Would like to help with development

while

Hi. I started playing PSO again recently and it led to finding your forum here. I saw the posts about reviving the development and I would like to join the team, if at all possible. Please let me know if there's any interest in having me around. Thanks in advance either way.

Now that there is more visible development activity going on, time to try again!

I'm still interested in helping out with server development. My background is heavy on C/C++. To provide food for my mouth, I test code in hopes that it helps make man-made things less likely to fall out of the sky.

Since last posting, I've done my own poking around in the tethealla_source_032111 source base and in the client binaries every once in a while when there was free time and I was otherwise bored. I have greatly cleaned up the CRYPT_PC_* set of functions in the patch server and the pso_crypt_*_bb functions in the login server.

Would love to join the server development team, if possible. Please let me know either way. I'm glad to see some development action on the forum here.

Just hang on for a bit, I think once the server is released, they'll open up a github and people will be able to contribute. They just need to make the release playable with the features mentioned in that other topic. Kind of a mega update.

I agree with @Mylandra. I'm sure there are plenty of people who wish to contribute. Github will be more manageable than recruiting specific members.

All that's totally fine. The issue was that when I originally posted months ago (totally been hanging on already) there were no responses so I didn't know what was actually happening. Now there's more forum action and I tossed out a reminder that I'm still here.

We'll see what happens, though I am hoping to get my thoughts straightened out by a developer response. Mylandra's "I think" is unsure and I don't recall if there was any other talk about a git repo becoming available. Correct me if I'm wrong, my memory sucks.

Hello While. The plan is to get the source to a stage so that we can all work on the source at the same stage. As there are frequent changes to the code at the moment it wouldn't make sense to make the code public just yet. Once we have the source released we can look at adding official team members to the development team. Unofficial developers will have the opportunity to branch from the source and submit any enhancements at which point maybe added to the official code and the dev's title changed to contributor or offered an official position, and of course credits given.

Cool. It wasn't obvious to me what was going on for this sort of situation, so thank you for the clarification. I'll check back later once things go public.

Back