What's the best section ID for each class?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Preamble

Feel free to skip this part if you just want to answer the question.

One of the most common questions by new players is "what ID should I pick for [class]?", as it's a permanent decision and is very important to a character's overall usefulness in certain contexts.

However, while there's information out there that lists what an ID drops, or tier lists of each ID, there's not really any resource that just answers the question as to what section ID someone should pick when they are new. You can say "well, all IDs are good, it depends on what or where you want to hunt", but new players don't know anything so cannot make a decision and they're not going to be doing 10 hours of research before they even make their character.

Ultimately, new players want to be told to pick an ID that they will not potentially regret choosing 100 hours down the line. You can argue they're all good, but not all of them are good for every person and class, as it will depend on how they play the game. Skyly for Hunters, Purplenum for Rangers, and Pinkal for Forces are still the most commonly picked IDs because there is a guide out there that tells people to just pick those IDs; it's what people want to know when they're asking this question.

A bit back, I started a template with a RAmarl guide, which quickly goes through why you should or shouldn't pick the class, what IDs you should pick, and gives people mag and material plans right off the bat.

We need to template the rest of the classes in the same way (phelix started one for HUcast), but before doing so, I'd like to know what the community thinks are the best IDs for each class.

The question

I'm going to make the template for all the rest of the class guides on the wiki, but I'd like to know what the community thinks are the best IDs for each class. This will be aimed at new players, so I'm looking to get answers to the following:
  • Best ID for finding items for the class:
  • Best ID for finding items where the class excels:
  • Best ID for overall good items:
Along with any other categories that a new player may base their decision on, for example would it be important to decide based on whether someone is solo primarily or multiplayer primarily?

Please let me know in the replies what you think the best IDs are for each class for broad categories. You can answer as many or as little classes as you want, and also can just answer for class types rather than specifics (e.g. instead of suggestions for RAmarl and RAcast, suggestions for Hunters and Forces). Multiple suggestions for each category can be made, but if one is just straight up better, suggest only that.

After a while I'll aggregate the results and come up with some answers. Feel free to discuss in this thread too.

Example

(Please note that this example may not be accurate, it is just an example)

For RAmarl:

Best ID for finding items for the class: Greenill
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Skyly
Best ID for overall good items: Whitill

Remember - This is aimed at new players, so while an ID like Bluefull may be a killer ID in Seabed, is it a good choice for a new player in general? It might be, but just remember to keep this in mind.

I mean it'll always be somewhat of a tricky question to answer cuz everyone's different, but generally it'll help people form an idea.
I got at least two for now (well, three, but I agree with the HUcast guide). Might mention more later.

HUmar

Best ID for finding items for the class: Skyly.
Good pre-ult weapon progression, still solid progression after. He wants the swords for crowd control as a fleshy early on. The ID also gets Swordsman Lores, Gurens (with DLS as a side-drop, which can also be handy to have) and Lames. If self-found also gets Twin Blaze and S-Reds, and there's the coveted SJS of course but HUmar actually has enough ATP to make good use out of it.

Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Virida.
He mobs bosses. Also quite solid in early stages where Viridia thrives a bit more.

HUcaseal

Best ID for finding items for the class: Viridia (self-found) / Oran (if wanting to trade)
Viridia is a prime HUcaseal start package which gets you Swordsman Lores, V101, Red Ring, Shourens, good Vjaya rates, PGF, Smartlink, Lame, V501, Yunchang (though, if you run early HUcl you kinda wanna run BPD anyway), a bunch of H/powers and Red Sword.
You'd miss out on DLS however, which is something she wants, thus Oran makes for a good option aswell that finds a lot of similar things + S-Parts (and just good moneymaking items in general).

Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Purplenum/Whitill.
Her potency with specials on stages like CCA in combination with Last Swan, traps, workable EVP and HU gear is extremely powerful. She's also particulary strong in Caves on both modes with real easy to acquire gear, making Purplenum ideal. Whitill recently got a Heaven Striker drop on Sinow Zoa's, which is an area she's also excellent at, with or without hell.

Best ID for finding items for the class:
HUNTER - Skyly, Viridia, Whitill
RANGER - Purplenum, Greenill
FORCE - Pinkal, Bluefull

Best ID for finding items where the class excels:
HUNTER
Best: Viridia, Skyly, Whitill
2nd best: Redria, Oran, Purplenum

RANGER
Best: Pinkal, Whitill, Purplenum, Greenill, Skyly
2nd best: Oran, Yellowboze

FORCE
Best: Bluefull, Pinkal
2nd best: Skyly, Viridia

Best ID for overall good items: Whitill for every class

I am giving it a try; Choices were made mostly considering solo play, ID seems less important to me for multi.

Best Class Drops:

HUNTER - Skyly, Yellowbose, Bluefull
RANGER - Purplenum, Greenill, Whitill
FORCE - Pinkal, Oran

Area where the class excels :

HUNTER - Skyly, Yellowbose, Redria
RANGER - Purplenum, Whitill
FORCE - Skyly, Pinkal, Viridia, Oran, Redria, Greenill

Overall Good ID: Viridia, Greenill, Skyly, Whitill, Redria (actually they are all good because you guys balance them very well but i had to make a choice)

Last edited:
IDK, I suck at braining rn but:

Best ID for overall good items: Whitill

HUmar:
Best ID for finding items for the class: Skyly/Redria
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Viridia/Yellowboze

HUnewearl:

HUcast:

HUcaseal:

RAmar:
Best ID for finding items for the class: Purplenum/Greenill
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Blueful/Skyly/Viridia/Pinkal

RAmarl:

RAcast:

RAcaseal:
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Oran/Skyly/Purplenum

FOmar:
Best ID for finding items for the class: Pinkal/Bluefull
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Redria/Whitill/Purplenum

FOmarl:
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Redria/Whitill/Purplenum

FOnewm:
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Redria/Oran/Whitill/Greenill

FOnewearl:
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Redria/Oran/Whitill/Greenill

Don't forget pink gets the elemental wands and all/most of the amps/barriers in hard difficulty (at the best rates) which is great for early game FO.
Obviously, there is no perfect solution other than ''make multiple IDs/Characters'' and I could have spent hours on this instead of 20 mins but ma brain.

Last edited:
Pinkal is bad. Here is when you should currently consider making a Pinkal:
+ You like running quests with gibbons
+ You really like Ep2 and refuse to make other characters
+ You SOMEHOW fail to get any elemental wands on your trip to Ult and PDs disconnect you if they drop

Otherwise.........
Nobody (actually) wants a common wand or rod with hit. But you'll make bank with a high hit calibur (Skyly) or Charge mechs (Purplenum.)
Techs DO NOT drop more frequently or have higher levels.
All other IDs have better area drops or better overall.

Forest: garbage. Photon Crystal is a better idea for Smartlink and Red Saber (which doesn't need hit and comes from IDs with FS in Forest, so you could just buy them for 1PD instead....)
Any ID that gets an FS is just straight better but some IDs get stuff which sells for a lot/is useful on top like a Bartle Bravemen (Redria.)

Caves: garbage, but they get H/Arms off a rare spawn which is sort of nice. Most IDs only have one or no good drops here but Purplenum (P Wand, Vise) or Bluefull (Shark Vjaya) would probably be ideal.

Mines: Moola if you're a Force, Parts of Baranz if you're a RA. H/Pun is unrealistic at ~/190,000 and not a reason to go with Pinkal ever. Unfortunately for Pinkal, Moola drops in a lot of other places easily with better IDs while Baranz is on other superior IDs. Better off going with Viridia (v101, Baranz, same stupid HP drop), Green (V101/Baranz), Blue (better Moola, common enemy Vjaya), Oran (Sparts, V101), Yellow (v101, lame, moola...kinda)

Ruins: Ruins is generally a sad place for all IDs outside of Red Ring, which Pinkal does not get. Swordsman Lore is a valid option here for Pinkal, but you could just play Viridia/Skyly which gets the same drop and Red Ring. Bringers has a place as well....except Viridia again gets the same drop but better. Still - Pinkal does okay here with this combination of drops. +1 for Pinkal!

Temple: Rambling May - kind of niche, and Vivienne which may see a bit more use. Pinkal is the only ID to get both in the same area, but you generally have an easier time hunting Rambling on Redria or Whitil while Skyly has a better Vivienne hunt. Redria or Whitill could be argued better for the area but overall this is a good place for Pinkal since other IDs are generally one drop or bust. I'll give +1 for Pinkal.

Spaceship: Junk. Motav is a much more difficult hunt here over Oran's. Moola is on something of an annoyance for hunting and already available elsewhere faster. Liberta Kit might go for a few PDs? Baranz rate is worse for whatever reason but Mines can be a little more difficult gameplay wise. Outside of Liberta Kit other IDs get a better/same Moola/Baranz hunt or having better drops (random examples of Daylight Scar, Pan Arms Braveman, or Photon Filter.)

CCA: They get monkeh Braveman and Lame D. +2 for Pinkal, I don't even care about the other IDs in comparison. If you run nothing else but CCA and tower then Pinkal might be for you.

Seabed: Just PGF. Pwand is a worse drop than their HP off a shitter of an enemy so it might as well not be a drop when Blueful and Viridia have a much more realistic Pwand in the same place and PGF. V501 strictly speaking is not a bad drop but as a stepping stone (and from a Deldepth), you can buy it cheap or go on a much easier hunt with Blueful. The other drops are arguably better than Pinkal's as well coming from Spigells at higher rates. All other IDs have something over Pinkal here, maybe with the exception of Greenil and Skyly.

Tower: Well, some people might want Heart of Lollipop. Probably. Otherwise you're better off with one of the 3 V502 IDs and/or IDs which have good miniboss drops which Pinkal...kinda sorta does.+0.5 for Pinkal?

Crater: V801, Clio, and a Crystal. Decent combination but unless you're hell bent on Clio, other IDs can give you the same drops or better. Viridia gets LK38, Lame and Cannon Rouge, Green gets an easier crystal + V101, Skyly gets Lame + easier crystal + girasole (i guesssss, quest item imo), Purple gets V801 + easy Vise + same crystal drop, Red gets Crimson + easy Braveman + easier crystal, Blue gets Limiter + easy Vjaya + girasole, Oran gets a decent SoF drop + same Crystal Drop + V801 + easier hit% Musashi, Yellow gets Rouge + Girsole + easier Crystal + Photon Filter, and Whitill...well, I think Whitill actually doesn't do so hot here but it isn't a wasteland (Liberta Kit, same crystal, and a decent braveman drop.) Thirteen is technically an exclusive drop for Whitill _enemies_ but all IDs have box drops + it comes from DDWBP2.

Desert: SoF and Limiter...maybe Guradianna if you're turbo cool. Pinkal is decent here but a number of other IDs have very strong offerings that Pinkal doesn't. But these other IDs often have what Pinkal is offering elsewhere. Pinkal can have a +1.

===

So TLDR, looking at the winners, it's pretty much Whitill and Purplenum. But who are the fukkn losers? Who has squat to offer you in the end game? Who gives you equipment you can just buy for 1PD anyway? Or just 1/lol rates? ...or just gets outshined by everyone if nothing else?

Forest: Pinkal (thanks ddwbp)
Cave: Pinkal (Whitill is extremely close but hit% Red Swords sometimes sell for a small amount.)
Mine: Whitill (toss up with Pinkal due to Heart of Izmaela vs S-Reds + Yahoo, so lets give Pinkal a break)
Ruins: Yellowboze (everyones a loser but the best they have to smooth the lack of Red Ring is Guardianna...)
Temple: Oran
Spaceship: Pinkal (Viridia is close; people want to buy Heart of Crazy Tune at about 3x the cost of 1 Liberta Kit)
CCA: Everyone is a winner. Um.... Viridia wins the least, I guess.
Seabed: Skyly (another ddwbp drive by)
Tower: Everyone is a winner due to the minibosses or a 502 drop. Pinkal wins the least for now since nobody is paying top dollar for Lollipop atm.
Crater: Whitill
Desert: Skyly

Pinkal: 4 (backed up by only 1 very strong area)
Skyly: 2 (not particularly great but backed up by some strong hunts and Calibur frequency)
Whitill: 2 (backed up by multiple very strong areas/hunts)
Viridia: 1 (backed up by multiple very strong hunts, RR+PGF ID)
Oran: 1 (backed up by very strong area/hunts)
Yellowboze: 1 (well...its better than Pinkal overall...)

Yuck!
"but breaka pinkal find da force gear ezpz"
No!

You should go with Purplenum! Or Oran/Blue/White, but looking at Purplenum for now.

Lets take a look at the recommended equipment from the Wiki ...
Psycho Wand
Bluefull: 1/205 from E1 Mil Lily (rough)
Pinkal: 1/299593 from Sinow Zele (piss)

Magical Piece
Quest/Event reward.

Summit Moon (Magic Rock 'moola')
Purple: 1/40.6 from E1 VH Panarms (EZ) or 1/525 (decent) from Sinow Blue if you want to look for Vise/Syncesta/Baranz Parts/Yask 9000
Pinkal: 1/853 from E1 VH Guil Shark (why) or 1/1050 (meh) from Dubchich if you want to hunt Heart of Izamaela / Baranz parts

Club of Laconium, Club of Zumiuran, Mace of Adaman
DDWBP, Rappy Route. If someone isn't willing to just trade you all three for a PD anyway.

Fire Scepter: Agni, Storm Wand: Indra, Ice Staff: Dagon
These drop on Pinkal a lot but are not worth making a Pinkal for. Or maybe you can since they all drop in hard - pick em up and throw em away!
I recommend just throwing out a B> in Discord and someone will sell them to you for meseta or a PD. Coren also sells them though I wouldn't recommend this way.

Mercurius Rod
(people use this?) Purple can find Glide but not the Brave Hammer or Caduceus. Pinkal can't find the Brave Hammer (odd), though they can get it from a quest. Everything for this is really cheap regardless.

Striker of Chao (Branch of Pakupaku)
(...people use this too?) Purple has the same or easier drops than Pinkal.

Glide Divine
Same drops as Pinkal in Ultimate on Satellite Lizard and Gi Gue. You'll probably see a lot of these.

Excalibur (Lame d'Argent)
As mentioned, this is actually a case for Pinkal. Purple can't find Lame on their own. But this is pretty much also the only reason to justify a Pinkal.

Diska of Braveman
Ties in with the above hunt. Whitill generally has more opportunities at getting a high hit Braveman but it's nice to look for with the Lame. Purplenum can get them from DDWBP if you're desperate but probably cheaper to just buy one until you need to hunt for end game hit %s.

M&A60 Vise
Purple gets these a lot, unlike Pinkal who only gets them from Dorphin in VH. This is a very nice drop with hit and can sell for a lot if you don't need it for whatever reason (with a lot of hit, anyway.)

Slicer of Fanatic
DDWBP. Though you'll probably want hit, so Pinkal wins here...though you probably would be better off with Oran in that case, since Oran can hunt for SoF and V801 at the same time.

Bringer's Right Arm
Same drop for both IDs. Ruins is sad.

Holy Ray
OK Wiki, I don't believe people actually use this. You can get it from DDWBP but Pinkal wins if you want hit.

Gal Wind (Gal Gryphon's Wing)
Both IDs lose. But Oran is a winner that also gets V801 and SoF!

Girasole
To the Deepest Blue for both IDs. You'll need another ID like Blueful if you want hit though you probably shouldn't.

Demonic Fork
Pinkal wins but Oran and Purple win more while having the same drop.

Thirteen
Purple technically wins since they can find it from a box with variable dfp/evp. But both can get it from DDWBP.

Ignition Cloak
Pinkcal can't find this. But Purple can! Blue and Oran can as well, though its very boring. Wandering Tekker can sell but 1/300 rate for 100,000 roll means good luck.

Mother Garb+
I no longer trust the Wiki recommendations. Next

Dress Plate
Pinkal can't find it. Purple can.

Red Ring
No winners here, have to use another ID like Whitill.

[merges]
yeah these suck to hunt. Pinkal wins cleanly here though I believe Blue also wins. Don't wanna go through all those tables...

Combat Gear
Pinkal doesn't find it, Purple can. Cheap and probably not something that actually gets used by FOs much...

V101
Both IDs lose, but Oran wins.

V502
Pinkal doesn't find it, Purple does.

Smartlink
I'm not sure why this was added to the drop charts, just go play DDWBP2.

V801
Depends on how you feel about rare monsters. Purplenum wins if you like them, Pinkal wins if you don't, but you should use Oran anyway in that case.

Adept (Limiter)
Meme. Purple can't find it but you should use Whitill instead and sell it inbetween SoFs.

I probably screwed up somewhere but I don't want to spend more time on this. You'll figure out what I meant! Probably

Last edited:
Best ID for overall good items: I'm not sure what this means, and it seems very subjective. I'll try in any case. Purplenum gets Vise, Pwand, HS, and FS. Those things are good on multiple classes, and can be hunted for a lifetime, so that's what I'll go with.

Hunters:

Best ID for finding items for the class: Viridia probably? V101, Smartlink, Red Ring, Swordsman Lore, S-parts (on normal mode) and Thirteen can all be found. Limiter might be nice for Hunewearl too. Red Sword is a pretty good starter sword that can be found on this ID. Lame and L&K38 combat can also be hunted down the road, though Viridia lame is usually not the most efficient. This still leaves a big hole for numerous essential weapons like Vise and DoB, but nothing is perfect.
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Not really sure, maybe Skyly?

Rangers:

Best ID for finding items for the class: Greenil hands down - the only ID which gets V101 and V502. HS, FS, and RR are also essentials. D-Parts ver1.01 and Dress Plate can also be found. This is the only ID which can find all the best-in-slot units, frames, and barrier for rangers, in addition to a number of essential weapons. Heavenly/Arms and God/Arms can also be found on this ID as the player is getting levels.
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Whitill - a strong ID in CCA and Seabed for DoBs and HS.

Forces:

Best ID for finding items for the class: Pinkal is arguably the best for female forces due to the ability to find Rambling May and Vivienne for FoMarl and Fonewearl respectively. Spuz's above point about Pinkal having superior access to amplifiers and barriers is actually quite useful for beginners. Gets essentials like Glide Divine and Branch of Pakupaku. Don't forget access to SoF, V801, and Limiter as well. Purplenum would be arguably better for Fonewm, as it trades off limiter and SoF for Psycho Wand and Ignition Cloak.
Best ID for finding items where the class excels: Purplenum - strong in Forest, Caves, and Mines and also a good ID for Kondrieu hunting.

Only took me several months to actually finish what I was doing and make these pages, but I've used the information here and what I know to create all the class guide pages on the wiki and suggest IDs for every single class.

Right now what I've done is:

All classes: Whitil for the generically good ID
Hunters: Skyly for Hunter items, Viridia for easily huntable items
Rangers: Greenill/Purple for Ranger items, Bluefull/Skyly for easily huntable items
Forces: Pinkal for Force items, Greenill/Redria for easily huntable items

Whether these were the correct choices, I'm not sure about, but each class page is freely editable so if you feel something is more appropriate, anyone can update it.

Here's my take:

Best ID for finding items for the class: This is a great starting place for your first character as you'll want these items. However, once you have lots of characters, it's far better to have each have the best ID for where the class excels. With that out of the way, let's get to the list.

ClassBest for selfBest where excelsOverall best ID (IMO)
HUmarSkyly/Bluefull/PurplenumRedria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozePurplenum
HUnewearlSkyly/BluefullRedria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozePurplenum
HUcastSkyly/Bluefull/PurplenumRedria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozePurplenum
HUcasealSkyly/Bluefull/PurplenumRedria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozePurplenum
RAmarWhitill/Redria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozeWhitill/Yellowboze/BluefullWhitill
RAmarlWhitill/Redria/Greenill/PurplenumBut she excels everywhereAny (or get all 10)
RAcastWhitill/Viridia/Redria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozeWhitill/PinkalWhitill
RAcasealWhitill/Viridia/Redria/Greenill/Purplenum/YellowbozeWhitill/BluefullWhitill
FOmarPinkalRedria/GreenillPinkal
FOmarlPinkalBluefull/Purplenum/SkylyWhatever ID you're missing from your other characters, or start with pinkal if your first.
FOnewmPinkalRedria/GreenillGreenill
FOnewearlPinkalRedria/GreenillRedria

Back