What's your ranger setup?

Just curious how everyone's setup is armor,shield, and units. Here is my pathetic setup and please let me know what I should change.
L mantle
Secret gear(haven't found anything better!)
H/battle
H/power
Cent/ability
Cent/ability
Level 200 mag 5/150/45/0

For your shield you could obtain RA wall from gallons. (300 points needed). It gives 20 ata boost. And v101 instead of H/battle. est is fine IMO. Depends on what your mat plan is.

I am too lazy to type my setup out this very moment.

I've been hunting a 101 for over a week. Every night for 3 or 4 hours... damn birds won't drop ish. I'll check gallons shop out for the wall. I started using pow mats and after 30 or so I decided to max out my luck so Ive been waiting on that before I start using them.

Would help a bit to know which Ranger class you have.

I've been hunting a 101 for over a week. Every night for 3 or 4 hours... damn birds won't drop ish. I'll check gallons shop out for the wall. I started using pow mats and after 30 or so I decided to max out my luck so Ive been waiting on that before I start using them.

Zu hunting is a bish sometimes.

Would help a bit to know which Ranger class you have.

^

hmm for RAmarl I use
Brightness Circle/LT Mantle
RedRing
V101
Cent/ability (SOLD ADEPT FOR DANK PROFIT)
Heavenly/hp
v801/v502 depending on what I'm doing

only differences when I use RAcaseal are I use PB/increase allthetime and RangerWall/BlackHoundCuirass

You're a RAmar right?
I'd recommend swapping out the H/power for an H/arm to max out your ATA quickly.
Also RANGERWALL.
I wouldn't stress about not having a V101 tho, it's a good upgrade but it doesn't really change much until you're nearing 100luck (23 Luck mats + V101 + Adept + RedRing) but even then, it's not huge.

Also maybe have another armor to swap to if you're in a party with people using traps, just to avoid detonating them early

My RAmar is equipped with:

Aura Field
- v101
- v502
- Heavenly/Arms
- Heavenly/Power
Ranger Wall

Will be using RR once I hit 180 (obvi). And I plan on switching the Heavenly units out with Adept and Cent/Ability when I get them.

My RAmar:
Lt Mantle/DFfield
-V101
-Adept
-V502
-cure/unit
RedRing/RA wall
200 mag

My RAcast is pretty much the same, but still LF decent hit Spread needle and no adept so room for extra cure/unit or other cool iten

Edit: Only just realised thread was asking about armors/units

Last edited:
RAmar:

Lieutenant Mantle

V101
V502
V801
Cure/Confuse
Cure/Freeze
Cure/Paralysis
Cure/Shock
PB/Increase
PB/Increase

Red Ring

Tellusis
5/160/35/0
T/E/P

Racast
BHC
v101
v502
H/arm
C/Freeze
Gratia (need to buy ranger wall or mash buttons like ade) to be replaced by RR

Should we also update with weapons or are those just "givens"?

use stealth suit so you don't have to deal with the "rubberbanding" issue

its mostly noticed on mechguns but all guns do it

Also going to second Stealth Suit, apart from Lt. Mantle and D-Parts, it's definitely one of the most useful armours for RA. DFP is alright but I find utility and/or damage to be much more useful.

If you use a ranged weapon, un-equip it and then equip it later on and fire immediately (before letting it load, since obviously you want to use it ASAP), the first attack will be shot from where you last un-equipped the weapon instead of where you're stood, meaning the bullets will either be tremendously late or they'll miss entirely since the enemy moved out of the way already.

Stealth Suit stops this issue.

Otherwise known as sling-shotting as well.

If you use a ranged weapon, un-equip it and then equip it later on and fire immediately (before letting it load, since obviously you want to use it ASAP), the first attack will be shot from where you last un-equipped the weapon instead of where you're stood, meaning the bullets will either be tremendously late or they'll miss entirely since the enemy moved out of the way already.

Stealth Suit stops this issue.

Oh, yeah that shit. Didn't know there was a name for it, lol. It's hilarious but can be such a pain in the ass.

Current set up is basically as follows:

Go-to weapons: Arrest Needle, C Vulcs, CR, HS, FS, SoF, MKB (excal > mkb all day long but i'm a scrub), Hell Laser
Armor: lt mantle (using mainly to avoid rather than clear traps) but am soon making my VA: lafuteria
Units: h/bat, v502, c/ab, and h/pow and sometimes c/freeze /shock when necessary.
Shield: ra wall until RR
Mag: A standard pow/dex with mylla & youlla is fine until you max ata and/or atp. Get a mag with invinc triggers so you can exploit zerk or something during those nanner nanner nanner can't touch me fgt falz moments.

This isn't my ideal setup but it's been working well so far!

v101 is nice but h/bat is good until you need to start thinking about maxing out. Then you can think of what stats your mag will need with all your endgame shit equipped.
v801 basically replaces v502 during boss battles if you have one collecting dust. Not critical but is a neat tool for certain situations. Might be more useful to you than me since I use ramar.
ADEPT is dank but you'll benefit only from 1 of its 3 major functions; the luck boost. ATA will max quick for you regardless. You probably don't use up all your fluids as is so the while the 25 tp reduction sounds good, you may not even notice it and especially if you're thinking of using spirit or something anyway. Only useful for techs which, again, you might make more use of than I. The other stat boosts are negligible compared to c/ab or straight heavenly units. That's just my thinking on the matter.

Back