Wont connect to server before char. select

goodOwl

Hello, I'm new to the Ephinea server, but old to PSO. I just downloaded it, and that went smoothly. The game launches fine, but I've run into one issue. After putting my login info, and pressing "start game", a loading screen appears that says "Connection in progress. Please wait." This is where I'm stuck. It's either taking longer than I'm used to, or it's just stuck on this screen, because I have yet to see what comes after. Anybody else run into this issue?

Having this same issue. Troubleshooted from various angles with no success. If I let the client hang long enough on the ‘Connection in progress. Please wait . . .’ screen, after about 20 minutes I’ll receive an Error 916 server full.

Has anyone been able to successfully resolve this issue on their own? From my end I’ve tried just about everything to no avail.

Having this same issue. Troubleshooted from various angles with no success. If I let the client hang long enough on the ‘Connection in progress. Please wait . . .’ screen, after about 20 minutes I’ll receive an Error 916 server full.

Has anyone been able to successfully resolve this issue on their own? From my end I’ve tried just about everything to no avail.
Do you see DLL ERROR! on the bottom left during this screen? Is ephinea.dll in the EphineaPSO folder?

Do you see DLL ERROR! on the bottom left during this screen? Is ephinea.dll in the EphineaPSO folder?

Thank you for the reply Ender.
No signs of any DLL ERROR!
ephinea.dll is in my Ephinea folder as well.

Tried doing a clean re-install as well as logging in from my friend’s client (completely different PC) and the same error persists leading me to believe the issue is with my account. Been effectively locked out of my account since October 5th owing to this. Toggling compatibility modes, Wi-fi or LTE bands also fruitless, the latter being a proven method of resolving small connection issues I’ve faced in the past since playing on Ephinea starting Summer 2018.

Running Windows 8. No AV software.

Quick update — my friend is able to log into his account on my client just fine. Therefore my troubleshooting here lets me know that this issue seems to be completely out of my hands. If anyone has anything else to suggest, I’ll give it a whirl as I’m not expecting that this magically solves itself — but I do intend to get back online and would appreciate any and all help in resolving this.

Yeah, it sounds like something is up with your account if your friend was able to login on your client (which means your PC?). You should probably contact one of the GMs and ask them to check if they might see a reason? @anime @Ryan

@Treize DM me with your guild card/character name and the last time you logged in on it, I'll see if I can find anything.

Update: Contacted three administrators so far over this, and still facing this issue. Would love to have it resolved so I can play all my characters again.

Ryan assured me my GC is fine and that I’m not banned, which is a relief that gives me some hope, but I’m still worried because I’ve never faced an issue like this — keeping me unable to log into my account since the 5th of October.

I’ve been playing for over two years here. Any Ephineans able and willing to help solve this are greatly appreciated, as I have exhausted all options on my end to correct this.

Back