D-Parts 2.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelloMoka

Guildcard
First, I would like to preface that a discussion over this might get out of hand. Please only give productive responses.

The following is for those who are unfamiliar with the D-Parts 2.10 bug. The item is supposed to give 10ATP and 10ATA. However, Blue Burst was coded poorly by Sega to throw away secondary stats on items:
http://wiki.pioneer2.net/index.php?title=D-Parts_ver2.10

Each stat boost entry can modify two separate stats, but in V3+ Sega ignores the second stat completely and only applies the first stat boost for each entry...This likely happened when Sega was moving MST boosts from the stat boost section into the weapon stat section. You have to play V1/2 in order to get both boosts.

I have searched the forums and have not seen a thread over this yet. It seems to me that there is knowledge of this bug and that a fix would be welcomed which could slightly improve play while not being a major change to the game. Balance is an obvious concern, but I would argue that fixing the bug would be implementing proper balance to the game as the item was intended to function a different way than it currently does. The item could be introduced while maintaining frame diversity as it would still be in-line with other popular Cast frames such as Thirteen, Stealth Suit, Dressplate, BOVN, and D-Parts 1.01 as these frames will still prevail at their respective uses. Further, the recent buff to blizzard specials as a gameplay change leads me to believe that fixing this bug could be plausible.

As with all my suggestions, I demand nothing. I am not even sure if fixing this is at all possible and if it's not, the story ends there. The server has also seen quite a few changes recently, all of which have been well received, so I understand if staff would prefer not to do a change like this at the moment. This is merely a suggestion and nothing more.

This bug existed even on Gamecube, so it's not a BB-exclusive thing. PSO is just coded poorly, but it has always been like that. Calling it a "bug in the client" is not really correct, it's more of a "bug in PSO itself". The person who wrote that trivia-fact probably didn't know that even on Gamecube the item was like this.

I don't think it should be "fixed", especially because it would give the androids even more advantages over their fleshie counterparts. HUCast would have more ATA than both HUmar and HUnewearl, for instance. RAcast would still be lower than the fleshies, but even then +10 ATA makes a lot of difference with RA weapons like Hell Needle.

tl;dr: This is not a BB thing. The armor only gave +10 ATP even back on Gamecube.

Last edited:
It's possible Sega eliminated the second stat boost on purpose after adding MST boosts to the main weapon section of the PMT, so it might not be a bug. Enabling the second boost again can cause problems without PMT edits, however, e.g. Demonic Fork will fuck up your LCK, because its second (disabled) boost is -10 LCK. Other weapons also become mildly worse when you enable the second boost, since most of the existing entries are -EVP boosts.

No, because HUcast is already overpowered enough and it's just not necessary.
at the end of the day that's why my proposed dplate idea is good. make it easier to die to early walks or anything really in exchange for same boosts. no issue if the risk/reward is balanced. my idea actually makes the best/optimal chars worse in a nontrivial way. at the end of the day we are buffing blizzard so why not put this on the table?

Last edited:
No, because HUcast is already overpowered enough and it's just not necessary.
"HUcast op" only occurs in extremely optimized play. The people capable, or interested, in optimizing mag triggers, PBs, memorizing all monster spawns, optimize movement and dps strategies are most certainly the vast minimum. In casual play, I would argue that other classes perform better than HUcast and 10ATA I would argue is more of a casual buff than one that would drastically effect those percentage of players.

Arguing whether or not anything is necessary seems moot. Most of what I see around here, even in recent patches, feels nice and has improved everyone's play, but has not at all been "necessary".

Yes, it's true that HUcast is not the best class unless you're playing in extremely optimized play, but we really don't need to give HUcast more ATA than both HUmar and HUnewearl.

So no.

A reminder that D-Parts 2.10 introduces an option to all four Casts, not just HUcast. Further, it's not a flat ATA change, as other frames are still viable for their respective purposes. But to address, whether or not it matters if HUcast has more or less ATA than HUmar and Hunewearl seems subjective, especially since the opposite was true when D-Parts 2.10 functioned properly even before it was equipped.

Yes, it's true that HUcast is not the best class unless you're playing in extremely optimized play, but we really don't need to give HUcast more ATA than both HUmar and HUnewearl.

So no.
at the end of the day, dress plate buff. buffs all classes and makes optimal play riskier. is there a sophisticated reason as to why increasing risk/reward to optimal play but not anything other forms of play is bad?

Just wanted to say I liked the idea proposed, regardless of it being a clear no from Matt :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back