Definitive Material Plan Guide

I used to theorycraft stat plans a lot for the GameCube version. Happy to see some odd amounts of DEX in some of these plans since I never really figured those out.

One thing I realized making stat plans is that for HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar, and RAmarl (and potentially some forces), you can swap Mind Materials for Power Materials and swap POW on the Mag for MIND. This lets you have more ATP throughout leveling. Is there some reason these plans don't do that?

I used to theorycraft stat plans a lot for the GameCube version. Happy to see some odd amounts of DEX in some of these plans since I never really figured those out.

One thing I realized making stat plans is that for HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmar, and RAmarl (and potentially some forces), you can swap Mind Materials for Power Materials and swap POW on the Mag for MIND. This lets you have more ATP throughout leveling. Is there some reason these plans don't do that?
These plans are for level 200. Power Materials are usually more expensive, which I am guessing is the motivation for putting POW on the mag if possible. But yes, you can swap either way. You can and probably should use different mags while leveling characters that maximize your important stats because some stats are just too important to not have near max for some characters, because as you said having more ATP while leveling is much more important than some MST for a number of characters.

For example, FOmarl cannot equip Rambling May until she has 170 ATA. That is her *max* ATA which stops growing somewhat close to 200. Before then though, you likely want to be using Rambling May so using a mag with some more DEX would be better (or using H/Arms or Adept for ATA if you can spare the unit, and then using a different mag with much lower DEX but unit freedom is pretty important, I think).

Hi,
I've checked the max stats guide with the gear recommandation on a character planning site (phantasystaronline.net), and stats are nowhere near to be maxed.
Could someone explain me why? May be the character planner I'm using is not correct for Ephinea server?
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks !

Hi,
I've checked the max stats guide with the gear recommandation on a character planning site (phantasystaronline.net), and stats are nowhere near to be maxed.
Could someone explain me why? May be the character planner I'm using is not correct for Ephinea server?
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks !
That website is for the Ultima PSOBB server. All classes have changed max stats on that server. I've seen some calculator for Ephinea/vanilla somewhere but don't have the link. Maybe someone else can post :eek:

What I use is this
https://web.archive.org/web/20180209173328/http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/ss/statussimulator.html

It's a snapshot of a calculator meant for old schtserv, so keep in mind that HUnewearl, FOnewm, and FOnewearl have only 150 max materials for POW+DEF+MIND+EVADE+LUCK on this server (that calculator will show 200). And also ignore some of the custom gear that you may see there but not listed in this thread.

I then usually check the plans on Ephinea in a sandbox account by creating a character, doing /levelup 200, and then using the materials and equipping the units+mags to make sure everything is as expected.

Hi, I'm unpinning this guide and not updating it again on the forums.

I have moved all Material Plans to the Ephinea Wiki on the class pages -- all the class pages will be linked in the OP for anyone who stumbles across it.

Any updates or changes should be done on the wiki, as that should be the #1 source for informational guides like this, as this makes information easier to find and in a more intuitive location, while also allowing other people than the original poster to update the information after the fact.

Ideally, there should be no need to reference this forum for information as it should be on the wiki!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back