Bullying culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone was sane they'd brush off the bullying shit.
I've seen you say this type of stuff before, about how individuals should control their emotions and "buck up" and what not. That is easier said than done and blaming the victim tbh. Have some empathy, dude. Things that are easy for you, or skills that you've figured out with how to deal with life, aren't easy for everybody.
Either way though dude. Sanity is a spectrum and varies throughout life based on life situations. I hope that you don't ever come upon a time of mental distress and have someone negate your issues and say it's your fault for not being able to endure. I do agree of course that there are tons of terrible people on the internet and that you should build up some resilience and thicken your skin, but that's easier said than done. I see where you're coming from but your advice just isn't helpful in that phrasing.

I don't really buy into this cyber bullying crap, it sounds to me like some shit to control speech.
I obviously don't mean OP is trying to control free speech because that's clearly not his intention, I'm merely talking about the term itself and how it's being abused to shut down anyone who says "something offensive" whether it's true or not.

The main difference between bullying and "cyber bullying" is that people who are bullied at school etc. don't have a reasonable way out, they have to go to school and they can't physically avoid the bullies who go after them.
Being insulted on the internet is not bullying, it's trolling at best. You have the power to ignore the situation by simply closing the internet tab or not replying to the forum post. In most forums and internet communities you can block people. It's nothing like being bullied in real life.

Anyway I don't think there's a bullying problem in ephinea but if someone was rude to you then simply don't play with them it's not really a catch 22. There are even tens of blocks so it's not like the user you don't like is on the lobby and you can't escape from him. Arrange a game meeting with people you like on a different block and that's it, hardly a problem.

Personally I play alone 100% of the time on ship 2, so this is a non issue for me.

Hell, even on the early days of Schtserv, Schthack just picked his friends to be the mods and didn't care about qualifications. I was once banned for a month for disagreeing with a mod about PSO legitimacy (we were arguing in the lobby in game). A MONTH. And there was no accountability for him doing this. Ephinea is magnitudes better than everything that came before it, and you'd do well to take stock of that. (FYI the mod was Demon, and he was a total ass; even worse than Lee.)

Jake was threatening to ban me in-game for discord drama, when iirc Sodaboy's stance was that someone couldn't be banned in-game for discord/forum/etc behavior. So not only was I being bullied and nothing being done about it, but now I'm afraid to do anything about it (rather than just leaving the discord) in case I lose my PSO accounts for retaliating against the bullies.

I asked Matt - and apparently he agrees - if the discord shit is bad enough I will be banned in-game (which is a joke, because Jake is the only active GM in any of the discords and he sure as shit isn't gonna ban any of the other troublemakers).

Back on Sega / Scht, I used to get picked on worse than anyone here, including Skylar. You just gotta grit your teeth, stick to your guns, and move on. Making threads about it never helped change anything.

Oh really? You got told to kill yourself every day multiple times per day? You had people like Nandos following you around spamming emotes at you in the lobby and spamming banners at you while you were playing the game because you had blocked them from everything else and were ignoring them? I'm pretty sure I snapped worse than you ever have as well. I did some pretty terrible stuff in retaliation to the bullying. It actually was turning me into a terrible person.

FYI if I was some 13 year old depressed kid and not a 28 year old adult - it was bad enough that I probably would have killed myself.

Being insulted on the internet is not bullying, it's trolling at best. You have the power to ignore the situation by simply closing the internet tab or not replying to the forum post. In most forums and internet communities you can block people. It's nothing like being bullied in real life.

There is an entire discord/community that is invite-only and was made solely to keep ME out. Do you know how fucking terrible that makes me feel? And the person who made it is supposedly my friend. Not even to mention the fact that "2 discords exist" is why one of them turned into a bully-discord (since they used the other one to talk about PSO - the one I wasn't allowed in).

Anyway I don't think there's a bullying problem in ephinea but if someone was rude to you then simply don't play with them it's not really a catch 22

And the dude who follows me around the lobby spamming emotes and putting my name into his rare drop banners to try and bother me? I mean yeah I can ignore it, but when I'm already having a terrible fucking day it's a bit much.

I don't use any of the Discords any longer because of what you just illustrated, Skylar. I am sorry to hear that.

And yes, I did get it really bad back then. Every bit as bad as what you're getting now. People followed me around or made different characters / accounts after blocking them. And most of it was because I caught a bunch of elitist pricks using 300% hit weapons and got them banned. FYI Stonecutters: You simply cannot SSS an unfrozen Ult. mode Delbiter with Charge Vulcans on a HUcast even with 100% hit and hit 9/9. It's not possible, so it's your fault for doing it in front of someone who understands the game. (I was smart enough to notice then, and all their friends hated me for getting them banned.)

Regarding the Discord stuff: Really, Jake? I don't see how you can threaten to ban someone for what they do outside of the game. Technically, you can't even prove that's the same person. I'm glad Soda's stance agreed with Skylar. This was disappointing to hear.

Last edited:
I don't see how you can be banned for anything you do outside of the game. They can't even technically prove that's you.

Well Jake is basically a GM for no reason. The only reason he's not "bad" like the Schthack mods is because he doesn't do anything or ban anyone.

If he finally got fed up with me he'd just ban me and hope Sodaboy/Matt doesn't do anything about it. Doesn't matter if he can prove it's me or not, he "technically" doesn't care.

Jake was threatening to ban me in-game for discord drama, when iirc Sodaboy's stance was that someone couldn't be banned in-game for discord/forum/etc behavior. So not only was I being bullied and nothing being done about it, but now I'm afraid to do anything about it (rather than just leaving the discord) in case I lose my PSO accounts for retaliating against the bullies.

I asked Matt - and apparently he agrees - if the discord shit is bad enough I will be banned in-game (which is a joke, because Jake is the only active GM in any of the discords and he sure as shit isn't gonna ban any of the other troublemakers).
I keep needing to clarify my position on this.
Back in old discord (anime's) he banned you in it because you were annoying. so what do you do? get 50 proxies and keep joining complaining about how you were banned.
I said I`d ban you in-game if you did that shit in a theoretical "official" ephinea discord that doesn't exist.

There is an entire discord/community that is invite-only and was made solely to keep ME out. Do you know how fucking terrible that makes me feel? And the person who made it is supposedly my friend. Not even to mention the fact that "2 discords exist" is why one of them turned into a bully-discord (since they used the other one to talk about PSO - the one I wasn't allowed in).
the public one has over 100 people in it, cant see the exact number, the private one has 40ish.
It keeps out more than just you.

Well Jake is basically a GM for no reason. The only reason he's not "bad" like the Schthack mods is because he doesn't do anything or ban anyone.

If he finally got fed up with me he'd just ban me and hope Sodaboy/Matt doesn't do anything about it. Doesn't matter if he can prove it's me or not, he "technically" doesn't care.
There actually is a reason! it just turns out to be one that isn't relevant anymore.

And why would I ban you? you`re just too much fun

Last edited:
Skylar I can make a new discord just for you so you can ban-evade and spam goatse and pictures of decapitated people all you want.

Rather not have that in my day to day pso discussion tyvm

Rather not have that in my day to day pso discussion tyvm

That happened because new people started joining and bullying me right out of the gate and I snapped.

alright well this thread isn't gonna get anywhere.

Skylar I think you wont be bullied anymore as long as you don't join that discord again
let's all just play psobb and forget about this pointless drama ok
no fighting pls

alright well this thread isn't gonna get anywhere.

Skylar I think you wont be bullied anymore as long as you don't join that discord again
let's all just play psobb and forget about this pointless drama ok
no fighting pls
Screenshots of discord drama are literally being posted in this thread.

How will I "not be bullied anymore" when I am being bullied in this thread on the official Ephinea forums?

just trying to get this thread to stop so that we can all think about more important things like global warming and/or the health of the american economy!!

this thread is now about the game "bully" by rockstar games

alternatively bully demise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back