snorkel

Guildcard
GC-BARANZ_LAUNCHER-ACTION-1.jpg
baranza1.jpg
latest

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the Baranz Launcher MEGATHREAD, a discussion thread for all things Baranz, Garanz, and Baranz Launcher! In this thread we can discuss our favorite enemy from the No Man's Mines of Pioneer 1 on Ragol, and the weapon we can create from his rare drop.

Here are some factoids about "Parts of Baranz", the item used to create "Baranz Launcher":
  • On Episode 1, it drops from Baranz on section IDs Viridia, Greenill, Purplenum, Pinkal, and Whitill.
  • On Episode 2, it drops from Baranz on section IDs Pinkall, and Whitill.
  • Whitill gets Baranz Launcher from both Episode 1 and Episode 2 Baranz.
**(Previously, this thread stated that on Episode I it dropped from Yellowboze, but the loot table has since changed the drops to Pinkal. Likewise, Bluefull no longer sees "Parts of Baranz" drops in Episode II.)

Now, I'll start our discussion off with a bang:

Baranz have blue armor plating, yet the weapon "Baranz Launcher", constructed using "Parts of Baranz", has a green paint job. Is this a mistake on Sega's part, or was this intentional all along? Note that there is no "Garanz Launcher". Personally, I would prefer the weapon have a blue and orange coating, as opposed to its Garanz-themed green and orange paint job. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
You can get a Blue skin for it somewhere. But personally the green looks better. I think I'd prefer black or white with orange.

Last edited:

Rune

Guildcard
Friendly reminder that Ra are only able to handle the girth of one part of Baranz, its girth is unreal

snorkel

Guildcard
Thought I would update this Baranz thread (<3) to say that "Parts of Baranz" no longer drops from Yellowboze in Episode 1, but instead from Pinkal. And also that it no longer drops from Bluefull in Episode 2.

Sentient

Guildcard
yEClZA7.png

If anyone wants to change to blue baranz's launcher it's really easy just download AFSmanager and download the afp file of the baranz's launcher and follow the simple instructions, it should only take a few minutes.

Link for AFSmanager, Instructions and afp skin files.

Ryan

✨ Lucky Lucky
Staff member
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Ephinea also has the ability to individually apply texture patch files without messing about with AFSmanager, applying patches, etc. I've attached a single texture file to this post; if you just drop it into your data\ephinea\custom\texture folder, it should replace Baranz Launcher's texture with the blue version just fine.

Attachments

• File 102.prs
    7 KB · Views: 6

Kevdo

Secret Agent
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Am I the only one who thinks Baranz Launcher isn't worth it because of it's slow projectiles and frequent missing? I don't remember it being that bad before.

SirLagsAlot

Reformed HC User
Guildcard
Am I the only one who thinks Baranz Launcher isn't worth it because of it's slow projectiles and frequent missing? I don't remember it being that bad before.
Ya its slow projectiles and they tend to miss alot in any level of anguish. Maybe when they added anguish they made the AI better idk. Also 4 targets to the regular 5.
Also interestingly the Type SH/Shot does more damage overall from its 5 targets once photon sphered than the ranz’. (Allowing you to spam a zerk, spirit variant freely without burning like 300k a match)

Last edited:

snorkel

Guildcard
maybe, but it looks and sounds really damn cool. Big fan of how the missiles look. Also it's relatively easy to acquire.