Why so much hype about mechguns?

Well I'd say sphere the really high attack stuff first, such as Excalibur, Heaven Striker, etc., then work your way down. But only use them on a good weapon with a good amount of hit for how rare that weapons is, like 30+ for very rare and powerful excal/hs, 40+ for strong weapons like Rambling May or that sort of thing, and 50+ for easy to get weapons. 60+ for non-rares.

Anyway, that aside, I think I've found why I just don't really like the mechguns on my RAcast or my FOmarl. The thing is, playing with wasd makes it hard to aim accurately. It's so much easier to get aimed well enough with the HS or RM that they just end up being better for me. I also really like the freedom of being able to move quickly again after starting an attack and really use that to my advantage so the faster attacking weapons are just super nice for me.
Yeah, using Mechguns on a keyboard is very unforgiving. Mechguns have very long ending animations that lock your character in place for the duration. You have to be perfect with how you position your character and usage of the camera. Repositioning character and camera for Deldepths come into mind...It's extremely annoying to FT with mechguns due to their long animations, whereas HS is extremely quick to FT + re aim.

On a Cast, using FTs helps mitigate this, so in situations where I need to just kill one high priority mob, I'd FT and use Excal/C Vulc since I have more time to position my character.

In situations with multiple high priority mobs like say last room of PW3, HS is much better than a Mech because of shorter animations and it being more mechanically forgiving.

It's really dependent on what quests you're trying to spam/HBR and what type of mobs/floors you're going to most often be in. So if you're spamming a Falz quest(TTF/LHP), maybe sphering HS is better than a Mech, etc.

Back