Bullying culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizen

I don't want this to turn into some huge mega thread, so I just wanted to ask people to be a little bit nicer to each other. Tis the season isn't it!? We are a relatively small community and it's shitty to see people (generally a select group) get shit on for no reason other than its funny, or you disagree with their play style. It's one thing to joke among friends in a private party and quite another to do in lobby or shoutbox. While it may be hilarious to you, please remember that the people you are making fun of are real people. Treat them with respect. By no means am I perfect, I enjoy making fun of people as much as the rest of humanity, but keep it civilized people. We have relatively small numbers as it is, lets be friends, k? Think twice before that dank meme, is it more mean than funny?

Thanks!
Your lovable HUmar Aizen

I don't want this to turn into some huge mega thread, so I just wanted to ask people to be a little bit nicer to each other. Tis the season isn't it!? We are a relatively small community and it's shitty to see people (generally a select group) get shit on for no reason other than its funny, or you disagree with their play style. It's one thing to joke among friends in a private party and quite another to do in lobby or shoutbox. While it may be hilarious to you, please remember that the people you are making fun of are real people. Treat them with respect. By no means am I perfect, I enjoy making fun of people as much as the rest of humanity, but keep it civilized people. We have relatively small numbers as it is, lets be friends, k? Think twice before that dank meme, is it more mean than funny?

Thanks!
Your lovable HUmar Aizen

THANK YOU! couldnt have said it any better. I also know I'm not perfect, I've caused drama and I know it. but it made me realize that it only worsens the server more. I don't know why but all the lvl 200 veterans treat uso low levels like crap. please respect us. you were once our lvl too and you should know how it feels to be judged for doing something by accident or unnoticeably.

This is one thing I have noticed also. Some of the old guard, but not all, are impatient when it comes to noobs.
Generally not a problem I have faced but I see it quite a bit. Eg getting annoyed when a player does not: know when a game is res'd, asks silly questions, puts undesirable items up for sale. Special shoutouts to guys like Arsuru, Spuz, MewPlushie and Promo who are very welcoming.
I make it a point to welcome any newbies to this server. We want this place to grow, rather than people shy away for fear of isolation.

THANK YOU! couldnt have said it any better. I also know I'm not perfect, I've caused drama and I know it. but it made me realize that it only worsens the server more. I don't know why but all the lvl 200 veterans treat uso low levels like crap. please respect us. you were once our lvl too and you should know how it feels to be judged for doing something by accident or unnoticeably.

It happened a lot to me, really only mew raised me lol. she was kind enough. but I see your point too. thanks for sharing

A lot of the drama happens unseen in other places (not forums or in game) and then the final tipping point happens when shit hits the fan on the forums.

What you see in the shoutbox is like 10% of what actually happens.

Uh yeah, so why should i listen to a coward who runs away from their problems?
This sort of seems like you're bullying in an anti-bully thread. IDK what you guys are arguing about but I suggest bringing this elsewhere if you can't just drop it. No need to call anybody a coward really. Let's move on boys lol

This sort of seems like you're bullying in an anti-bully thread. IDK what you guys are arguing about but I suggest bringing this elsewhere if you can't just drop it. No need to call anybody a coward really. Let's move on boys lol

... forgive but never forget

I enjoy joking and fooling around as much as anyone else but perhaps we've come to expect it as the norm to just jump and shit on anyone who has a differing opinion even if they're completely in the wrong( I realize I've been party to some of this in the past in some capacity) Is this what we want new players on Ephinea to be introduced to on the forums? Not very welcoming is it? There are GMs to report issues to, airing your grievances publicly doesn't really promote a friendly community. I have nothing personal against anyone here on Ephinea.

Now I'm not a "Pro" by any means but if any new players have questions or just simply want some help feel free to give me a shout I'll try help you with what I can. I love you all Ephinea. <3

-Edited a bit to reflect what I tried to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyu
Now I'm not a "Pro" by any means but if any new players have questions or just simply want some help feel free to give me a shout I'll try help you with what I can. I love you all Ephinea. <3
Can confirm pro status. For real you hit the nail on the head though. GG

Bullying in the anti-bully thread is exactly what he's doing.

And I reported it and it's still there. Surprise surprise.

Bullying in the anti-bully thread is exactly what he's doing.

And I reported it and it's still there. Surprise surprise.

you're think because someone makes 1 mistake they'll get banned? people learn, I made a mistake yeah I know. but you have to realize not everyone is like me. I'll leave what happened in here and in discord behind. I'm not saying this because I got reported I'm saying this because I learned. if I get banned oh well I still learned my lesson either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back