What's the point of Greenill here?

Sorry for the wait, @Dab.

Here's my input on this whole thing:

In my opinion, Greenill is the worst Section ID for all-around drops between Episode 1, 2, and 4. However, that doesn't mean that it's completely useless if you have the means to host a party with Greenill for a specific hunt or combination of hunts.

The only significant hunts worth using Greenill for, in my opinion, are:

Ultimate:
  • Forest
    • Sil Dragon, Rianov 303SNR-5, 1/64
  • Temple
    • Hildetorr, Agito 1983, 1/1.14
  • Spaceship
    • Delsaber, Handgun: Guld, 1/40329
  • Crater
    • Boota, Heavenly/Arms, 1/1706.67
    • Ze Boota, Red Odoshi Domaru, 1/1077.89
    • Dorphon Eclair, Cannon Rouge, 1/2
    • Astark, Kusanagi, 1/438.07
Very Hard:
  • CCA/Tower
    • Gi Gue, Stink Frame, 1/45.71
  • Crater/Subterranean Desert
    • Satellite Lizard, Heavenly/Arms, 1/2482.42
  • Subterranean Desert
    • Goran, Ignition Cloak, 1/2482.42
    • Goran Detonator, Photon Crystal, 1/265.97
If you have the time and resources, I think it's a good investment to level up Section ID characters on separate account(s) whose only purpose is to host parties for you.

That way you can play on the character you want to play in party with your desired Section ID.

Yes, Greenill sucks, there is almost no point to it. It has some hunts, but 99% of them can be done on other IDs which drop more items overall.

Frozen Shooter → Other ID (especially Yellowboze)
Holy Ray → Better on Bluefull (can also drop Heaven Punisher while hunting it)
Parts of Baranz → Other IDs (Yellowboze gets this too, wow)
Kasami Bracer → Literally impossible because Canune and Redria gets a much better drop rate (Yellowboze also drops this on Sinow Blue AND S-Red's Arms in the same area)
Bringer's Right Arm → Other ID (like Yellowboze lulz, which also gets Guardianna in the area)
Spread Needle → Other ID (such as Yellowboze)

Handgun: Guld → This is probably one of the only worthwhile hunts, but nobody plays Spaceship and it's an uber making it a very endgame hunt, not what you want on a starting character. Whitill is probably better for Guld since it drops other items in Ruins (like RR and DoB).
Stink Frame → Pretty sure Yellowboze and Whitill are better (Yellow also gets TB and Zanba in the area it drops Stink Frame, Whitill also dropping DoB). Nobody plays Temple and the other IDs get it in Seabed, which people play. You can hunt it on VH but that's boring as sin and not many people care about this item.

Heavenly/Arms → Better to do Purplenum because it drops other items as well (such as V101, Heaven Striker, BOVN)
Cannon Rouge → Much easier on Redria (who can also drop V801 and Mother Garb(+))
Lame D'argent → Better on either Viridia (drops other items such as H/Battle, V101 and Yunchang or Yellowboze for higher drop rates, plus items such as V101, V502, etc...)

tl;dr: Don't make a Greenill. VH hunts are boring and nobody does them.

Reactions: Mad
I appreciate the detail in your post, NDW. I don't really think I have the time and resources to make another account with "good" IDs, especially with the 2x exp gone now. And based off of your detailed review, most of those items that are worth getting aren't what you would put in a level grinding/playing set anyways. Handgun Guld is nice if you're trying to make Guld Millas, but other ID's can also do that.

It's just sad to see a very popular and strong ID from the GC days now be reduced to what it is now. Back then, Viridia was arguably the worst one. The tables have turned it seems, lol. But I do have a few friends with different IDs so not all is lost. I was just trying to justify being a greenie on this server. Seems like I just genuinely messed up this time around though. Fuck me for having nostalgia. :(

If Green is the worst section id (sounds like it) does that mean we should dissuade people from playing it? Are semi-rare drop propensities not factored into this discussion? Hunting caliburs with Skyly is real.
Rianov 5 looks to be the most significant drop available when other id drops are factored in, but I think Rianov 5 is worthy of hunting into the market. Another weapon with incredibly rare abilities, but this one might be ignored due to the id it is attached to.

Yeah, guys, I ESPECIALLY don't appreciate all the trash talk about frickin' Section IDs, especially when they also have a slight impact on mag evolutions, as well (if you care about that sort of thing... if not, do some research, you'll be pleasantly surprised). Have I had some problems in the end-game with Greenill? Solo, sure. But this is an ONLINE game, after all, where it's encouraged to play and work with other players. If you can't do that, why the hell are you even playing this online?

Rianov-5 is not that useful because the Bazookas (CR) are better on the enemies you'd use it on, along with the S-Rank Launcher spec'd with Berserk I believe. You can also Excalibur on De Rol Le which is a lot faster.

It's combo-locked which makes it not very useful at all in comparison to other items.

It gets "rifles" more often, but that's not really useful as Handgun is more useful overall for specials like Hell, Demon's, Arrest due to more classes being able to use them and a faster combo.

Yeah, guys, I ESPECIALLY don't appreciate all the trash talk about frickin' Section IDs
It's not trash talk, it's weighing it up against another one and deciding if it's worth it. The truth is, it is not, and Greenill is not uniquely needed for any mag evolution either.

Solo mode is really cool and fun and some people like it!
EP4 FREEROAM YO

tl;dr: Don't make a Greenill. VH hunts are boring and nobody does them.
I guess that my Greenill MU3 VH runs to simultaneously help level my team mates and hunt H/Arms, Ignition Cloak, and Photon Crystals all at the same time DURING AN HBR BOOST means nothing.

Yep. Sure sounds like nobody does them.

Purplenum has a slightly higher PC rate on a much more common monster (yowies) + Tyrells Parasol
Bluefull has the same better rate + H/arm and Ignition cloak drops

Greenill is ok for that hunt but there are better alternatives I think
(which is kinda true for everything greenill)

That isn't very relevant to this thread ;_;
Sure it's a solution but we're talking about the benefits of Greenill vs other IDs

I guess that my Greenill MU3 VH runs to simultaneously help level my team mates and hunt H/Arms, Ignition Cloak, and Photon Crystals all at the same time DURING AN HBR BOOST means nothing.

Yep. Sure sounds like nobody does them.
I personally agree with Matt. It's a matter of opinion.

The argument about "good early game drops" somehow setting things right doesn't really work. About 98% of the total EXP earned on the way to Lv. 200 is in Ultimate...

Rianov-5 is not that useful because the Bazookas (CR) are better on the enemies you'd use it on, along with the S-Rank Launcher spec'd with Berserk I believe. You can also Excalibur on De Rol Le which is a lot faster.

I'd like some proof on this excal theory.

reminds me of my pinkal (which was a retarded id on schthack) hucast which i leveled to 200 just because i didnt care

I'd like some proof on this excal theory.
Testing on a max ATP/ATA/LCK RAmarl with 20SZ and 100AB/25H weapons:

Excalibur kill was about 20 seconds.
Rianov-5 kill was about 1:10 minutes.

Furthermore, looking at the behaviour of the Rianov-5 while DRL is off craft, the Bazookas are better weapons as they'll consistently hit more parts for more damage.

(You may have to wait a little for the Rianov-5 video to be uploaded)

The reason Excalibur is so much faster is because its higher damage allows you to get to DRL's body faster (he does not take damage until the shells are off), and the ability to combo means the damage also comes out faster. Rianov-5 might do more damage per attack (I don't know if this is actually the case), but it's far too slow that DRL is able to get off the raft.

The results are similar with 0AB/0Hit weapons as well. DRL will get off the raft in both cases, but Excalibur will be able to do a lot more damage before it does.

are you guys ignoring the fact that ria5 being combo locked basically kills any niche it would have or are you just so lost in your delusion that you need to trick yourself into thinking it's good to justify playing a greenill

like, be a greenill if you want to

just dont try to tell people that its good just because it has one exclusive drop that cant actually fill any niche that other weapons can fill just as well

make a snow queen
or buy a charge arms

or stop trying to say roy is good just because hes your favorite character in melee and just accept that hes low tier. kinda like greenill

except greenill cant use the sword of seals so its objectively worse than roy is anyway

Reactions: CTB
Greenill's Guld drop is better than Whitill's Guld in my opinion, since Hell Needle/JC can speed up spaceship quite a bit. On the other hand Sorcs is only abundant in FoaM and DR, which both seems slower from my experience overall.

As someone who has a Greenill, that's the only run I would make Greenill rooms for.

I hear the phrases "ID doesn't matter" and "Just play with others" a lot.
I don't think that is always an option, also I don't think it's very fun to play an ID that is never useful. It's fun to have a hunt that you can help people with. (unless you hate making rooms then it's a huge bonus)

I agree with this, with my favourite character to play as on a Bluefull which I don't need anymore things from, I tend to lobby a lot; it is one the things I regret the most in this game.

Testing on a max ATP/ATA/LCK RAmarl with 20SZ and 100AB/25H weapons:

Excalibur kill was about 20 seconds.
Rianov-5 kill was about 1:10 minutes.

Furthermore, looking at the behaviour of the Rianov-5 while DRL is off craft, the Bazookas are better weapons as they'll consistently hit more parts for more damage.

(You may have to wait a little for the Rianov-5 video to be uploaded)

The reason Excalibur is so much faster is because its higher damage allows you to get to DRL's body faster (he does not take damage until the shells are off), and the ability to combo means the damage also comes out faster. Rianov-5 might do more damage per attack (I don't know if this is actually the case), but it's far too slow that DRL is able to get off the raft.

The results are similar with 0AB/0Hit weapons as well. DRL will get off the raft in both cases, but Excalibur will be able to do a lot more damage before it does.

Interesting but Im also not a fan of Bezerk haha.

Sucky ID or Not....the FOmar named YOmap was the first character I made when I started on gamecube and I stick with em.

Last edited:
Back