"Your Client Executable is Too Old..."

Abracadabra

"Please update your client through the Patch Server."

I am new to PSOBB Ephinea and am trying to run the client in OSX through Wine/WineBottler, so I may need some slightly unconventional help in order to solve my problem...or its super simple and I am just not savvy enough to figure it out. This may seem dumb, but:

What is the Patch Server?
How do I connect to it in order to update my client?
Is there anything i need to do on OSX or through Wine/Winebottler in order to do this properly?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
HAPPY TO BE HERE!

- Abracadabra

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 11.16.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 11.16.53 PM.png
    626.2 KB · Views: 60
You need to launch the game through online.exe to get all the latest updates.

Sorry...I don't really know what that is. Is that a separate program I need to download to launch the game with?

Thanks for the help!

No, it's not a separate program, it is the launcher. It'll be where psobb.exe is.

Technically... its a separate program :p, but as Matt said (and the news screen says it too), run the game from the launcher to update the game.

Oh, I meant to type "it's not a program you need to download separately", but it's 5AM and I should really get to sleep.

I have poked around a bit and i am a little confused, because the program i am using (winbottler) changes the game .exe to a .app to enable my computer (mac) to run it. I am unable to locate any online.exe file, and am wondering if the Wine suite is disabling me from launching the game properly. sorry if this is a bit dumb...im just not very good with this kind of stuff.

"Please update your client through the Patch Server."

I am new to PSOBB Ephinea and am trying to run the client in OSX through Wine/WineBottler, so I may need some slightly unconventional help in order to solve my problem...or its super simple and I am just not savvy enough to figure it out. This may seem dumb, but:

What is the Patch Server?
How do I connect to it in order to update my client?
Is there anything i need to do on OSX or through Wine/Winebottler in order to do this properly?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
HAPPY TO BE HERE!

- Abracadabra
lmk if it crashes when the first polys appear (char select/creation)
then you have the mip map issue where you need to recompile a couple of wine binaries.
there are a few workarounds to this though
spoiler: get ready to downgrade wine, too

I can create characters, but it crashes every time i am connecting to a lobby - any idea of what i should do next? i kept all of my graphical parameters at default and didn't change any options in the launcher :/ thanks for your continued help!

not sure, i followed a guide where I used Homebrew terminal functions to install it, so likely the latest version.

edit: i found this guide online here as a popular, flagged forum post. Not exactly sure where ATM.

Attachments

• OSX PSOBB setup guide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 57
thanks. i have no idea how to make a patch or what have you...i might move in the direction of partitioning my hard drive if i dont find an answer, as i am not very terminal/code literate.

You don't really need much knowledge as Eidolon did all the work already, but if you run into issues it might be difficult.

Back