for a long time, would disagree with you.

[Removed by me.]

Last edited:
I'm just saying there could be some kind of ultra-rare item than would even make long-term vets salivate. Even if it's attainability was unlikely.
But at present there is very little motivation for anyone who has played here for more than a few years.
I feel like the Platings and weapon skins in general are exactly here for that purpose.

The events might not match your expectations, but they are just events and you are maybe expecting too much from them.

This is quite unfair regarding the staff because improvments are regulary added to the game such as the recent DMC patch or the new quests with omnispawn.

They are doing quite a good job here!

That's why i disagree with you on that matter, that being said i hope you are not gonna quit and that we will play together again.

Peace

Back