Ephinea Christmas 2017

I mean you can jump to that conclusion, sure, but like 3 more Caliburs existing with 75H is not going to half its value considering there's already a lot with 70~80H+.

It's in the "Very Rare" category for a reason. With how the calculations work, that puts it at something around the realm of 1 every 2,500 presents.

Also is it just me, or is it the people who don't play that have the most concerns for some reason?

I like economics and estimated value. That should be obvious with my history here.

Sorry i havnt been on much! In due time.

There are usually reasons we don't play. We were the most vocal before we quit as well. Until eventually your changes slowly pushed us away completely.

Analogy: someone stops shopping at a specific store or going to a specific restaurant etc, after shopping there for a long time... And then they see them continue to keep doing dumb things. So they continue to comment on it, even though they don't go there/eat there anymore.

I paid like 20-30 PDs for Restless Lion spirit diska.
I honestly think you are the only person that values them highly.

How annoying...while i dont play much anymore it is always sad to see every time i login some item i have halves in value.
I highly doubt your item "halved" in value. Getting that drop is extremely rare.

And that makes everything found this year! Though maybe we'll add a thing or two just for kicks (probably not).

Spoiler: Ryan is a quitter.

I've deleted a lot of posts from this thread because it was just derailing it.

I'm fine with criticisms or "negative comments", but sometimes it just feels like those who air grievances are doing it to stir things up, rather than actually discuss it.

I feel there's too few "duds" or low value items compared to previous Christmas events, making 30H FS and 30H SoF overabundant (since those were in Common). Although perhaps in context, those two were already broken in anniversary so it's not that bad.

The lack of duds were probably designed so because of the disappointment of getting nothing out of presents, so I do think it's a step in the right direction.

No, we've also come to the conclusion that is a problem as well. We had duds in the previous events, and also the DAR reduction, but we decided we wanted to get rid of the disappointment of getting presents with "nothing" and also promote people to play together more as well.

Problem is, we somewhat underestimated how many weapons that would bring into the economy. There's no plans to change anything now, it is what it is, but what we probably should have done to get rid of the dud feeling is make it so that you earned some sort of currency item (or multiples even) like 25%~50% of the time, such as Photon Drops, Photon Crystals, Coal, Cookies, Materials, etc.

This way, instead of just generating 956893058690835908 equipment items, most of the presents would be bringing in items that people need 98506983095809 of anyway, not making such a significant impact on the stock of items that aren't necessarily supposed to be so common.

While we could change things now, I'm not a fan of changing things mid event unless it's extremely gamebreaking (such as what happened with the Hunter during Anniversary), as that's not fair on those who didn't play the event early on.

Take it from a guy who has killed over 30,000 Gi Gues: I greatly appreciate the Xmas present load out this year compared to last year. I went thousands of kills without getting a present in Ult only to finally get something then unwrapped some garbage tier item from Hard mode.

Thanks for making it so you only get items relevant to the difficulty you're playing in, and the items themselves are pretty reasonable.

Thank you for the Christmas event. It was great! As a new player, the holiday boosts were quite helpful to getting me on my feet quicker. Great community here!

Thanks for a great Christmas Event.

Conclusion and some criticism for future events:
Removing time limit from Fiasco was a good decision, so weaker players can enjoy that quest, too. Though handing out event items at the end (time limit removed, easier to finish) made it the major quest for one month, which gets kinda boring. Of course, you can play other quests, but it always feels like some kind of punishment, missing out on event items.

RfR ... I already voiced my concerns about the changes and still think it was a rushed and unnecessary decision. Think about Ep1 Fiasco Ruins, all those Bulclaw can be milked for 4 additional enemies (quite easy with confuse traps), so if you want to be fair, you would have to remove / reduce those as well imo. Also keep in mind that time limit got removed, so there is no penalty for doing that. Maybe you could rethink the RfR changes and undo them.

Still great event and thanks again. Looking forward to seasons now.

A nest spawns 31 enemies total and takes no effort to kill. You literally stand there and press H. It's not really comparable to Bulclaws.

RFR has 17 Monests by the way, making them spawn 527 enemies in total (30 moths per nest and the nest itself), alongside the other 626 enemies (!). Fiasco is like ~500 enemies each episode and a lot more difficult.

An easy forest quest with a truckton of enemies should not be better for farming event items than a quest like Fiasco. We've had this problem before and we nerfed those quests because it was essentially exploiting moths to get free items. There's a reason event items don't drop from boxes either.

Reactions: Eva
Had a total Blast !!
I was just a few weeks old when it kicked in, but i managed to rock it!!
Most of the casual runs i joined went past what the timer would have usually allowed.
Whether or not this much coal was well deserved without the timer, im sure it greatly increased the participation to this event - Which was the main reason of the change, i take it.

The massive pools of mobs and the EXP was just too good!!
I made my Hardcore toon last week, and it caught up my vanilla main.
The 50hit non-rare been a great help for newborn players like me, and presents really been a game changer.

Cant wait to see what the seasons will bring now!!
Hardcore - Seasonal ->

But finishing RfR killing all moths takes almost an hour, others do 3x Fiasco Ep1 in the same amount of time. What are the enemy counts for 3x Fiasco 1 and one complete run RfR? Maybe nerf it to 16, but not 2.

Back