What's the story behind your name?

As a kid, I was always thrilled by astronomy. I wanted to learn everything. I used to ask my parents to take me to the library every weekend, spending hours reading astronomy books. My mom would wonder why I was so fascinated by grown up books, and thought that 10-year-olds should be reading comic books. She was looking at a page in the book I had open (below) then said, "You really need friends, lets go my little Serpentarius!" That was the last time I went to the library until I was older, by then, I no longer had any interest in astronomy, but (my little Serpentarius stuck with me!)

Ophiuchus /ɒfiˈjuːkəs/ is a large constellation located around the celestial equator. Its name is from the Greek Ὀφιοῦχος "serpent-bearer", and it is commonly represented as a man grasping the snake that is represented by the constellation Serpens. Ophiuchus was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd-century astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations. It was formerly referred to as Serpentarius /sɜːrpənˈtɛəriəs/ and Anguitenens.

Although there are plenty of IceMans (IceMen?) in comics and whatnot, I picked it because I love Top Gun and the name stuck out to me. I'm trying to remember when I first started using it...honestly, no joke, PSO on GC was one of my first online games and I know I used it then (in like 2000-2001) and shortly after that I got an Xbox and started using it there, so PSO might have been one of the first times I started using it. I don't remember playing any online games before PSO.

Mine is an abbreviated version of my AIM name given to me by a friend.

I used to go into GameStop and dream about all the cool games I couldn't afford. I asked if I could trade my Dreamcast in for money, and the girl behind the counter said "I wish you could... I've never had a Dreamcast." I asked her if she wanted it, since I couldn't sell it.

Years later, a friend of mine brings me to her house to hang out, because they are friends. I asked if she worked at GameStop. "Yes!" I asked if some nerd gave her a Dreamcast years prior... "OMG! You're that... You're...Kid!"

She meant that I'm the kid who just gave her a free Dreamcast.

After that, we spoke a lot. She told me to get AIM since I was new to computers in 2008, and created my account for me...

"The Great Mr. Kid"

Nowadays it's just TGMK, which is also my Smash 4 handle. :)

I used to go into GameStop and dream about all the cool games I couldn't afford. I asked if I could trade my Dreamcast in for money, and the girl behind the counter said "I wish you could... I've never had a Dreamcast." I asked her if she wanted it, since I couldn't sell it.

Years later, a friend of mine brings me to her house to hang out, because they are friends. I asked if she worked at GameStop. "Yes!" I asked if some nerd gave her a Dreamcast years prior... "OMG! You're that... You're...Kid!"

After that, we spoke a lot. She told me to get AIM since I was new to computers in 2008, and created my account for me...

"The Great Mr. Kid"

I knew recognized this tag. you in s.fl?

"The Great Mr. Kid"

That is one epic tale.

Sam > Spam > Spaz > Spuz

Well, I guess when I posted this I was lazy to give anymore info but heres how it is:

Sam = my irl name (Samuel).
Spam = the beyond irritating nickname my older brother referred to me during childhood.
Spaz = my 1st online gaming profile, fifa, 2002 (or something like that, it was a football game, give or take a year). Couldn't think of a name and Spaz was easily made from Spam with a letter swap, so I rolled with it.
Spuz = my next online encounter (psopc ver2?), undecided on a name due to Spaz being retarded, I easily changed it to Spuz with a letter swap, I rolled with it.

Only to years later find out the profanity and insults that result to the name. But I found it amusing and still do. I got addicted to PSO like 90% of people here. The name stuck, years later it's still Spuz (sometimes Spuzman) and I'm still on PSO. I've been called a million things starting with Spuz over the years. Spuzie, spuzzy, spuzzle etc. The list is endless.

My main characters previous to this server had always been 'Spuz' or a different letter/space or ID. This server i decided to switch it up and go with all different names but still based around the name I am known for, Spuz, or mostly just start 'Sp'.

Spooz my main racast who someone icr referred to as 'sounds like Spuz but retarded' which I found hilarious.

Spoko is my main HUmar's named is a Polish word which I guess was somesort of a way in paying respect to my latest relationship.

Zups is Spuz backwards because he's an alt account and I thought it sounded badass too. (considering changing some of my alt mains who need lvling to this?)

The rest, Spizzle, Spuzzy, etc have no particular meaning other than being based around the name. Other than that...i guess 'The Orange dude' (story for another time) or 'Spuzman' have both become other names I've been known by and sometimes I mix it up.

Last edited:
The current name is technically a play on 'Misery', though closer aimed towards a butchered translation of Misery's name from Cave Story, that being 'Mizary' or 'Mizaly'.

Most of my previous aliases have been based off some other game - Raybrandt, one of my other long standing names, included.

I don't talk about my alias before that.

Was doing data backups at work like 8 years ago and had to check the archivebit on a set of data to see if it was worth the time.

Dreamcaster is a name I use only here (on the forum) for now. It obviously comes from the Dreamcast console and means pretty much the same thing. Being able to play PSO again, and not only with offline mode, is a dream come true for me. Lately, I came across a lot of people on the net that aren't aware of the private servers for PSO or at least don't know about Ephinea. When I share the info/links with them, I kinda cast that dream on them too so it explains why I chose this name. Helping others to make their dreams come true is one of the best things in life imo. :)

Aezgaroth: His name comes from the first character I made on WoW a few years ago. I wanted something that ended with "roth" as a tribute to Sephiroth from FF7, which is probably my favorite "vilain" of all times due to a lot of things that we have in common. Funny thing is, after playing WoW a bit more I soon found out that the planet on which most of WoW's story unfolds is named Azeroth... Apparently there's no such thing as coincidence in life, maybe its true. :p

Nozomi: The first character I created on Ephinea. Her name comes from one of the main characters of Shenmue, one of my all time favorite game series released on the Dreamcast, just like PSO. I also did a bit of studying and discovered this: From Japanese 希 (nozo) "hope" and 実 (mi) "fruit" or 美 (mi) "beautiful". So Nozomi basically means "hope" in Japanese and that's exactly how I felt when I learned about Ephinea so I guess its a perfect match. :)

HK-4X: I took the name from HK-47, an assassin Droid from SW:KotoR. I just replaced the "7" with "X", giving his name (in fact more like a serial number) a more secretive feel, since we don't truely know its last digit, and also as a double tribute to Mega Man X. Anyone who played SW:KotoR before will remember who HK-47 is, no doubt about it. Right meatbags? :D

Naomi: I still had Nozomi's name on my mind and messed with the letters a bit. Finally came out with Naomi. From Japanese 直 (nao) meaning "straight" and 美 (mi) meaning "beautiful" and she sure is. Also, in Hebrew it means "pleasantness" which I guess fits a support oriented FO very well. I've always found that name to be very cute anyway and it's also a tribute to the system used in some of the classic Sega arcade cabinets. ;)

Mako: Another reference to FF7, the Mako Energy being the "fuel" extracted from the life stream by the Shinra Industries. The main purpose for creating her was to "fuel" myself with items I wanted to get ASAP on Oran ID. Her name's also a double reference to Mako Sato, a female driver from the Initial D anime and damn that woman could melt my hearth down if she was real and I could meet her irl. And of course, Sato is not exactly a new name either in the world of PSO. Everything's related, it's a conspiracy. Maybe the AVGN was right when he said "The Sega" is trying to conquer the world. :O

Nolim: The main purpose for creating him was to get a Bluefull ID mainly for two things I needed. That is, being able to farm Limiter units AND unseal them, even at the same time if I wanted. So his name can mean "no limiter" since I had none when I created him but now it simply means "no limit" since he's a walking-nuking-machine used to remove the limitations on the units with the unsealing process. Curiously I couldn't find a lot of external info on that name on the net so I basically invented it myself.

Trigster: He his my newest character, just created him yesterday. The main purpose for creating him was to get that sweet Purplenum ID on a character in order to hunt for a few things including DAT wand, you know the one I'm talking about. Here's the logic behind the name... Purp is a very good ID for Ranger... I already have a Racast and a Ramarl... so I went with Ramar. Now "Trig" refers to triggers on guns... and since Ramars have a few tricks in their bag , almost like Ramarls, he's somewhat a trickster... so mix all that and you get Trigster, my badass purple Ramar. :)

Yeah I know... People often tell me I tend to overthink things but that's just the way I am folks. ;)

Last edited:
So There i was, registering for the Scht forums, and i needed a name.....

I used to play World of Warcraft Religiously. Started to loose interest (mostly because of the introduction of "Gear Score" and daily quests, and gold becoming so easy to get.), so i looked for another game. By some stroke of luck, I found the world of Blue Burst PSO. I had played GC in the past, so I thought it would be a great change of pace from WoW.

Well, Warlock was my favorite class on WoW, and my dumb ass just stole some guy's name that had a decked out warlock in all BiS raid gear from the Sunwell raid. Guy's name was Nytesong. Good name for a Warlock right?

Darkfalz

I was lazy making my forum name. My in game characters are all named Avengalex which I got trying to come up with a corny name for my failed youtube channel that no one else had anywhere (started a new IT job and I never got around to making any more videos).

I got this handle when I was 9 and tried to get into Lego Drome Racing. I figured you'd need quick hands to beat a game (and I watched Arthur so fourhands451 was stuck in my head for a bit), So I tried Quickhand. Someone else took the name, and I didn't know what to do. I figured I could make it a little bit like username I saw in Arthur and throw a 4 at the end of it. Still taken. In a rush of fury i slapped on 13, and my internet handle was born. (Also, because of this series of events, it's pronounced Quickhand four thirteen, not Quickhand four hundred and thirteen)

As for my ingame character BlueFroMan, I made a character with a sick-looking blue afro, but BlueAfroMan was too long to fit in the name select. Thus, the A was dropped.

Guess I'll meld with the crowd on this.

I got "harika" from the Turkish word meaning "wonderful". I have a very kind Turkish friend I call "abla" meaning like "big/older sister" whom I chat with everyday. One day, I was throwing Turkish phrases to our chat, then she said my Turkish is going "harika". I was delighted upon hearing it. I think it sounds nice and rings to my ears and when I landed in Ephinea I just decided to use it as my forum name. :)

Nina came from breath of fire 3, when i was at a friends house for a week when i was much younger and we played it to death. I loved playing spell casters in those types of games and idk i just really liked her name.

Although the first name i stole from that name was garr, my hucast on gamecube. I made a FOney on scht as my first char and used Nina and now it stuck pretty much ever since.

Although the amount of times people think im russian because of using Nina, is kinda amusing >.<

Back