• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
PSO has always been a game that's a bit annoying to solo when you're new or levelling, but sometimes there's no open games or your friends aren't online, and you just wanna beat some things around for an hour or so, then go back to your life.

The better quests have always been multiplayer only, but as time has gone on, standards have changed and now solo mode is extremely unrewarding since it's basically free field only, and all the very good stuff is multiplayer only, with some mid-tier quests being mostly ignored.

So, because of this and people asking for it, we want to propose adding the following quests into One Person (don't ask for more, this will be it):

Episode 1

- Mop-Up Series
- Endless Nightmare Series
- Lost Series (not including Lost Havoc Vulcan)

Episode 2

- Phantasmal World Series (plus Villainous Rift so Temple/SS have a quest)
- East/West Tower (already added)

Episode 4

- War of Limits Series
- Mop-Up Series
- Claire's Deal

Furthermore none of these quests will be eligible for the Hunters Boost Road. You must play the quest in multiplayer to build your points and have your drop boost bonus applied. (i.e. even if you have +35% DAR, you will not get this boost playing in One Person, nor will your points increase)

The reason for a selection is so that if you want to do all the best hunting/levelling quests (Lost E2/4, MA4, boss rushes), you'll still need to be strong enough to play them or find people to play with.

So we want to ask, would players want to see these quests available in one person as well, or just leave them multiplayer only? We could also add them with a drop penalty if that makes it acceptable to some more people.

Please leave your comments and thoughts below, and remember that not even Glide Divine will be combo unlocked!

Last edited:
Hell yeah, those times when your friends aren't playing are the worst.
I need some more stuff to do meanwhile!
100% Yes

Yes, i love to play solo-mode.

Drop penalty? Also yes, so there is a reward for playing multi-mode if you are strong enough.

Probs won't make use of it myself but I see no harm in it

I have no strong feelings either way, but if this were to be implemented, a drop penalty would seem a bit arbitrary.

I voted yes because running pw2 pink alone during my free time would be :100: but at the same time I can understand that these quests were designed to be tackled by groups.

Absolutely, yes. There will be less lobby whoring if this happens.

Yes. Playing with a team will always be the most fun, but having a reasonable number of solo options is excellent!

Yes please. Hard to find games when I'm on. Parties usually RES their games. Would love this tbh.

Last edited:
I think Ep2 should get a couple more quests, or so. I know you want to shy away from adding the lost series, so I'm not sure what to recommend.

I dig the idea though.

The MUs are alright but I dunno, those quests are literally designed to make hunting easier so I'd rather keep them in multiplayer. (while this is also true of the VR series to an extent, Temple/SS need at least one quest)

Episode 2 really got the short-end of the stick when it came to quests. Even Episode 4 ended up getting more overall.

Absolutely, yes. There will be less lobby whoring if this happens.

This will never happen. Lots of people only play PSO for the lobby. Like @emoticon

The MUs are alright but I dunno, those quests are literally designed to make hunting easier so I'd rather keep them in multiplayer.

If you end up adding episode 2 malicious uprising to easy mode one person mode, can you remove the timers from multiplayer so I (and others) can actually complete them without playing easy mode? lol. (Perhaps via a button/switch that adds like an hour to the timer, but then also reduces the quest meseta reward to zero as a compromise). Wouldn't really be fair that newbies can finish the quest on one-person mode for optimal Gibbles Psycho Wand hunts, and me + @Melirei + @anime struggle to complete it with a 3 man party.

Note: I voted no, but it seems I'm in the minority, and if it's just a few quests I don't really care that much. Maybe I'll change my vote.

Also for clarity purposes, if "reduced drops" ends up happening for these quests (which, based on the poll it probably won't), make sure to put them in their own category or something and/or add "REDUCED DROPRATE QUEST" to the quest description in all bold so that newbies who don't memorize all the quests (or read the entire forums) know what to expect before loading it up, and don't come to the forums complaining about a "bugged" quest with low DAR.

I don't think there's any need for reduced drops. There's some exceptions with solo FOs, but for the most part, a skilled party will move faster in multimode than a single player will in 1p mode. Also, it's pretty fair that FOs have a few 1p quests they can easily smash through because they don't really do fantastic damage in multimode outside of Ep. 4 lizards.

I think it's important to revisit the DAR reduction in multimode, though. When there's no boosts active (and it's going to be a long time before we see them again), the DAR for a 4-man party is 54%. I'm thinking it needs to be at 70% in order to keep 1p mode from being TOO appealing.

For example:

1-person mode: 100%

Multimode:

1-player: 100%
2-player: 90%
3-player: 80%
4-player: 70% (or maybe 72% so there's a small "bonus" for having a full party, like Diablo)

TLDR: If you place a drop penalty on 1p mode, people will be resentful of it, but the DAR in multimode needs to be revisited so that it stays somewhat competitive.

People worry about changes like this making things too easy, but I've played more than 90% of the people on this server, and I'm nowhere NEAR having 100% ideal gear with Hit % and generating enough PDs to sphere everything. It's going to take years, so I'm not worried about it.

We think of the fast progression on Schtserv (back in the day) as a warning against future change, but Schtserv had 99% duped PDs. The progression on this server is much more reasonable because there's no cheating.

Last edited:
Some of you guys get way too into this shit.

I think it's fine, but what would really be cool are just some NEW one person mode quests altogether. Instead of recycling already existing multiplayer quests, make some new one person mode quests with NPC allies and what not, that'd be dope.

It'd be dope, but that's also a lot of work, and some existing multiplayer quests have fallen off the bandwagon since while they used to be the "best quests", they simply aren't anymore, so it'd be good to give them some use.

There's also no real reason to revisit the DAR penalty, SCHTServ had all solomode quests a long time ago but people still played multiplayer more often than not and they didn't even have PSO2 drops.

It'd be dope, but that's also a lot of work, and some existing multiplayer quests have fallen off the bandwagon since while they used to be the "best quests", they simply aren't anymore, so it'd be good to give them some use.

There's also no real reason to revisit the DAR penalty, SCHTServ had all solomode quests a long time ago but people still played multiplayer more often than not and they didn't even have PSO2 drops.

Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back