3D printed PSO chess

The RAcast's special ability is taking up six squares on the board.
He’s a big lad, that’s for sure, haha.

Original pso designs have some great variety to them. It actually makes it pretty fun to model. The shapes and poses are solid.

@RazakelKairo got any progress or sketches for that planned Olga Flow? That’d be cool to see!

And three cheers for resin printing. As you can see, that’s my go to (original elegoo mars). I’ll look into some file hosting sites as soon as I can.

These look amazing. I'd love to print them myself. The quality is amazing. resin printers can achieve some astounding detail. If you ever do put the STLs up for sale I'll be your first download. I'm in the process of making a full size chess board atm (with normal chess pieces) and these would be a great addition to the project. Keep up the good work mate!

Who knew we had so many 3d designers/printers in the PsoBB community.

He’s a big lad, that’s for sure, haha.

Original pso designs have some great variety to them. It actually makes it pretty fun to model. The shapes and poses are solid.

@RazakelKairo got any progress or sketches for that planned Olga Flow? That’d be cool to see!

And three cheers for resin printing. As you can see, that’s my go to (original elegoo mars). I’ll look into some file hosting sites as soon as I can.
Yeah I have to say between all my printers I highly prefer resin for its detail and flexibility of material strength. Whenever I'm making cool stuff or have to work in parts that require a certain level of toughness, I turn to that. Imo if you get past the risks and requirements I find resin to be far more comfortable to work with so long if you take the necessary safety procedures. But FDM certainly has its worthwhile boons still when it comes to price or part development.

I have nothing really in particular besides a barebones visualization of a podium I want to make, like so:

1626786459354.png

The idea is that the section IDs are interchangeable as I want it and that the figure I wanna place on here is lit up underneath, so I was thinking of Olga Flow specifically because he looks cool. I actually did already print the section IDs. Just gotta paint them.
Not sure what I want to make the actual podium out of yet though but I was thinking of PVC due to that kind of material being pretty easily accessable and sign it in cool PSO-related art or something. Its supossed to be around 75 to 100cm tall, depending if I want to make it table-length or infodesk height.

Basically a fun little all-in-one project that will serve as a showroom model that combines and tests a multitude of skills I provide for clients. The STLS would accompany them greatly lol.

Recently began looking into resin printing for tabletop games, and realized "some nut might have remodeled PSO classes". Would be awesome to drop a RAcast down on a table. For sure keeping this thread in mind.

Any update on this? Would pay for the stl files so I can print and paint the figures!!!! I managed to last year get the three statues Sega released and the hucast model kits!

Hi all, thanks for reminding me about this project! I was sidetracked by a few other activities--and HUcaseal is being difficult to model.

But since you've all been good enough to keep an interest in these models, I've uploaded them to the web where you can purchase the ones that I've finished so far. Thanks again for all your interest! I'm happy they'll be of some use to you folks.

I've tried to set the price pretty low but if for whatever reason some of you still have trouble finding spending money, just give me a personal message and we should be able to work out a deal. I'm just doing this for fun so I don't want to hold back any files if it's a question of money.

Here's the site: https://www.cgtrader.com/classicsculpts

Best of luck printing! I'll get to work on more of the characters!

@Dr Grindrod, sorry for the delay--I've not gotten around to modeling much lately. I will try to fit in some time to wrap up the HUcaseal. In the meantime, i'll tease my progress so far. Thanks for staying enthusiastic about it! I appreciate the compliment.
Do you have a private email to contact about more pso work? happy to pay for the files to get them done quicker :)

If he pays you to finish the HUcaseal let us know lol I would like to print that for my work desk thats for sure.

If he pays you to finish the HUcaseal let us know lol I would like to print that for my work desk thats for sure.
Meh. Cluttering your workspace is overrated. I can't fit half my things on my desk. The more stuff you buy you'll eventually run out of room especially if its clutter.

Back