Extending the olive branch to Schtserv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new changes turn SCHT into PSO/Vanilla--, basically.

PGF at 1/1800
Locked Last Swan (Why? It's fine unlocked and is so in vanilla)
Altered LK38
Super hard rates for basic items. Seriously, Cent/Ability isn't even that good.

Those are not changes that scream "fun" to me.

My man Ade, even if your idea isn't feasable, one can appreciate the empathy.

Imo I'm not a fan of voicing my opinion on other servers myself so I'm keeping that for myself. Here be a simple "good luck" instead and especially a genuine "have fun".

Re. migration assistance - what happened to Character Import? Perhaps it was disabled from drama? I remember one server saw it as "stealing their players" despite it halving levels and removing all items. There will always be someone who will see "migration help" as predatory, opportunistic, or "poaching."

I used to dream of a "Unified Character-Save System" - a merged shipgate - shared character EXP, separate Inventories per server Ship. I believe there are too many differing personalities and old unforgiven wounds for such unity to occur. I'd love to be proven wrong, though . . .

Last edited:
I would love to see Scht continue to support PSO GC + Ep. 3, as those are vital components of PSO's history. However, it would be amazing if Scht used this as an opportunity to get players started on Ephinea. It may not happen, but I can attest, after raising 4 characters to Lv. 200 on pre-wipe Scht and 6 Lv. 200s on Ephinea, that Ephinea is the definitive PSO experience.

Okay, I see what the people want. I'm gonna make my own server with H-VH rates at 1800 a piece and all Ultimate drops the same as Whitill Guld drop. Rare finds would truly be rare finds. Come on down to TGMK's 1/28,000 PSOBB server!

Take this with a grain salt as someone who has never played on your server, and for better or worse, i dont plan on ever doing so in the future...but why would someone like me try Schtserv out when the possibility of a data wipe always looms in the background down the line? Theres nothing worse that investing your time trying out a new thing if you know for certain it will all be for naught sooner or later. Im not here criticizing your changed items or whatnot, im just having a hard time seeing whats the incentive here when you cant guarantee another data wipe wont happen again.

Either way, i really hope you can get this back up and running on its feet, as i know there are a lot of ppl that enjoy servers such as this (where things are tweaked/changed/etc).

tenor.gif

EDIT: Wait... Yuffie, why are you posting as if you're Varista? We know that's your alt account.

Last edited:
Unlocking DF and lowering its ATP by 100 still makes it better than locked DF.

LK unlocked, but reduced to 0 ATP, 0 ATP and locked from HUct renders it completely useless. Vanilla LK >>

Locking Last Swan…? Vanilla LS >>

None of these changes seem sensical in regards to their use in game and obviously aren’t vanilla (I don’t think this is really the goal anyway). These changes right off the bat lead down the same path that caused the issue Scht has now. A bunch of fucked up items that ruin the game play.

I don't think PSO GC will ever be obsolete. It has Ep. 3, so having everything on one platform is nice. A lot of PSO players don't like to voice chat.

That said, my dumb idea turned into way more of a topic than I imagined. Neat.
Your heart simply took over the keyboard luv! Should we reach out a little moar to SCHTserv survivors? YAS!! Should we make any special 'concessions' just for them to join Ephinea?? HELLLLLL NO!! Soda-Samas most likely doesn't need to stress himself to redo or rewrite Anything yadda yadda yadda! SCHT warriors are coming here on their own anyway...would be Wonderful if any former staff member would remember their inner gamer and come here to PLAY again too....u kno? Ade'-Kun, NO ONE here had any DUMB IDEAS or any 'idea' that this thread would rattle a few cages. But it did....aaaand we're working it out...no? *shares her popcorn* ♡

Last edited:
My 2 cents

Schthack problems were mainly related with discarding player investment, either poor planing and things that agravated the community, even if it was 1 player at a time, some users were not honest, engaged in pointless server wars and this created this stigma that schthack wasn't a great place to have fun, either the server would screw you over or a moderator/admin would.

And so, 1 by 1 players would leave/quit because ultimately that was a better thing to do, players would be happy not playing and not listening to some nonsense.

Schthack isn't something players associate with 1 single minor problem, it's usually big problems that end up screwing up large portions of the playerbase and this happens multiple times, how many wipes have been done really?

Players simply don't trust the server, it's PSO, it's an old game, the players often playing aren't new to the game itself, you have to lure the veterans to it somehow and if the only thing you can garantee is server wipes and the loss of backups, players will simply skip the server.

I understand how everyone here feels, to be honest. Like many of you who played on Scht for years, there were many things I disliked about the server. Over the years, nothing ever got better on the server, it just got worse. I started playing on Scht in 2007 and I was still playing in May 2015 before it went down. Many issues plagued Scht over the years: the drama, admins management of the server, the corruption in the staff, new custom weps in 2010, etc. I am seeing people compare the servers of now and based on the past.

Schtserv was riddled with many issues. No doubt, it did hurt the experience. The community overall is what made Scht a fun place. There is nothing wrong with admitting you enjoyed Scht and have been enjoying Ephinea ever since it started in 2015. The issues that plagued Scht are no different than most games at their peak though, I wish more people would recognize this fact. I am not excusing it, but it is a reality of many games. Let's not pretend due to the hurt of what has happened on Scht, that Scht was not a fun place to play back in the day though.

Kireek is 100% right, most scht players still playing now, they were players who played Scht religiously. I am going to get some backlash for this one. Most of us knew exactly what server we were playing on. For me, it was never a trust issue on Scht. I also know some of you are lying about that. Like most things, I knew Scht would end at some point. I see all these people complaining about the first wipe still. Did none of you play in the final months of the game? Scht felt like a shell of its former self, and it felt like a ghost town. The server 100% needed a reset. The real issue here is the incompetence of Crono not having a backup. Don't get me wrong, I am still frustated over it too. It should not have happened. It should of have been a choice among the community though to keep the server data or to wipe, not through Crono's incompetence to not do something as basic as backup the server.

As for this current topic, my opinion on the matter is I agree with Spflash's opinion. At the same, let's wish Varista the best of luck, and hope that things on Scht can now change for the better. If you don't want to play on Scht, just don't play there. It is literally that simple. Continue having fun here, like you all have been since Scht went down. Let's not bash servers though

Good evening Mr. Soda Boy, everyone who make part of community of Ephinea server, I hope everyone is well. After see this topic and read some comments i will say that on the one hand I feel comfortable in this forum, to see how people share ideas freely and openly, something that is not known in scht... and you will not need to stop and detail a lot to realize it, just go and see the scht forum. I personally owe my thanks to this scht server but nowadays talking about scht is not talking about scht it does not even resemble what it was before, talking about scht is only talking about his new admin varista... and it is not because varista is the only one to take care of that server... On the other hand, I feel relieved that what is happening in scht serves as learning for those who suddenly want to have a good time playing this incredible game and out of desperation fall into this server called scht, definitely when you have an unpleasant experience in a playing place a game that brings you so many memories you end up having a bad image and you will be totally disinterested in this game. a PSO server it's made by a community of players does not made by a single player by developing weapons and implementing changes to his liking just to satisfy his own ego without caring about others and without a doubt this game needs more than weapons and ego to support itself a long time on a server, in the end this kind of satisfaction ends in a terrible way.
At no time do I want to offend someone with my opinion, I respect everyone's opinion even if they agree or not with me, I simply give them my opinion based on my experience and my knowledge playing on this server, especially in the last few months, before that all good.

I am not the one to recommend something here, but I would like to tell that for continue to maintain this community healthily and happily, please do not cross your mind to include this new scht admin varista in your staff or in the projects of this server. I will not give details of many things that I know because I do not want to cause controversy, I am satisfied in a friendly way to tell this.

As for the old scht players, many have been playing on this server for a long time and if someone has not come, they will come by themselves, without doubt.

Kind regards to all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back