What's your "day job?"

I work at a zoo where I am part of a small team who goes out and harvests bamboo (and other edible plants, as well) for our pandas (and other animals, but like 95% for pandas) to consume. We, and about three other zoos, also export bamboo to the Toronto Zoo for their pandas, due to the scarcity of healthy bamboo year-round there.

I used to run a bar.
I've recently added the positions of "Delivery Driver" and "Professional Loser" to my résumé.

i was gonna start a thread for this but ended up finding it anyway, so "bump." great to see what everyone around here does (or doesn't ;) )

i'm a musician...but not in the sense that "i'm in a band." i play in the bass section of a major symphony orchestra as well as being assistant principal of a smaller (but still formidable) one. i also teach, and freelance jazz playing whenever possible.

i used to play the bar circuit with 2-3 bands when i was in college, but now i have "big kid jobs."

Retail management for the past 11 years. Although technically it's 10 years, as I took a year out about 3 years ago to go backpacking around Australia.

I did not miss my job.

Currently looking to go into emergency response for the ambulance service when I finally get my drivers license nailed down.

I drive around in a fully tinted van with "free candy" spray painted on the side.

JK I cut trees and do mechanic stuff, I would be welding all day but nobody wants to hire a gringo where I live.

Work for plumbing company as a helper. We dig holes and replace pipe in grocery stores mostly.

U Haul. I work as a welder and build the frames and subassemblies for their trucks and trailers. On the side I'm an assistant martial arts instructor that also loves their PSO :3

I'm doing a full-time degree in Mental Health Nursing. I'm currently on my 5th placement (of 6), and am placed with a community mental health team.

Back