About banner items in inaccessible areas

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hi guys!

So after someone dropped a Lavis Cannon earlier in a rock (and thus had to forfeit the item, RIP), I've decided that it would be nice to offer the creation of banner items that drop in inaccessible areas.

If you end up dropping an item that shows a banner, PM me with the following information:

- Party Name
- Item Name
- Character Name / GC / Anything related to your identity
- Approximate time of the drop. Make sure you give a timezone or it'll be harder to help you. (this includes date if you report later)

It is entirely up to you if you wish to submit a screenshot for whatever reason.

Please note that I can easily check if the item was actually picked up or not (and also dropped in the first place), so do not attempt to try and get free items out of this, or I may stop this service / hand out punishments.

You will have to meet me ingame to collect your item, and currently I am available at 4PM~11PM GMT on weekdays, and most of the day on weekends (subject to change).

And just to clarify, the item must have a banner associated with it, so random red boxes that drop out of bounds won't be recovered, sorry!

Last edited:
I thought the server logs the stats of dropped items? You had to generate the stats yourself?

Is there a list anywhere of all the current banner items?

Will this be retroactive? Or just starting with Sonicstop? I remember seeing a few of those posts in the pso pics thread.

the problem is that you may not know its inaccessible till after the banner is gone

here is an example (h/mind for reference):

28k4hnm.jpg

i still appreciate this being done though

Yes, a screenshot is necessary.

No, I will not do anything in those situations. (Though I mean, if you can screenshot the redbox and the banner, something could be done)

Will this be retroactive? Or just starting with Sonicstop? I remember seeing a few of those posts in the pso pics thread.
Nah.

Yes. I mean, if the red dot is on the map with the banner, then you take another screenshot to show the location more in-depth, that's fine too.

what if in my situation where i was half way around he final stage for dark falz and i had to run to grab rr before it faded to black (lhp) how can i run and ss at same time, would that not count because its technically accessible?

I run the game through Steam, and use the Steam's screenshot feature. Works fine for me for that, and still able to use Steam's overlay

Hmm, sometimes you don't know whether the item is accessible or not and you don't think of making a screenshot everytime you get a (good) rare with a banner. I can understand you don't want people to cheat the system but it sounds a bit strict to me. I guess you can check the logs right, to verify it as you have said before? I don't mean to bitch, since this is a great option, just stating my point of view...

The logs don't say who drops the item, because the game leader controls all drops (even with PSO2 drops). I need a screenshot, it's that simple.

Is it possible to force the server to log the stats of the item before pick so the player actually gets the item they really dropped? Or would that break the actual stat generation?

It can be done but that's just more work than it's worth, considering this kind of event is something that doesn't happen often at all.

Fair enough... what would be the problem for instance if there is no screenshot for proof? At least you can see if it is picked up or not and in what party it has dropped... verification from others in the same party would make it more trust worthy as well right? Unless the members in the party are bitching who actually got the drop, it feels like it should be sufficient (albeit a bit work intensive). It has never happpened to me before but I can feel the pain if a lavis cannon drops outside reach in a rock or whatever. Did Sonicstop get his lavis cannon btw? I wish him nothing less lol

Back